As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] Awakening is a Critical Hit!

19495969798100»

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So is it two different games? Is the game you choose the decision you make?

Or is the campaign you get based on a decision in game?

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

Both. If you buy the physical copy, the game you choose is the campaign you get. If you buy digital, in (chapter 6 I believe they said) you make the choice that selects the campaign, and then you're locked into that version.

For both you can buy the other campaign as DLC at a reduced price, and also by a third campaign as DLC.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

Both. If you buy the physical copy, the game you choose is the campaign you get. If you buy digital, in (chapter 6 I believe they said) you make the choice that selects the campaign, and then you're locked into that version.

For both you can buy the other campaign as DLC at a reduced price, and also by a third campaign as DLC.

Ahhh. So for physical you'd be making the decision without any basis for making that choice?

That's a little odd. Hard to make a decision like that without actually talking to all the characters.

Guess it's digital for me!

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I think it would really bother me to only own one of the routes, so there's no real difference to me.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    the chances of them actually releasing the campaigns separately anywhere but japan are pretty low

If I had to guess I'd say both come in a physical or digital edition, and the planned third story will be dlc only

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    the chances of them actually releasing the campaigns separately anywhere but japan are pretty low

People keep saying this and I wonder why?

Like have they said anything about it themselves?

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

because the english direct presented it as a single game, in direct contrast to the japanese one?

there is no indication it is two games unless you are specifically looking at materials related to the japanese release

(and on a more armchair-businessperson note, for western audiences a split release is less common, and probably more confusing)

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Dragkonias wrote: »

because the english direct presented it as a single game, in direct contrast to the japanese one?

there is no indication it is two games unless you are specifically looking at materials related to the japanese release

(and on a more armchair-businessperson note, for western audiences a split release is less common, and probably more confusing)

Yeah I really don't think Fire Emblem is popular enough here to support a split release. They don't want to lose the good will that Awakening got them by alienating people. (plus there is still the third campaign when I'm sure will still be DLC over here)

Also, I mean, considering non-Japanese audiences are less familiar with the series, could you imagine someone accidentally picking up the Nohr edition? They added freaking pheonix mode for a reason :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Why even have Phoenix Mode? If they're handholding and giving an auto-win that overpowered, why not just not have any battles in the first place and just have a difficulty that's just cutscenes? Or have every enemy dies in one hit and does 0 damage to your units? It's the same difference, only saving you time because the mode will take out literally any challenge the game might possible have.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Why even have Phoenix Mode? If they're handholding and giving an auto-win that overpowered, why not just not have any battles in the first place and just have a difficulty that's just cutscenes? Or have every enemy dies in one hit and does 0 damage to your units? It's the same difference, only saving you time because the mode will take out literally any challenge the game might possible have.

It is possible that there might be other "loss" conditions, or that failing to reach a victory condition by a certain point might constitute a loss.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I imagine you can still somehow manage to get every single unit killed on the same turn and lose. Someone out there is going to pull it off, I have faith someone out there will still manage to lose despite all the handholding and curse the difficulty of the game.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Losing your main character is almost definitely going to still be a loss condition on Phoenix Mode, have no fear

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

Because some people enjoy playing the game regardless of challenge. They don't want to just watch the videos they still want to interact with it and move the characters around and feel like they are involved.

I'm not sure why anyone ever seems to care when someone has the option to play an easier version of a game. Everyone has fun in different ways.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Phoenix mode could also be good for experimenting or screwing around with things.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    So, looking at things... Yeah, I'm probably going Nohr.

Pegasus Knight sister seems cool, and Camilla's design makes my eyes roll out of my skull, yes. But Takumi seems like an ass.

Meanwhile, Leon seems like he's going to be the fun kind of smug asshole, and I tend to like those guys best.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah, Takumi sounds like the kind of character who will constantly hate on the protagonist for being awesome.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    When I played my first Fire Emblem game (FE7), I didn't do the reset dance. I figured you'd be able to make it accepting whatever losses you suffered. And, granted, I did. But I won by Pent counter-attacking the final boss for 3 damage between phases of running out of the thing's range to get healed up, prolonging the battle to something like multiple hundreds of turns. None of my lords were in any way prepared for the last few chapters.

Trust me, this stuff is a lot easier to screw up than you'd think.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Pegasus Knight sister seems cool, and Camilla's design makes my eyes roll out of my skull, yes. But Takumi seems like an ass.

Meanwhile, Leon seems like he's going to be the fun kind of smug asshole, and I tend to like those guys best.

Yeah, I was already going to go Nohr, but finding out that the pegasus knight redhead is your sister (and thus probably not marriage material, unless they do some twist where it turns out you're actually not related to either by blood) cemented it. The possibility of making superbabies with her was the one thing that made me think I might prefer Hoshido.

I know it's been said before, but man I hope they keep some aspect of the marriage system from Awakening, the plethora of detailed supports it offered really gave so much more characterization than the other FE games I've played.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I see no reason that they won't keep marriage in. Since it was just the support system with some extra scenes and dialogue. Beck there was always marriage it just never happened until the ending.

Unless you mean the child part which I doubt makes a comeback.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Yeah, I was already going to go Nohr, but finding out that the pegasus knight redhead is your sister (and thus probably not marriage material, unless they do some twist where it turns out you're actually not related to either by blood) cemented it. The possibility of making superbabies with her was the one thing that made me think I might prefer Hoshido.

I know it's been said before, but man I hope they keep some aspect of the marriage system from Awakening, the plethora of detailed supports it offered really gave so much more characterization than the other FE games I've played.

Yeah. Readhead Pegasus Night was the only reason I was considering Hoshido.

Now that she's family and FE games aren't known for Incest, Nohr all the way.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    FE games aren't known for Incest

Uuuuuuhhhhhmmmmm...

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I'm wrong?

I don't know wither I should :sad: or :D

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Well to be fair, I don't think there's been anything overt, at least in the games we've gotten here.

Subtext up the ying yang though. And it seems the translators are not afraid to flex it now and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DIDLrF74_U

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I'm wrong?

I don't know wither I should :sad: or :D

Uh, definitely the former.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I have no aversion to helpful vidyagaem-characters saying mean things to me. *shrug*

And the only thing that has made Hinoka less cool is that the lower half of her outfit is lamer than the upper half.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    @heatwave I think... I think you added an extra " [ quote ] " tag in there somewhere.
    LOL Thanks for the heads up

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm kind of disappointed the redhead is a pegasus knight. I was half hoping for Soldier... because Nephenee was the best unit ever.

Second Seals, please.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Looks like @Xenogears of Bore hasn't posted since 2014 and we need a new thread, so I made one.

POST IN THE NEW THREAD HERE PLEASE!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page