As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Destruco Physics Games?

ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
Hi there! I find myself with an unsatiated thirst for games with explodey physics. Games like Red Faction Guerrilla or Boom Blox or Mercs 2 or Blockstorm.

Ideally I'd love to combine my passion for competitive multiplayer with such a game. Blockstorm seems fun but the voxels don't really explode and the amount of havoc seems...underwhelming compared to what I expected. I saw a couple of build-your-own ship games like Star Made which I may try out.

Ideally I want a game like Blockstorm (which is Minecraft meets Counterstrike) but a bit more bombastic or destruco-y. Age doesn't matter, and I'd rather rip apart a 2D 1994 VGA house than leave a 2011 Bloomed one standing. I've loved games like Liero and Worms, so anything like those games count too.

The only limitaiton is I'm on a 2011 macbook pro and have a PS3 controller with a bum R1. And no mouse.

And I'm left handed.

And gotta poop.

Look forward to returning five pounds lighter and seeing what the PA braintrust suggests.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    First thing I thought of was Beseige, but it's not competitive at the moment and still in very early "early access". It is cheap at $7 and they plan to raise it as more content is added, so if it looks like you're cup of tea I'd get it sooner rather than later.

The I thought of From The Depths, another early access game but in a state that's further along than Beseige. It also seems exactly what you may be looking for, I just don't know about the graphics and if your computer will hold up.

Not multiplayer, but it can't ever be recommended enough. Get Silent Storm Gold. It goes on sale for $5 kinda regularly in Steam's weekly sale so put it on the wishlist and wait, but absolutely get it if it looks interesting at all.

Veevee on