As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] More like the Punic Wars than you might think.

1939495969799»

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I kept seeing all the Rougelike crew coming in here with their gift announcements and all I could think was:
    jla2nt1awjqk.jpg

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to the captain of the most exciting space cruise I've ever been on, @Firebird, for Brutal Legend! <3 I tend to enjoy DoubleFine games, so this one should be fun! (So sorry, the screenshot didn't save for some reason, but I appreciated the effort of writing a poem!)

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Blaaaaah. Shitty day at work. I hate holidays. Just forever. Holidays have been ruined forever by retail. at least this thread keeps me from going all supervillain.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I'm in the mood for a good classic style turn based RPG. I was looking at the FFX remaster for PS4 but read some disturbing RNG and music bugs (and $50 for a remaster, yeesh. no thanks). Besides FFVII and FFVIII, does anyone have any recommendations on Steam? @akajaybay gifted me FFXIII-2 awhiles back from the Steam Space War going on in the table top thread, but I don't have nor played FFXIII. Is it worth to skip FFXIII?

Phantasy Star IV is a great old-school Genesis JRPG. Just let it sit at the title screen and bask in the music.

The Last Remnant is a bit complicated and underrated. You have like 25 party members, and you assemble them into squads in various ways. In combat you don't control each person directly, you give the squad general orders in a turn based me up, and they do their own thing. It's an interesting spin on classic Final Fantasy combat. It goes for $2.50 on Steam every now and again.

Also, the 3rd and 4th Penny Arcade games have my favorite JRPG-style combat.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    So it turns out that @akajaybay is like some sort of class-generating dynamo.

IwcTUqf.png

I was a massive fan of Power Rangers back in the days of my early schooling, and then they were banned here. Now I can finally live out the dream!

Thanks, and thanks for the Steam Battle of 2015 (Death once is not enough)

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

qkI4jhH.png

I forgot to take a screengrab too, so I'll take a leaf out of Kalnaur's book and quote our victorious cap'n.

Thanks again for the wallet code akajaybay! That's some insane amounts of class!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Corsini wrote: »
    @Firebird appreciates orangutan knifework, and expressed his respect in the form of a gift.
    bJsoh8G.png

Thanks Firebird! Some people would say that my stabbing cost us the game, but those people don't understand stabbing is great.

saves me the screenshot, @firebird also gave me this to practice being a pellet eating ghost.

also @akajaybay threw the stanley parable at me, which i heard was weird,
    ]
    thanks to all

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I feel like there's something off about my leveling in Witcher 2; I'm only just starting act 2 and I'm apparently already level 17. Is that in any way normal?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I feel like there's something off about my leveling in Witcher 2; I'm only just starting act 2 and I'm apparently already level 17. Is that in any way normal?

If you're playing the game without mods, that's normal if you're doing a lot of side quests. You should unlock the finisher for a tree early to mid chapter 2. By the end of the game, I had the finishers from two trees plus gotten the second level of many of the talents in my first tree.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    and then they were banned here.
    WHAT!?!?

I'm hoping you formed a team of rainbow colored youths to take down this menace as they were clearly alien scum threatened by the ideals of earthling heroism.

• Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Thought I was in trouble for a second there. Post nap haze had me thinking the captain had caught me sleeping on duty but then I remembered our journey had ended.

firebirdbrutallegend_zpsszd81aub.jpg

Best theme cruise ever. Thanks Captain @Firebird!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

If you're playing the game without mods, that's normal if you're doing a lot of side quests. You should unlock the finisher for a tree early to mid chapter 2. By the end of the game, I had the finishers from two trees plus gotten the second level of many of the talents in my first tree.

I am playing with a mod, but nothing about more XP, just increases in Talent points (because I like being godly). But yes, I did every side quest I could in the first prologue and first part, and will do so again in the second part. It's why I play games such as these, to do "all the things" as it were.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    @akajaybay gifted me Chroma Squad, so I may have to run Rougelike Studios.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    so after nearly a week in the hospital (IBD really, really sucks) I come home to find my ship, the Rougelike, has come in second place! Not shabby at all, I had an awesome time participating and found my death by space piranha very entertaining ;D Not only that, but @akajaybay gifted me Hexcells Complete, The Last Door and Road Not Taken! I'm so proud to have been a part of the Rougelike crew, Pixie did an awesome job as cap. I had a really fun time watching the game progress, I never participated in anything like that before so it was a really cool experience, so much <3<3<3<3!

PFP0TXh.jpg

Zavian on
This discussion has been closed.