As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Embrace your inner Minkus

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
edited July 2015 in Social Entropy++
The%20Adventure%20Zone%20Flat_17.jpg
Justin, Travis and Griffin McElroy from My Brother, My Brother and Me have recruited their dad Clint for a campaign of high adventure. Join the McElroys as they find their fortune and slay an unconscionable number of ... you know, kobolds or whatever in ... The Adventure Zone.

CBBLOGOFULL-300x300.jpg
Join host Scott Aukerman (“Comedy Bang! Bang!” on IFC, “Mr. Show”) for a weekly podcast that blends conversation and character work from today’s funniest comedians. While Scott begins by traditionally interviewing the celebrities, the open-door policy means an assortment of eccentric oddballs can pop by at any moment to chat, compete in games, and engage in comic revelry. With all that, and regular bonus episodes, we bet your favorite part will still be the plugs!

Flophouse_cover1.jpeg
Elliott Kalan, Dan McCoy, and Stuart Wellington are friends who’ve decided to express that friendship not by doing productive or enjoyable things, but instead by watching critical or commercial flops, and then discussing those terrible movies for you to enjoy in your ear-holes. Although, honestly, most of the time they just talk about random bullshit.

mza_3809895227079259314.600x600-75.jpg
The Giant Bomb staff discuss the latest video game news and new releases, taste-test questionable beverages, and get wildly off-topic in this weekly podcast.

MBMBAM_Update_115.jpg
My Brother, My Brother and Me is an advicecast for the modern era featuring three real-life brothers: Justin, Travis and Griffin McElroy. For roughly five-sixths of an hour each week, with new episodes dropping every Monday, the brothers McElroy will answer any query sent our way, each fielding questions falling into our respective areas of expertise. We operate like a streamlined, advice-generating machine. It’s both terrifying and humbling to behold.

6F32U1X.png
Mr. G on

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I kept wanting to make this thread but then i was like ah someone is going to do it better than i would anyway

good job mr. g

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I can't remember if I mentioned it last thread but I listened to Trends Like These and it was pretty good! It's a nice little bite sized podcast. I'll probably keep listening to it because Travis and Brent seem like they do well together and I'm usually done listening to all my podcasts by wednesday anyway. Gives me a little something at the end of the week.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah i need to try it out, i haven't listened yet

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Also I just pulled pretty much the first images I found off of Google but I like how they are also coincidentally sized accordingly to how much they dominate discussion in these threads

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I'm listening to the second "season" of the Revolutions podcast, which is about the American Revolution. It's pretty interesting to hear about it as an adult.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so I just watched the Black Mesa unfinished, and my first thought was how INSANELY stupid the comments were going to be

I was not wrong

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Lets talk about Brad's Suck Bucket

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Oh my god danny's Dan impression

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    pnwr0snapooz.jpg

get hype

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I wanna know the GBEAST hire so bad

• Options
    surprise, it's you

Steam ID
  • Options
    yaaaaaaay

• Options
    Exclusive new GB Feature Reveal:

Chincy's 3D Platformer corner, where I talk about how wrong the rest of the staff is about 3d platformers

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    also since this got stuck as the very last post in the old thread

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2015/05/episode-204-blind-fury.html
    On this week's episode, the gang has nothing but love for 1989's incredible White Guy Karate masterpiece, Blind Fury! Why do all movies with blind characters have other characters "test" them to see if they're actually blind? How lame is this terrible wimp of a villain, MacCready? And how is Chris not impressed by a blind guy chopping a flying squash in half? PLUS: How many Academy Award-winning films have ripped this movie off? Answer: At least two.

Blind Fury stars Rutger Hauer, Terry O'Quinn, Brandon Call, Noble Willingham, Randall 'Tex' Cobb, Nick Cassavetes Meg Foser, and Shô Kosugi; directed by Phillip Noyce.

it's really good

WHM's been on a roll lately, I think

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    There's a new fucking you look nice today holy shit

If you guys have never listened to you look nice today you should listen to the whole archive

But holy shit it's like a year or two between episodes anymore

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Danny's Dan impression is perfect

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    This whole Bombcast is fantastic. One of the best recently, and it makes me want this group permanently (plus Jeff)

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    It's weirdly similar to Dan's Vince McMahon impression.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

If you guys have never listened to you look nice today you should listen to the whole archive

What is it? The description on the podcast page kinda doesn't say anything.

• Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    It's weirdly similar to Dan's Vince McMahon impression.

Oh my god you're right

• Options
    I would listen to a chincycast

Awww....

• Options
    The referendum is on Friday, Danny.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I think I'm skipping CBB this week because I just do not get the Hollywood Handbook guys.

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular

When do they announce they hired someone?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I liked this week's CBB

You could tell the vibe between them and Scott was immediate

• Options

I dunno but the description of gbeast is "Alex, Vinny, a third person, and a rotating guest

• Options
    They're going to hire someone, but we have no idea where in the process of doing so they are.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular

Dunno yet, I saw it last night as I was about to go to sleep and I wanted to listen to it when I'd actually be able to listen.

Probably gonna listen to it tonight.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    I'm listening to the second "season" of the Revolutions podcast, which is about the American Revolution. It's pretty interesting to hear about it as an adult.

This is pretty true of a lot of school-age history, though podcasts have the benefit of not having to cover the entire revolution in like 10 class periods.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I kinda miss having the entire history of rome back catalog to marathon through.

(I went through it in like 3 months((I was really depressed and stuck in the house that winter)))

• Options

Dunno yet, I saw it last night as I was about to go to sleep and I wanted to listen to it when I'd actually be able to listen.

It's pretty short, only around 10 minutes. You'll know why when you hear it.

It's still pretty great though.

• Options

Oh, sorry, I should have been more specific

What is the podcast, on the whole

• Options
    the lastest You Look Nice Today is teasingly short. I need more!

Steam ID
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular

So far the response from Jeff anytime someone's asked has been basically an increasingly exasperated "YOU WILL KNOW WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING TO KNOW." so... sometime, eventually. (I mean, I feel like it can't be that far out or else they're going to lose a bunch of their initial candidates since it's taken so long.)

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    giant bomb east should hire tina amini

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hire David Letterman

Get him to talk about videogames

• Options
    edited May 2015

Oh, sorry, I should have been more specific

What is the podcast, on the whole
    oh!

it started back in like 2006/2007 and it was these three kinda nerdy white guys from the tech world (one mostly works in film) who met on twitter and decided to start a comedy podcast together

it starts with them sort of having bits, like pretending to be looking for sponsors, but mostly it's just them starting with a topic and then just going on huge hilarious tangents all the time while talking about their lives

it's really hard to put it into words because it's really strange and hilarious

but i recommend listening to "The Good Part": http://youlooknicetoday.com/episode/good-part

or "Vachina" first http://youlooknicetoday.com/episode/vachina

they also have four live episodes that are also great

eventually they kinda just stopped updating to the point where one of them confirmed they were done on twitter

but then they apparently released this 10 minute episode which i hope is a sign of things to come

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Well I was hoping it wouldn't be just another set of nerdy white guys but it seems like there is some cool stuff in there so I'll probably check it out anyway.

• Options
    *inhales sharply* yeah i was a little worried about that

and now i'm all self conscious about the episodes i posted

but i will say that i am a person who does not like podcasts and has never found another podcast that i actually like

but i have listened to every episode of you look nice today over and over and over again

you can also just start from the beginning, maybe you should do that: http://youlooknicetoday.com/episode/morning-powder

it's a good episode too, it's just that as they go on they get more comfortable and relaxed with it

like one of the guys actually became a relatively successful comedian because of it, and he and another, merlin mann, do a comedy show together that always does really well

merlin is actually like a tech and podcast personality apparently but i don't follow that world

it's a good thing

lfYVHTd.png
This discussion has been closed.