As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Solicitations for January 2008

2»

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Iroh wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    That brightness on the GL cover is just Newsarama.

That said, Alpha Lantern chick looks familiar.

Any ideas as to who?

Boodikka, one of the Lost Lanterns.

Not Boddika. Boddika is alot more humanoid. This one dosen't have a nose.

Also, if you can withstand that goddamn nuclear green glow, you can see this chick has a right hand, while Boddika does not.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Re-read the solicitation for that issue.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Iroh wrote: »
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    That brightness on the GL cover is just Newsarama.

That said, Alpha Lantern chick looks familiar.

Any ideas as to who?

Boodikka, one of the Lost Lanterns.

Not Boddika. Boddika is alot more humanoid. This one dosen't have a nose.

Also, if you can withstand that goddamn nuclear green glow, you can see this chick has a right hand, while Boddika does not.

Yeah because characters like never change their appearance ever. Especially Lanterns.

august on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's Boddika. The glow partially obscures the face, hence the apparent lack of a nose. Also- her right hand is glowing rather brightly- as Boddika's does, as it's a ring construct.

Tach on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tach wrote: »
    It's Boddika. The glow partially obscures the face, hence the apparent lack of a nose. Also- her right hand is glowing rather brightly- as Boddika's does, as it's a ring construct.

Not to mention the trademark Valkyrie-looking headgear that no one else wears. Trust me, I did my homework on this one. It's her.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    so, um, Dixon on the Outsiders now huh

I am curious as all hell as to what happened to Bedard's take and why DC pulled it

Rans on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well that flippin' sucks. Bedard was assembling what could have been a great a book, after a very lackluster series by Winick. I know Bedard is doing like, whole month of Countdown himself. The only thing I can think of is that he'll be needed somewhere else, and what he wanted to do with some of the characters was conflicting with the grand scheme of things..(a la Catwoman)

I'll look on the bright side though.

We've got Dixon and Lopez on board now, which is fantastic. Not completely wowed by his new roster though. I'm glad they're are doing something with Cass, but I would have liked to see J'onn stay in. And Ollie? I would have prefered to keep him in Star City fightin' for the little guy than pulling double duty in this book and his own.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's Boodikka gentlemen. Not Boddikka. Also the only other familiar outline that could match up would be a Star Sapphire. Since that's -really- unlikely, I'm fairly certain it's Boodika.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    GABC_Cv4_solicit.jpg

I don't care if it is who it really is whited out..

Cliff Chiang is awesome.
    DC, why you gotta hurt me like this?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited October 2007
    God. I was just thinking as I was reading GA/BC #1 how glad I was that DC didn't just bump off Connor when they brought Ollie back. I'm so sick of these deaths for death's sake.

DMAC on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Anyone else notice how light Gail Simone's workload is? She dropped Birds of Prey, been replaced on Gen13, apparently had Welcome to Tranquility cancelled and now Keith Champagne is writing an All New Atom fill-in. Seems kind of strange for someone that just a few months ago was writing 4 books on time. I guess she's on some other project we don't know about yet?

I also noticed that the Blue Beetle issue was the same one that was solicited for December last month. Having a look at the DC website, they've thrown in a fill-in for November damn it.

Also, I may be by myself on this but I'm actually kind of glad they're killing one of the 'Arrows'. I mean, is there any real need for four archers in the DCU? I would've proposed they kill off Roy but since he's in JLA, I guess Conner is the next one on the chopping block. Just as long as they don't kill Ollie and Mia I'm happy.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Well, is there any reason for five(Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Batgirl and Batwoman) martial artists related to Batman in the DCU?

Really, it's just creating another _____ Family group which is good because I want something other than the Bat and or Super Families.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    We had another family, but they decided it was better if they redesigned it with none of the attributes that made it successful originally.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    We had another family, but they decided it was better if they redesigned it with none of the attributes that made it successful originally.

Look, Talky Tawny is going to talk Mary out of this little bitchfit she's been having and we'll all be good

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I mean, is there any real need for four archers in the DCU?
    Yes because they are all really awesome characters.

I mean is there any reason for four Green Lanterns from Earth? No. But we have 'em.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Actually, that's supposed to be explained during the SCW event...

Tach on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Look, Talky Tawny is going to talk Mary out of this little bitchfit she's been having and we'll all be good
    Seriously, one of the Marvels need to just smash her back to sensibility.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I mean is there any reason for four Green Lanterns from Earth? No. But we have 'em.

What?

Wrong.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Um...the next issue of GL tells us why there's so many Lanterns from Earth (and it sounds like the reason is something other then Earth being the center of the Multiverse).

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

Seriously, one of the Marvels need to just smash her back to sensibility.

"Mary, I know you can kill me with a flick of the finger. But if you don't stop this shit, I won't be your friend anymore and who wants to lose a talking tiger?"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Anyone else notice how light Gail Simone's workload is? She dropped Birds of Prey, been replaced on Gen13, apparently had Welcome to Tranquility cancelled and now Keith Champagne is writing an All New Atom fill-in. Seems kind of strange for someone that just a few months ago was writing 4 books on time. I guess she's on some other project we don't know about yet?

I also noticed that the Blue Beetle issue was the same one that was solicited for December last month. Having a look at the DC website, they've thrown in a fill-in for November damn it.

Also, I may be by myself on this but I'm actually kind of glad they're killing one of the 'Arrows'. I mean, is there any real need for four archers in the DCU? I would've proposed they kill off Roy but since he's in JLA, I guess Conner is the next one on the chopping block. Just as long as they don't kill Ollie and Mia I'm happy.

I'm god damned INCENSED that Tranquility seems to have been stealth canceled. I'd really like to know what else Gail Simone is doing besides churning out kick ass comics.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Um...the next issue of GL tells us why there's so many Lanterns from Earth (and it sounds like the reason is something other then Earth being the center of the Multiverse).
    Yeah but that's a reason after the fact. It isn't like this was planned out when the characters were created. The characters were created because, hey, green lanterns are cool, lets make more.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well, a new creative team on The Spirit. I'll give it some time, but I'm disappointed to see that Cooke is leaving.

Also, I'm less than pleased with Robin-Wonder Girl romance in the works. I rather hoped Tim would find a way to reconcile with Zo.

And, last but not least, HUZZAH! for the new Batgirl action figure based on Carmine Infantino's art! I'll be getting that one on the day its released.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]