As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] More like the Punic Wars than you might think.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    NOT STEAM RELATED, but Contraption Maker devs are giving away keys of the non Steam version (Windows and OSX) this weekend: http://contraptionmaker.com/contraption-maker-free-weekend
    This is great!

...but it seems they dropped support for Windows XP, which means it doesn't start on my toaster, which means I can't register the game. Sigh. :sad:

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Holy shnikies! @akajaybay with the epic prize drop for Wishlist Upon a Star winning Steam Battle 2015 aka
    cn127etb44nn.gif
    though I still prefer
    w01lx1pcgf15.gif

This is the most amazing icing on the most amazing cake. (yes my metaphor needs work)

Steam Battle has probably been one of my favorite things of 2015. I will miss reading the weekly misadventures of all the ships as we wonder the universe in search of Steam.

I mentioned that it had lasted longer that Firefly, I think I may miss it just as much.
    point of reference, my daughters middle name is Jayne

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I'm sure people are like me and already have these through one platform or another and have beaten them, but here ya go anyway.

signature.png

signature.png

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    @akajaybay carpetbombs with class.

qkI4jhH.png

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Colt Coltrane is a good platform to build a game like that from, because you have a bigass robot sidekick that will always beat you in poker

As I am friends with the writer of that series, I find it wonderful that you know about it. :biggrin:

I was floored by @akajaybay's gift of a Steam Wallet Code. So floored, in fact, that I forgot to take a screen cap, so this will have to do:
    Polaritie wrote: »
    qkI4jhH.png

Steam battle, as silent as I was, was something I enjoyed watching, even if I didn't squeak up half as much as anyone there. And as a gift that keeps on giving, this means I can even take part in the upcoming Steam Sumer Sale, a gift in and of itself. I do hope this happens again, as it was a lot of fun watching Sci-Fi adventures iiiiiiiin spaaaaaaaace. Maybe next time it could be something like Game of Thrones-style houses, with betrayal and murder abounding? Just a suggestion. :biggrin:

Thanks again, aka, you beautiful person you. :heartbeat:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I tabbed out of Marvel Heroes, a bit weary after grinding Punisher to 60 in a few hours. I literally hit 60, tabbed out while zoning back to base, and a window popped up. What window?

SBHl3au.png

I've heard very good things about this game, and once I can drag myself away from MH i'll be sure to give it a try. Thank you so much Captain @Pixelated Pixie <3 You'll always be a winner* to me!

*Loser

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Maybe next time it could be something like Game of Thrones-style houses, with betrayal and murder abounding? Just a suggestion. :biggrin:

That sounds amazing.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I woke up to find that @Corsini had sent me a key for Gunpoint! Thanks!

Those of you who ordered The Witcher 3 from GMG and didn't get your keys on time - did that ever get sorted out? No-one posted any follow-up to that, at least that I saw.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    I was also hit with an @akajaybay $50 Steam Code this morning as well! Totally wasn't expecting that.

Steam Battle was awesome to be a part of, I came into the group too late to join it last year. It was super fun!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So guys, I hear June 1 is @akajaybay's birthday. Or unbirthday.

I don't think he should have a wishlist on June 2, is what I'm saying.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited May 2015
    Oh Steam, you cocktease.

xeajpiixyoen.jpg

EDIT: That curator is Choice and Consequence; doesn't rate games specifically on a subjective "how good they are" scale but on a more objective "having choices that matter in the context of the game" scale.

Jazz on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Behold Goat, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, First of His Name.

25A2C47DD5E0BBCDD2E570C33145370818070633
    (it runs awful on my laptop, heh. Yet it runs The Secret World. Go figure.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    I woke up to a message from @Akajaybay!

It's a steam code, I wonder what it does?

73ypc7g2zzjl.png

I literally blurted out "Sweet jumpin' baby Jesus!"

Just so much class! I cannot thank you enough for this, it's simply incredible.
    Thank you for the game, and the prizes. I was entertained thoroughly, and humbled by your generosity.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Oh Steam, you cocktease.

xeajpiixyoen.jpg

EDIT: That curator is Choice and Consequence; doesn't rate games specifically on a subjective "how good they are" scale but on a more objective "having choices that matter in the context of the game" scale.

I approve your choice of colors in image editing.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Our game was certainly full of some classy captains! Thank you @Firebird for Jet Set Radio and @Pixelated Pixie for Toren! It's alsmost like I didn't lead the BAFT to explosive doom!

z5w9urrm3mbj.png

Hahaha and then @shdwcaster hit me with a key for Bloop to go with the Beep I got earlier. Thanks!

camo_sig2.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Oh Steam, you cocktease.

xeajpiixyoen.jpg

I approve your choice of colors in image editing.

You would.

steam_sig.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Dragon Age 2 is an enjoyable game.

E: I didn't realize it had been removed from Steam. Boy, that happened a while ago.

Aistan on
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Guys.

It's @konphujun 's birthday.

You know what to do.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Anyone here play Deadly 30 at all? Really enjoying it, why does it not have co-op -________-

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Goat Trampoline is the best.

wVEsyIc.png
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Become a fan of TinyBuild on Facebook/Twitter and get a random Steam Key for one of their games:
    Speedrunners
    Fearless Fantasy
    Not The Robots
    Spoiler Alert

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Ooh...

Vm8GF4T.jpg

Thanks, Captain @Pixelated Pixie! The clothes and gowns are alright I guess. Does it let me choose hairstyles?

(Thanks so much! I took notice of this when someone said it was better than Faerie Solitaire, which I quite enjoyed and played a lot of. I'm looking forward to taking this for a spin!)

<3

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Free Contraption Maker http://contraptionmaker.com/contraption-maker-free-weekend/

Says free weekend, but they send you a key that's good forever. Sadly, it's not the steam version though.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    @Shade strikes with Squishy The Suicidal Pig, thanks Shade!

Also beat Sword of Asumi it was a big fat meh, meehhh.

I blew this guy off on a date cause I"m barely reading this, he comes over to my room, "that date was really fun" "yeah I had fun too". Other choices don't matter that much.

Also deviant art...art with the characters facing the camera even tho they're talking to each other. Asumi almost always has her mouth open. And for a master assassin she gets snuck up on a lot.

It's also very short.

This is the first screen, spot the grammatical errors!
    ?.jpg

The backgrounds are static with things like "it's getting very dark out" while Asumi's in her bright very obviously noon at the latest room. Or the pool being so packed (it isn't).

And seriously her mouth is almost always open and it bugs me more than it should.
    ?.jpg

The artist can do good art too but were lazy and didn't. Also how do you like your salads? I like mine with words.
    ?.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Invisible Inc is pretty darn fun.

I like the progression system. Made it through the first 24 hours so far (on beginner :P ).

Also, new day, new reminder.

signature.png

signature.png

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I turned my whole crew into skeletons (sorry about that, but at least my #1 Captain mug survived!)
    Now you can be a skeleton, too!

signature.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I was playing Remember Me when I got tabbed out.

COaFGvb.jpg

Thanks to @akajaybay for South Park! I've really been looking forward to this one! Also, thanks for another awesome Steam Battle!

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So turns out the Rougelike did get 2nd Place despite our best efforts. So @akajaybay hit me with a Wolfenstein: The New Order key! @Shade also struck with Squishy the Suicidal Pig because he is sad his package has not reached me yet.

Thank you both!
    I am just not going to have anything left on my wishlist come the Summer Sale if this keeps up.

Life is weird.

And the ISS Rougelike flip-flopped into second place thanks to a math audit... like something out of a space comedy.

As 2nd place prizes had already been awarded, @akajaybay went way above and beyond and distributed another round of 2nd place prizes. INSANE RIGHT? :surprised:

7cdaol44758c.jpg

I'm blown away.

Thank you.

heart2.png

@CorriganX
    Looks like I was wrong. You are alone as a loser after all. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Well, SteamGifts has been down for most of the day so i'm not going to bother relying on it for this, i'll just handle it all manually.

I picked out a few games that I really enjoyed from the Humble Store sale so other people can give them a try. Just send me a PM here saying which ones you'd like to sign up for and i'll make a list and in a couple of days (but before the sale ends so the people who don't win can still get them themselves if they want) i'll do some RNG work and send them out to the winners. I'll reroll any duplicate wins, but feel free to sign up for any or all of them.

Risk of Rain
    Mercenary Kings
    Gunpoint
    The Swapper

Guess i'll repost this for today, even though the thread is almost over. I'll probably choose sometime tomorrow afternoon. The odds of winning are pretty good still.

5ekordl4hcqk.jpg

Meanwhile @jclast responds to my hate-the-world post from last night with some Bloodsports! It's still apropos: I always hate the world - last night was just more than usual for IRL reasons! Wooo blood sports!

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So I'm out flying a kite and I get an email on my phone that says we got 2nd place? And I was gifted Alien: Isolation? Thanks @akajaybay ! Your generosity is boundless.

JAO54u7.png

f3rret on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2015
    f3rret wrote: »
    So I'm out flying a kite and I get an email on my phone that says we got 2nd place? And I was gifted Alien: Isolation? Thanks @akajaybay ! Your generosity is boundless.

http://i.imgur.com/JAO54u7.png

A kite!

That's what I should have given you to play with in the airlock!

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »

http://i.imgur.com/JAO54u7.png

A kite!

That's what I should have given you to play with in the airlock!

A kite wouldn't work in space, or on a space ship. That would have been a horrible gift.

The only time it would do anything, is during the rapid decompression of the oh I get it now.

steam_sig.png
  • CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    @Firebird appreciates orangutan knifework, and expressed his respect in the form of a gift.
    bJsoh8G.png

Thanks Firebird! Some people would say that my stabbing cost us the game, but those people don't understand stabbing is great.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    So, as others have been noting, @Akajaybay crunched the numbers and concluded the Rougelike (props to @iolo for giving the ship an amazing name) actually got second place. As a second place prize I was sent a humble bundle link for Hand of Fate. I tossed this on my wishlist back when it was on early access and kinda forgot about it since. Thank you so much for this, I'm always up for a good roguelike and this looks like a really good one. Again, thank you Akajaybay for running the steam battle, I always looked forward to reading the updates for last year's steam battle and this year was no exception.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Just made my first badge!
    WTNpNPUl.png
    It gave me an emoticon of the boxy helmets one of the enemy factions wears, a background showing a room from the asteroid mining base tileset, and a discount on some game called There Came an Echo.

cB557 on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Ok I hope I got this right.

I won Rollers of the Realm on Steam gifts which was posted by porcelaincow whose steam profile says is @Satanic Jesus yeah? Thanks a bunch as this is my first ever steamgifts win! It looks like a lot of fun.

And then right after @akajaybay hit me with the Blackguards bundle for Steam Battle! Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.