As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Cardophilia

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Cardophilia

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• SpinelesSSpinelesS Registered User regular
    It's like you have been watching me play...

• MoganMogan Registered User regular
    Yeah, pretty much. : \

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Gwent is the best joke game.

Like it could be a good game mechanically if CDPR actually wanted to make it.

But instead it's basically a running joke on CCG's being pay to win.

And I still play it constantly in game.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Seriously -- a physical release or an iOS version with multiplayer would do well, I think.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Seriously -- a physical release or an iOS version with multiplayer would do well, I think.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/112/condottiere

Is where a decent amount of the mechanics come from. So if you want a physical game of it then Condottiere will probably do you pretty well.

There's also Dogs of War if you like the the theme of tug of war applied to battles and want the fanciest hats in board gaming.

• GibborimGibborim Registered User regular
    RE: IGN Guy

Nothing like bad Magic players telling you all about how other games are so skill intensive.

• TarbrainTarbrain Registered User new member
    Gwent is the name of my county in Wales, perhaps developers are scraping the bottom of the "made up names" barrel, so they have turned to the equally incomprehensible Welsh language.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Tarbrain wrote: »
    Gwent is the name of my county in Wales, perhaps developers are scraping the bottom of the "made up names" barrel, so they have turned to the equally incomprehensible Welsh language.

I'm working on the Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch expansion pack

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    From some light reading, it looks like Gwent needs some tweaks to make it a multiplayer game. Like a decks having a points cap to prevent having just the best cards. But it sounds like there is potential to spin it into a fun competitive game.

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    Gwent is so much better than some of the other awful minigames built into RPGs (Caravan, I'm looking at you).

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    But is it as fun as Arcomage?

steam_sig.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    If you can't watch people on Twitch get unbelievably salty about it, it's not as good as Hearthstone.

• MoganMogan Registered User regular
    Ganluan wrote: »
    Gwent is so much better than some of the other awful minigames built into RPGs (Caravan, I'm looking at you).

Caravan was great. After they patched the AI to not be completely stupid, of course.

• LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    I've got PTSD from fake CCGs thanks to Final Fantasy.

• charlesartistcharlesartist Artist and Game Developer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Really like the art style and how it evolved over the years. That expression on the elf's face in the last panel is priceless.