As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Witness the [Movie] Thread! It lives! It dies! It lives again!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    natek wrote: »
    Mad Max was fantastic.

Could have used more doof warrior.

I'm pretty sure that every movie could use more Doof Warrior.
    Really, MM:FR changed the way I watch movies. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch a movie again without thinking (at least a little) how much better it would be with some Doof Warrior.
    Sherlock Holmes? Finding Nemo? Sophie's Choice? They'd all be better with a little Doof.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    natek wrote: »
    Mad Max was fantastic.

Could have used more doof warrior.

I'm pretty sure that every movie could use more Doof Warrior.
    Really, MM:FR changed the way I watch movies. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch a movie again without thinking (at least a little) how much better it would be with some Doof Warrior.
    Sherlock Holmes? Finding Nemo? Sophie's Choice? They'd all be better with a little Doof.

Would've really kicked A Few Good Men up a notch

Jack Nicholson all shouting about how Tom Cruise can't handle the Doof

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck. It's after midnight now and I'm gonna start welding shit to my car as soon as I get home. I figure I might as well since there's now way that I'm gonna be able to sleep for a while.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Mad Max was incredible! One of the best movies I have seen.

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I finally had time to watch Fury Road

I don't feel as blown away by it as I had thought I would by the hype of the last thread, but it was indeed a Very Good Movie

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have such a hard time finding this thread!

Anyway, saw Age of Ultron yesterday and it was really good. More emotional than I expected but not as good as the original but I think is in large part to the fact that the spectacle has worn a little thin now so it's so amazing as it was.

More importantly...today I am seeing Fury Road at noon!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The age of ultron really answered a few questions and opened up more
    but it really felt like it connected Winter Soldier-guardians of the galaxy {I did not see Dark world } but it had more questions for 2017
    I will see Fury Road this Tuesday

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have such a hard time finding this thread!

Anyway, saw Age of Ultron yesterday and it was really good. More emotional than I expected but not as good as the original but I think is in large part to the fact that the spectacle has worn a little thin now so it's so amazing as it was.

More importantly...today I am seeing Fury Road at noon!
    I felt the same about ultron pretty much.

Then fury road kicked so much ass.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Age of Ultron might have been the better movie. However, I rank it lower and a lot of that is because how new and incredible the idea of the first Avengers was.

• Options
    I do appreciate that much of the climax
    Was spent rescuing people from the city. You know, as heroes are wont to do.

Also I just felt like it wasn't as well cut as the first movie. The first one had it's overlong bits but this one makes it seem like they might start getting out of hand after this.

Other than that is was still really good just not as good as the first.

I'm glad it wasn't an Iron Man 2 situation where the first one was incredible and the next instantly becomes garbage. And then the third one...

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    By the way, I'm 100% going to see this movie later today.

I can't wait!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    It's still kinda apocalypse-y, there's clearly been a breakdown in society.
    Mid-apocalypse, really.

To me it pretty much just looks like family holidays when I was younger (filmed in the state I grew up in).
    Still good. 2 is better though.

E: I really enjoyed the franchise ages ago (although I only really like the first half and ending of 3) which would normally set me up for disappointment but it was just so well done, and so true to the whole lot. Also at least 1 cute gap which is nice.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Also I just felt like it wasn't as well cut as the first movie. The first one had it's overlong bits but this one makes it seem like they might start getting out of hand after this.

I'm glad it wasn't an Iron Man 2 situation where the first one was incredible and the next instantly becomes garbage. And then the third one...

... is absolutely astounding?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Iron Man 2 was far from absolute garbage.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm about to see Tomorrowland

And boy are my expectations LOW

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

My expectations are that it's going to pretty.

I don't know anything about the story or plot.

• Options
    By the way, I never go to the movies but myself. It's literally never happened.

You bastards have made me want to see Fury Road so bad though that this will be the first time.

• Options
    Now I'm torn... I get here and see that Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 is playing at the same time.

Decisions, decisions...

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Now I'm torn... I get here and see that Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 is playing at the same time.

Decisions, decisions...
    Well, you're there alone. No one would judge you.
    Cause I'm pretty sure that Blart would be an empty theater.

• Options
    Fury Road or Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2...ive never faced such a difficult decision.

• Options
    It's like Sophie's Choice!

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Hmm. I'm at the mall to see mad max in 20 minutes, but apparently the stores in this mall don't open until 11. Do I wander around aimlessly until showtime, or do I awkwardly stare down the cinnabon cashier until he caves and opens up early?

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Another Sophie's Choice!

• Options
    I don't think that's playing in this theater, but I'll check.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Nope.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    I'm going to open a theater with 4 screens playing nothing but Sophie's Choice.

I think it might be ironic. Because you don't have a choice.

• Options
    Well, you could choose not to come to the theater but why would you do that?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

What crock of shit.

Nux is obviously Dry Bones.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

My expectations are that it's going to pretty.

I don't know anything about the story or plot.
    It's a pretty preachy family adventure movie about a super smart kid basically going to basically a less scary Rapture. Good special effects and action. Drags a bit a couple times but overall an ok and enjoyable movie. If your kids are old enough to see people that are actually robots getting torn apart then you should see it with em. Has a decent message about optimism and scientific research.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well see Rajin, one of these is an amazing thrill ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat and redefine the way you look at all movies after watching it.

The other is Mad Max: Fury Road.

• Options
    AHHHHHHHH CRIMSON PEAK TRAILER!!!

• Options
    The amount of people laughing at this Vacation trailer makes me sick to my stomach.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    DAMMIT I didn't get a crimson peak trailer ><

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    DAMMIT I didn't get a crimson peak trailer ><

It was long too!

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I thought nothing was going to top Ultron for this year Summer Blockbuster.

Then I saw Mad Max: Fury Road.

Twice

Thrice

and now Fourice

Because I am in love with this movie. This movie perfectly captures exactly what's going through my mind.

I have a three day pass to comic con. I rather go watch this movie.

• Options

There was a kid who followed Tony Stark around and had WITTY BANTER with him.

It was the worst.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

There was a kid who followed Tony Stark around and had WITTY BANTER with him.

It was the worst.

I thought IM3 was a rare instance where a WITTY BANTER kid was actually pretty good in a movie

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    That kid was fine

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Iron Man 3 is my favorite of all of the Marvel movies by a huge margin

Which, given my distaste for the character of Iron Man, is even more impressive

This discussion has been closed.