As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sword Wielding. YARG!

JThrockmorton206JThrockmorton206 Registered User regular
edited October 2006 in PAX Archive
Avast! I was one of the pirates this year at PAX. (the one with a purple feathered hat and a flintlock) I refrained from bringing a sword because I didn't want to have any conflict with bringing a weapon to the Meydenbauer. Next year I want to represent the pirates again and bring a sword along with me in case of any close ninja encounters, but I want to be sure that its ok and allowed. I dont know exactly what the rules where for fake weapons, I think bringing the fake flintlock was risky enough but no one seemed to care much. anyone know if a realistic but fake and likely plastic sword would be allowed next year at the convention center? my friend said that they had some type of system with weapons at sakuracon, though im not sure how it worked.

*also if anyone has any pictures of me I was foolish enough not to get any and can only find 1 of the back of my head on flickr* :oops:

JThrockmorton206 on

• Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I care not for pirates.

Highfire on
  • Options
    JThrockmorton206JThrockmorton206 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    You can take yer opinions off the plank and to the bottom of the sea.

JThrockmorton206 on
  • Options
    RedmondKCRedmondKC Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Lol. Lightsabers were fine. :-P I dunno about real swords or their plastic counterparts, but I'd be willing to bet no one would complian about a plastic one. Besides, if you bring plastic pirate swords and buddies, we can have a huge jedi/pirate/turk/lemming/random other videogame character duel. It would be a friggin COSPLAY FIGHT!!!! OMG THAT'S AN AWESOME IDEA!!!!! WEWT!!!

RedmondKC on
    Redmond
    Dude with Lightsabers PAX 06 and 07.
    Producer/Writer/Voice Actor/Machinimator/Community Relations Manager ---- Apt T Productions
  • Options
    YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    heh, nerds with sticks and an excuse.. excellent idea. :P

Yuritau on
  • Options
    EldwenEldwen Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well, I'm going have to go with the grandma test on this one. See here for The full story on that. The policy should be similar. Although, as a pirate, security ninja's may attack on principle.

Eldwen on
  • Options
    ArghetlamArghetlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    May I direct your attention to the guy with the friggin' huge buster sword?

I think you'd be fine with plastic.

Arghetlam on
    "Music trancends time." - Dave Wakeley
    "When pirates and ninjas fight, everyone wins." -Tycho
    The new, improved One Shots Website
    Proud Wardriver from the Cross Country Super Trip '06!
    Proud Iron Smogger for 2008
  • Options
    TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Arghetlam wrote:
    May I direct your attention to the guy with the friggin' huge buster sword?

I think you'd be fine with plastic.

your sig needs more lensflare.

TomExMachina on
This discussion has been closed.