As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2015 BYOC Tickets are live!

Spud387Spud387 Man of InactionVancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
edited May 2015 in PAX West
PAX Prime BYOC Tickets are live!
Cost: $40

http://www.showclix.com/event/bc3852445/listing
This badge will not get you into PAX, but when accompanied by a single day PAX Badge for each day of PAX, this grants entrance to a reserved space to set up your own computer in our PC area. You won't need this if you just want to bring a laptop and hang out somewhere, but if you want to bring in your gaming computer and have your own spot in our private BYOC area specifically for LAN gaming, that's where this badge comes in.

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
Spud387 on

• Options
    meloncolliemeloncollie Registered User regular
    Thanks! Got mine :D
    Does anyone have any idea when group seating will go live?

10th PAXiversary! PAX Prime 2007-2017. PAX BYOC 2009-2017.
    @meloncollie | steam hiokaybye
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    NVM I'm a moron.

Bought'd

mcdermott on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Usually group seating starts much much closer to pax. I'd guess late July.

• Options
    FleenerFleener Registered User regular
    Was able to get all mine, thanks! I've been waiting for a tweet from PAX like last year. Glad I searched the forums.

• Options
    The_CyberchristThe_Cyberchrist Registered User regular
    Nice to see BYOC on the forums before getting tweeted to the masses, been a while since this has happened lol

Tickets Aquired

There is no blackness in this world which has not its mirror image in my soul.
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I believe it was sent out to people who said they wanted to be notified when BYOC tickets were available, during the badge registration process.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I believe it was sent out to people who said they wanted to be notified when BYOC tickets were available, during the badge registration process.

I haven't gotten a notification email that they were available, and I just verified on the Reed site that I did check that box when I ordered my PAX passes.

• Options
    celycely Registered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »

I haven't gotten a notification email that they were available, and I just verified on the Reed site that I did check that box when I ordered my PAX passes.

I didn't get an email either, just happened to check the PAX forums today and saw they were on sale so I bought some for my group.

rqUHgCM.png
  • Options
    Ah, well I assume Spud387 had to get it from somewhere. Maybe it just popped up on showclix and some people were paying attention.

• Options
    For what it's worth, my email notification from Reed just showed up in my inbox four minutes (1539 PDT) ago. So it looks like notifications are going out, possibly staggered?

• Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Well, got that squared away. Now I just need to get my airfare and I'm pretty much set.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    blackbunny208blackbunny208 Registered User new member
    Can someone tell me if I need a ticket for each day, or if one will suffice? Thank you.

• Options
    celycely Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, my email notification from Reed just showed up in my inbox four minutes (1539 PDT) ago. So it looks like notifications are going out, possibly staggered?

Yup I got mine in the same batch as yours.
    Can someone tell me if I need a ticket for each day, or if one will suffice? Thank you.

1 BYOC badge covers 1 person's spot in BYOC for all 4 days of PAX (provided you also have a PAX badge for whatever day you're trying to get into BYOC).

rqUHgCM.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

You need 1 BYOC ticket. But you need a PAX badge for every day you want to visit your computer in the BYOC room at PAX. If you don't have PAX badges for all 4 days, you can still do BYOC, you just can't go on the day you don't have a badge.

• Options
    blackbunny208blackbunny208 Registered User new member
    Thanks for the info cely and YoungFrey. I'll be there for the whole thing!

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Purchased! I got the email at like 1:38 am est, just seeing it now and so happy tickets were still available.

• Options
    BinnyBinny Whidbey Island, WARegistered User regular
    Glad I checked the forum. Got mine. Looks like they are available still.

• Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Ah, well I assume Spud387 had to get it from somewhere. Maybe it just popped up on showclix and some people were paying attention.

I got it from the PAX subreddit. By checking the showClix site directly we noticed the link went live. We never received any notification from PAX directly

Spud387 on
    Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    Spud387 wrote: »

I got if from the PAX subreddit. By checking the showclix site directly we noticed the link went live. We never received any notification from PAX directly

Considering the chaos and confusion that the Twitter announcements of BYOC tickets usually seem to cause, I'm kind of thinking that just getting the slow email notification (or seeing it on the forums or subreddit) is probably an overall improvement.

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Not having a Saturday badge I guess my GF and I are going to have to pass on BYOC this year :'(

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    screaminglemonscreaminglemon Registered User regular

Considering the chaos and confusion that the Twitter announcements of BYOC tickets usually seem to cause, I'm kind of thinking that just getting the slow email notification (or seeing it on the forums or subreddit) is probably an overall improvement.

Agreed. Now lets just hope they can streamline the check-in process. Last year was insane how long it took.

• Options

Agreed. Now lets just hope they can streamline the check-in process. Last year was insane how long it took.

Curious, when did you check in last year? My feeling, after joining the line outside the Annex around 7:30am, was that check-in proceeded reasonably fast, once the goose cluster outside was resolved and BYOC people were allowed inside. It could definitely go faster, but the speed is probably more contingent on people having their gear ready for tagging and logging than anything else, IMHO.

• Options
    screaminglemonscreaminglemon Registered User regular
    From what I was seeing, data entry was the bottleneck. That and the odd seat assignment process. I missed out in 2013 so don't know what that was like but I don't remember giving my home address or phone number in previous years. I can certainly understand the organizers wanting that info, but perhaps we can pre-register all that stuff before the event so during check-in they only have to confirm that stuff. Also, if they insist on assigning seats at the check-in (for groups not already with a group reservation), why can't they just roll that into the normal group reservation process beforehand. Not even sure what their reasoning was for doing that, just seemed to waste time, plus whatever it was supposed to accomplish, it obviously didn't because they still screwed up and told my small group to sit in the wrong place.

• Options
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.