As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Umineko no Naku Koro Ni: When The Seagulls Cry [Village Victory!]

12345679»

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The Final Movement

(I highly recommend playing this one for optimal effect.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg9XPcPKYAQ

The main hall of the once peaceful hall was a bloodbath.

On the fourth twilight, gouge the head and kill.

We underestimated Kinzo's power.

They appeared from nowhere, demon soldiers armed with weaponry and abilities beyond mortal reckoning.

On the fifth twilight, gouge the chest and kill.

The last child of the Ushiromiyas was the first to fall.

On the sixth twilight, gouge the stomach and kill.

Then Hideyoshi, my beloved... I suppose it was to be executed. He was a lover, not a fighter.

On the seventh twilight, gouge the knee and kill.

Jessica's father fought valiantly to avenge his lost daughter. But in the end,even his fists could not stand up to the demons' combined might.

1283700728.png

It was a sight I'd rather not recall.

On the eighth twilight, gouge the leg and kill.

They didn't even spare the chef, who did nothing but scream and plead for mercy; all on deaf ears.

On the ninth twilight, the witch shall revive, and none shall be left alive.

Yet in the end, the mad summoner, Goldsmith finally met his end.

nDLa0C0.jpg

At my hand.

It was such a beautiful sight, the old man's brains splattering against the wall. To think all it took was a single shot.

Worthless fool. I laughed and laughed, standing alone amidst the carnage and ruined bodies of so many innocents.
    Only the doctor survived, but that fool was of no consequence. He fled, but he won't get far on this island.

It belongs to me now.

My family was dead. But I had avenged them all.

On the tenth twilight, the journey shall end, and you shall reach the capital where the gold dwells.

The fortune of the Ushiromiyas is now mine.

As is the Witch's Legacy.

latest?cb=20111028175217

All hail the new ruler of Rokkenjima. EVA-Beatrice.

Eheheheh...

AHAHAHAHA!

The Slain

Preda, The Observant(Battler Ushiromiya), slain by The Mafia
    TheRoadVirus, The Proprietor(Hideyoshi Ushiromiya), slain by The Mafia
    Phyphor, The Inheritor(Krauss Ushiromiya), died to the vote
    Rawkking Goodguy, The Chef(Toshiro Gohda), died to the vote
    jdarksun, The Patriarch(Kinzo Ushiromiya), died to the vote

The Survivors
    ZombieHero, The Devoted(Eva Ushiromiya)
    Auralynx, The Physician(Terumasa Nanjo)

The Village is victorious!

8Z54JxX.jpg?1

Or is it?...

Stay tuned for the Tea Party, won't you? We would be delighted if you would attend.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Hi5 village, hi5 TRV.

Great way to end this.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    good to know most who had it out for me were mafia

e: it's nicer than when it's the villagers against you and the mafia defending you :(

Egos on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Nah it's all cool. I forgot to vote on the day I was voted out!

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Nice.

I had a lot of fun this game.

Bedlam is a champ.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Alright!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    I took the vote off of JfP because he told me he was the guard. That was a good play, mafia!

I figured the mafia wouldn't be ballsy enough to claim guard to a (supposed) Seer, since obviously that would be the next Seer target.

Bedlam also told me he was the vig. Could have bitten him in the ass so badly if I was lying in a different way.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I feel bad for Gizzy, the one night her guarding was on point, it failed due to the Lovers' drawback. It seemed to work out, though. There was some amazing guess work this game.

(Incidentally, Gizzy guarded jdarksun on Day 1, heh.)

Also, from a narrative perspective, EVA-Beatrice surviving is priceless.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I was so tempted to tell you I was the guard but didn't. Too bad I didn't leave the guard on egos - would have bought you guys another day even though I was dead either way.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    yeah @Gizzy told me she initially had her guard on me and then switched to Sir Fab. :(

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    This was one of those games where we could just not shake the village. You guys did a great job.

• Options
    Egos and I were pretty sure that he was going to eat a mafia kill that night, but I thought maybe I could bait the kill onto me.

I revealed fairly late in the day. If I was mafia I probably would have been tempted to take a shot at me.

• Options
    Epilogue: Tea Party
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4nHWXDdYRA

-What a delightful game, Lambdadelta. The pieces were most amusing.

-I almost got bored once or twice, Bernkastel. I expect better next time.

-I would never strive to disappoint The Witch of Certainty, now would I?

-An impressive feat worthy of The Witch of Miracles, to be sure.

-Well, then. Shall we turn the chessboard over?

-Oh, that would be wonderful! Let us start anew.

-We'll need more pieces, of course.

-Yes, of course. Lots more.

350?cb=20130925011239
    -I will gather all we need and then some. It will be a most delightful game.

latest?cb=20131010123131
    -You will all entertain us, yes? I don't LIKE to be disappointed.

XXHEhwT.png
    -We will meet again.

To be continued in the Main Phalla...

When The Seagulls Cry: BREAKDOWN.

We look forward to your attendance.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Was there a mafia proboard?

Why did both the vig and the mafia kill me on Day 1?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I can't believe how I was singled out for my day 1 vote. I was playing Destiny and then I remembered I needed to vote and it's day 1 so throwaway! Would of done it if I was villiage anyways!

I claimed guard cause I was dead. Very dead from the vote. If I can buy us a single day, then so be it.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I claimed guard cause I was dead. Very dead from the vote. If I can buy us a single day, then so be it.

yeah it was a good move and the only role that makes sense to be outing. pretty much...

(under those circumstances and in private ;-) )

Egos on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hi5 village, hi5 TRV.

Great way to end this.

Why do I get a high five?
    Also hooray!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hey CJ thanks for running this! I felt like I sort of had insight into some folks this time. Was a nice change of pace haha

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    So, was I killed based on my joke post in the mafia forum?

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Worse seer ever...
    First I miss choosing someone to seer day 1 (I blame that on 5 AM vote close after 3 phallas with 6AM vote close, I didn't but the allarm clock back...)
    Day 2 I seer a mafia, and day 3 I fall asleep before making the call, only doing it in witching hour to be safe in a so short game. Obviously day 3 I seer a just dead person (Jpants).

At least I've seen right with jdark...
    Well done village!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Hey, I'm not dead! Yay!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Hey CJ thanks for running this! I felt like I sort of had insight into some folks this time. Was a nice change of pace haha

In all seriousness, thinning the pool down gets people more motivated to vote in directed ways and makes it harder to hide in crowd noise. I've been playing some Coup, Mascarade, and ONUW on occasion at the game store Saturdays and the feel's way different at smaller counts.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Hi5 village, hi5 TRV.

Great way to end this.

Why do I get a high five?
    Also hooray!

You and me were the two people who voted jdark and got him killed in the glorious tied vote.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Bedlam also told me he was the vig. Could have bitten him in the ass so badly if I was lying in a different way.
    That only really occurred to me after it was too late.

Since you said you were a seer I figured I could have somebody to talk to since you would have a seer result from day 1 even if you died. If you didn't die then we would have a second seer target and possibly a guard to form a nice softnetwork. Then it turned out you weren't actually a seer at all and I was alone again. So yeah.

I guess I figure that the meta would take care of people who lied too much. If you claim something outrageous and lie about and screw people over your chances to get day 1 grudged go up significantly (and repeatedly till people forget about it, which can be awhile in some cases). Kime for instance has claimed to be a seer to get out of a day 1 vote and admitted to lying about it, you'll notice that nobody bothered trying to save him this game when he claimed village.