As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOVIES] Discussing Fake Sci-Fi Minutiae

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
Must... resist urge to... explain... fake sci-fi minutiae...

Why...why should we resist?

Let's talk about time travel movies like Looper. How does it work? How can you go to the future and kill yourself? HOW DOES IT WORK?

How about Prometheus where a character dies because they forget they can move laterally? That's dumb, right?

Maybe Bill an Ted where they actual talk to themselves? CAN THE SAME PEOPLE EXIST AT THE SAME TIME?

CAN A SHIP REALLY TRAVERSE SPACE?

IS BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AN ALIEN?
MV5BMTQzMDEwNjUzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTg2MzU0MzE@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Why would aliens who are allergic to water come to a planet that mostly water?

Can Superman really make the planet spin in reverse and would that actual turn back time or would that just kill everyone?

Can you really infect an alien starship with a virus from an Apple computer?

There is an answer to all of these questions to be found within this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clU0Sh9ngmY

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I went to see Avengers again because the next showing of mad max was 3 hours later.

I know people had problems with that movie, but I still like it a whole bunch.

I still would rather have seen Mad Max.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm in a pickle here

I can bring the kids to grandma's for a while today

Which means I am free to see a movie.

I really want to see Fury Road but my friend already saw it and wants to see Avengers.

I want to see Avengers but I want to see Fury Road more

Do I go see Avengers with a friend or Fury Road by myself?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Fury Road by yourself.

Edit: like, Avengers is really good but is a bit top heavy

Fury Road is like a perfect Goddamned movie.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Maybe if they would've highlighted the word movie I might have found it!

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I'm rooting for this one because its not about a movie I don't care about

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Mad max only had a 44% drop this friday vs the opening friday.

That's ridiculously good legs. Glad that finally a good movie gets positive word of mouth and is holding steady.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I saw fury road.

I was not in a good mood.

I did not enjoy myself.

It's not the movie's fault though.

• Options
    I'm going to see Avengers instead of Fury Road... I got roped in by friendship.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm going to see Avengers instead of Fury Road... I got roped in by friendship.

It's better that you see Avengers before Fury Road, otherwise you're going to be bored.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm not sober and sitting in the theater for Avengers right now.

This discussion has been closed.