As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcasts] Embrace your inner Minkus

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I like things if they are good, regardless of who is in them

It's more an issue of whether or not I'll try something these days

Your recommendation already ensures I'll check it out, at least, so it's more up to them at this point.

Plus I just really need a new podcast to listen to. I'm running out, and there are only so.many times you can listen to every released episode of The Adventure Zone.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Yaaaaaaaaaaay

The first episode of my turn running Roll for Your Lives just came out

?format=500w
    6.1: Dont Drink the Moosewater
    It's once again time for a new adventure, and it's Shane's turn to take the wheel. The setting? A monster-filled wilderness where small pockets of civilization try to stay alive and push back against the aberrant creatures. The players? A chipper young woman trying to prove herself, a boisterous blacksmith who loves hitting things with blunt objects, a wild woman who trusts sheep more than people, and a brawler who turns out to have a special talent for mounting.

Audio credits for this episode go to Woody Allen and "Blut Im Auge" by Equilibrium.

http://www.viking-rocketship.com/rollforyourlives/

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Merlin Mann does a lot of podcasting.

He started yet another one just the other day.

• existexist Registered User regular
    The Hollywood handbook guys were whatever on the ads but the CBB episode was really funny.

UmPiq.png
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I don't want to get my hopes too high for recurring You Look Nice Today eps. Could be another Scat Academy (Part 1) situation

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    that title was just fucking cruel

lfYVHTd.png
    Yaaaaaaaaaaay

?format=500w
    It's once again time for a new adventure, and it's Shane's turn to take the wheel. The setting? A monster-filled wilderness where small pockets of civilization try to stay alive and push back against the aberrant creatures. The players? A chipper young woman trying to prove herself, a boisterous blacksmith who loves hitting things with blunt objects, a wild woman who trusts sheep more than people, and a brawler who turns out to have a special talent for mounting.

Audio credits for this episode go to Woody Allen and "Blut Im Auge" by Equilibrium.

@Stilts jesus christ what is this intro

Im dying

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    The Hollywood handbook guys were whatever on the ads but the CBB episode was really funny.

Hmm maybe I'll give it a listen. I just saw it was them in the description and didn't download the ep.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yaaaaaaaaaaay

?format=500w

Stilts jesus christ what is this intro

Im dying

It's a Woody Allen standup bit about a moose combined with growly German viking metal.

The most obvious combination of things in the world.

IKknkhU.gif
    I know you told me you were doing this

But at the same time I cant believe it actually happened

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    I just realized that I managed to find and cut out the second time Luke forced us to pause the game and just talk about random shit.

But I forgot about the first time.

Dammit, Luke!

Now I have to edit and upload it again.

IKknkhU.gif
    edited May 2015
    @The Betgirl @TheRoadVirus @Ms Dapper and anyone else who might have already downloaded 6.1 of RFYL

I just did a quick edit and uploaded the newest version to take out some boring rambling that happened while we waited for Luke to come back.

But I did leave in the bits about my new nickname.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Unlimited data! Doesn't bother me any bwahahahahaha

I also left in the sick burn @JohnHam gave Luke.

IKknkhU.gif
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    wait, Luke leaving made you start talking about boring stuff?

in my experience that is usually the opposite of how it works

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    This WHM has actually convinced me to watch Blind Fury
    The only other movie that did this was the masterpiece TUFF TURF

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh, i had thought you look nice today was like, actually a fashion podcast

i'm sure it's still great, going by its reputation, but my desire to listen to it has taken a hit

uc3ufTB.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    wait, Luke leaving made you start talking about boring stuff?

in my experience that is usually the opposite of how it works

The last time I listened to a speed racer stream, when he left to do chores John Ham did a Bad Dragon dildo ad as a confused southerner

So I dunno, that was pretty good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    What is the tattoo justin has on his inner elbow

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Adventure Zone is up

YaYa wrote: »
    Adventure Zone is up

AGH NO ITS NOT

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    What is the tattoo justin has on his inner elbow

They Might Be Giants logo.

They-Might-Be-Giants-logo.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    Adventure Zone is up

AGH NO ITS NOT

no idea what podcast I just downloaded then!

Adventure Zone is up

AGH NO ITS NOT

no idea what podcast I just downloaded then!

It wasn't on the website

its there now

There is a weird echo on this episode

Also, per previous speculation for Adventure Zone:
    Whoever said it was Jenkins, or at least they used his wand, is right. One of the doors of the caboose has been fused shut. The rule of the wand was it could only be used to enter rooms with a single entrance.

Huge Adventure Zone culprit spoilers
    fucking Jenkins

I knew it

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Aw man. Adventure Zone spoilers
    I liked Jenkins

On the other hand, a big "you meddling kids" breakdown from him at the end could be amazing

Assuming Travis doesn't roll 3 natural 20s and cut him in half.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    So Travis is definitely fudging his rolls, right? I don't think he's ever failed an important check and he routinely pulls some crazy stuff.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

So Travis is definitely fudging his rolls, right? I don't think he's ever failed an important check and he routinely pulls some crazy stuff.

he has failed a couple

but also a lot of the crazy shit he's done griffin hasn't required him to roll for

like putting the chains in the living grinder, or cutting the tree down onto some enemies, etc etc

he just let him do those

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

The only kind of important roll I remember any of them failing was the bridge thing in episode 2.

ahahahahaha adventure zone spoilers
    "I'm going to call you wankins from now on"
    "my name is not wankins"
    "Ok Dinkins"

a5ehren wrote: »

The only kind of important roll I remember any of them failing was the bridge thing in episode 2.

Ultimately, it's not that important since this is primarily for our entertainment, but it's kind of disappointing because some of my favorite D&D moments have come from having to deal with failures.
    Aw man. Adventure Zone spoilers
    I liked Jenkins

On the other hand, a big "you meddling kids" breakdown from him at the end could be amazing

Assuming Travis doesn't roll 3 natural 20s and cut him in half.
    Well the good news is he didn't die on camera, so he can totally come back as a recurring villain.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

ahahahahaha adventure zone spoilers
    "I'm going to call you wankins from now on"
    "my name is not wankins"
    "Ok Dinkins"
    That was great but the best bit was Griffin failing Jenkins' roll to blast the meat monster, basically canonizing the "Jenkins is a shitty wizard" joke wholesale.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YPrx074JEQ&feature=youtu.be

I made a supercut of all the "spooky voice intros" for the Here There Be Gerblins and Moonlighting arcs in The Adventure Zone

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G you should have added the rockport ones since that's over now

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The description for today's episode says it's the penultimate one

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.