As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Now F2P - HoT expansion is LIVE! Guild missions Sun @ Noon & Mon @ 5pm Pacific!

• xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I've got 25 of each except the leather - which I only have 10. Plan is to save up enough of these things for a full ascended set for Revenant including weapons. I can't remember off the top of my head how much of this crap I needed now. I think it was in the 40's for each except leather. I'm not making any actual ascended gear until I hear if there is going to be any shake up of berserker meta though for HoT. I somehow doubt they will be capable of making other stats worthwhile :(

xgalaxy on
    GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Finally earned enough gold to get leatherworking to 500.

I believe I have enough materials to make the 15 Elonian leather squares I need for the Tempered Spinal Blades upgrade. Still need a ton of Blade Shards though (and thus Watchwork Sprockets).

Before I forget- thank you again to everyone who's sent me Sprockets!

After that, will probably work on the combined infuse/color step, though need to save up more gold again for the mats and do fractals for that essence thing.

Also tempted to do LS2 so I can work on Mawdrey and the luminescent armor stuff.

So many things... ><

I think you're better off buying the Elonian Leather from the trading post as it works out cheaper than crafting it yourself.

Too late- I already have the mats, just need the time to craft them.

Wish I knew this before though. ^^;

• JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    they did bring up that some folks planned ascended itemization around guard stacks. And that is going to be costly and time consuming to re gear....

I'm gonna mesh this some thoughts I had when I read that trait stat points were mostly getting rolled into higher stats on gear, which imo isn't a good thing.

Exotic gear isn't hard to get, but its not cheap, depending on what stats you want. Ascended, obviously, a major grind even tho its stats are much higher (the % increase may remain the same, but the absolute increase will get bigger).

With the current traits, you could be adding +300 of a stat with a few clicks out of combat. Now, you may need multiple gear sets, which is a bit annoying inventory-wise.

What might be nice is a way to add new stat combos to existing sets, like with Legendaries (but not immediately unlocked). Maybe only with ascended gear.

Eg:

Berserker ascended gear piece + ascended valkyrie inscription/insignia + some "Ascended Combobulator" item = ascended gear piece that you can select between zerker or valk outside of combat.

Repeat as desired to add other stat combos to the selectable list.

Joiry on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Joiry wrote: »
    they did bring up that some folks planned ascended itemization around guard stacks. And that is going to be costly and time consuming to re gear....

I'm gonna mesh this some thoughts I had when I read that trait stat points were mostly getting rolled into higher stats on gear, which imo isn't a good thing.

Exotic gear isn't hard to get, but its not cheap, depending on what stats you want. Ascended, obviously, a major grind even tho its stats are much higher (the % increase may remain the same, but the absolute increase will get bigger).

With the current traits, you could be adding +300 of a stat with a few clicks out of combat. Now, you may need multiple gear sets, which is a bit annoying inventory-wise.

What might be nice is a way to add new stat combos to existing sets, like with Legendaries (but not immediately unlocked). Maybe only with ascended gear.

Eg:

Berserker ascended gear piece + ascended valkyrie inscription/insignia + some "Ascended Combobulator" item = ascended gear piece that you can select between zerker or valk outside of combat.

That would be a pretty neat mechanic I wouldn't mind seeing.

However, AFAIK, the only popular build that really took advantage of trait stats to hybridize in a way they couldn't do with gear alone was Celestial Rifle Engineers, (the extra power from Explosives is largely why their still pretty viable even after the sigil of battle nerf) which is largely based on how much better the PvP Celestial Amulet is compared to 3-stat amulets for builds that can utilize all the stats... and last I heard, that amulet is slated to be nerfed when specializations roll out. Most of the rest of the meta builds either didn't care, taking X trait because it was desirable, not because it would give them Y amount of stats in the process, or specifically tried to focus on traits in the first two trait lines, the ones that always gave Power and Precision regardless of profession, on top of their Zerk gear for even more dps. For the latter group, removing stats from traits is actually a good thing, because they are no longer constrained to dedicating most of their points (or I guess now, two of their specialization slots) for the traits that increased the stats they wanted to buff even further, even if another line had traits that would be better for what they're doing.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    naengwen wrote: »
    Elonian Leather and Deldrimor Ingots are both pretty cheap - I think Spiritwood Planks as well. Any of those are probably better to hop onto the Trading Post rather than craft 'em, though prices have fluctuated a bit lately.

Bolts of Damask are another thing entirely. Pretty sure even now you can make a profit crafting and posting them, though it's nowhere near as massive as it used to be. It's also the most expensive by far, so be glad you aren't trying to craft the backpiece via tailoring.

If you're about to craft something expensive, you can always check with GW2Spidy to make sure it's a good idea:

1 ) Look up the item on http://www.gw2spidy.com/. For instance, Deldrimor Steel: http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/46738

2) From there, go to where it says Created By and click the link for the recipe: http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7313

You can see that at this moment, Deldrimor Steel is cheaper to craft than to buy. In fact the margin is large enough that even after TP fees, you can craft it at a (small) profit of 10 silver each. So for those you'd want to craft.

Elonian Leather, on the other hand: http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7307

That one has historically been cheaper on the TP, and at this moment it's 43 silver cheaper to buy than to craft.

Always check! :)

Foefaller wrote: »

Eg:

However, AFAIK, the only popular build that really took advantage of trait stats to hybridize in a way they couldn't do with gear alone was Celestial Rifle Engineers, (the extra power from Explosives is largely why their still pretty viable even after the sigil of battle nerf) which is largely based on how much better the PvP Celestial Amulet is compared to 3-stat amulets for builds that can utilize all the stats... and last I heard, that amulet is slated to be nerfed when specializations roll out. Most of the rest of the meta builds either didn't care, taking X trait because it was desirable, not because it would give them Y amount of stats in the process, or specifically tried to focus on traits in the first two trait lines, the ones that always gave Power and Precision regardless of profession, on top of their Zerk gear for even more dps. For the latter group, removing stats from traits is actually a good thing, because they are no longer constrained to dedicating most of their points (or I guess now, two of their specialization slots) for the traits that increased the stats they wanted to buff even further, even if another line had traits that would be better for what they're doing.

I guess something in my head I didn't write, which was I had always hoped they'd separate out the stat points from the trait lines. Like, here's X many points to spend. In that, sense, I do like the new system, that the points are tied to a specific trait ability you wanted. Mainly what I meant was I didn't the points transferring mainly to equipment.

I admit I'm not too familiar with the current meta (being only sporadically in game for about half a year at least). But having several hundreds of stat points going away and then reappearing as a % increase to your gear stats will probably have an effect on a lot of builds. It might be good, encouraging more diversity in equipment. But I think Anet should consider the effort put into getting existing equipment.

So, maybe they're considering something about people needing to regear.

Man, gear was so much better in GW1 (post NF). Just had an armor/damage stat and you added whatever mods you wanted afterwards.
    </walked uphill both ways>

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Eg:

I guess something in my head I didn't write, which was I had always hoped they'd separate out the stat points from the trait lines. Like, here's X many points to spend. In that, sense, I do like the new system, that the points are tied to a specific trait ability you wanted. Mainly what I meant was I didn't the points transferring mainly to equipment.

I admit I'm not too familiar with the current meta (being only sporadically in game for about half a year at least). But having several hundreds of stat points going away and then reappearing as a % increase to your gear stats will probably have an effect on a lot of builds. It might be good, encouraging more diversity in equipment. But I think Anet should consider the effort put into getting existing equipment.

Man, gear was so much better in GW1 (post NF). Just had an armor/damage stat and you added whatever mods you wanted afterwards.

Instead of GW1's system I'd rather have what you mentioned earlier; a system of progression where you can work towards being able to select a stat on an Ascended weapon. It would give people something to work for, and it would make things like Spiritwood valuable, since you could require different crafting mats to make those "Ascended Combobulators"

Perrsun on

Eg:

Maybe there is some insight that I'm missing having only played GW1 for about a year, but I'd say the only difference between how gearing works in GW1 vs. GW2 is that the steps are in reverse.

In GW1, you grind/farm/buy the mats to make the armor set with the look you like, then got the q9 weapons you wanted from trade chat or collector's/weaponsmiths, and then aftwards added the upgrades you needed for the build you wanted to play.

In GW2, you earn the weapons/armors with the stats you want, then unlock the skins you want to use to transmute your gear for the look you want. Either way, you're arguable spending the same amount of time and effort getting all the gear you need for all the builds you want to play...

Then again, GW1's Perfect Salvage Kits aren't exactly expensive, especially for vetern players, so you could technically just have one weapon/armor set and swap out the upgrades for whatever you wanted to do, but I'm pretty sure most people just bought a whole new set of weapons and armor for each build they wanted to run so they wouldn't have to deal with something like that.

steam_sig.png
    Perrsun wrote: »

Eg:

Instead of GW1's system I'd rather have what you mentioned earlier; a system of progression where you can work towards being able to select a stat on an Ascended weapon. It would give people something to work for, and it would make things like Spiritwood valuable, since you could require different crafting mats to make those "Ascended Combobulators"

Yeah, at this point I like what I outlined above over GW1 in terms of how GW2 economy works and the effort to make insignia/inscriptions. PreGW2, except for a few cases, getting the rune/insignia/etc you wanted was pretty cheap.

Odd question time!

Does anyone know if the armor that Scholar Vivian wears (saw her for first time during the What the Eye Beholds personal story quest) is something we can craft/get?

• Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Odd question time!

Does anyone know if the armor that Scholar Vivian wears (saw her for first time during the What the Eye Beholds personal story quest) is something we can craft/get?

That is the cloth Durmand Priory set.

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Priory%27s_Historical_armor_(light)

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Priory light armor it looks like

Ah, thank you. But no way to obtain the skin aside from joining the Priory, yes?

• Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Correct, but you can do it on another character.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
    I've not done this yet, but when you join any Order, are you able to buy any weight class armor from them? Or just the one that character can equip?

• Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    I've not done this yet, but when you join any Order, are you able to buy any weight class armor from them? Or just the one that character can equip?

Only restrictions on them is that you have to be able to get into Order Instance to access the Merchant so Joining the Order, other than that it is just a Merchant like any other.

Ok, thanks everyone!

• naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So uhhh

mfhoveb.png

itt Sharkey is second most spoiled charr in all of Tyria

QwqGYoN.jpg

Evon Gnashblade takes top honors. Stupid Black Lion Trading Company grumble grumble

EDIT: Forgot one. Sharkey is HoT ready :)

naengwen on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    8 legendaries. One of which is eternity. holy fuck.

I'm struggling to finish my first still.

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So uhhh
    mfhoveb.png

QwqGYoN.jpg
    Evon Gnashblade takes top honors. Stupid Black Lion Trading Company grumble grumble

Wait....you can move the starter backpack out of the first slot and put a safe box there instead? :o
    /mind blown

Poketpixie on
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    -Loki- wrote: »
    8 legendaries. One of which is eternity. holy fuck.

I'm struggling to finish my first still.

you need to meet kyle.

he has more.

should get off ass and finish eternity but waiting on presursor crafting still.

edit- there was a video on reddit re: what life is like in t1 with a 15 man wvw guild. While it looked blob tacular, i pined for the old days.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    So uhhh
    mfhoveb.png

QwqGYoN.jpg

Wait....you can move the starter backpack out of the first slot and put a safe box there instead? :o
    /mind blown

Yup, best way to use the fractal bags without having the No Compacting quirk of those bags drive you insane.

steam_sig.png
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Very nice Sharkey, very nice indeed.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    you need to meet kyle.

he has more.

Not any more! He only has Eternity, Predator, Kamohoali'i Kotaki, and Kudzu. Sharkey's ahead for sure.

More Stronghold on Tuesday

Anyone want to beat Guild Wars 2 again? (or rather, one of the all-dev teams?)

steam_sig.png
    So uhhh

mfhoveb.png

QwqGYoN.jpg

Good gods.

I... I can't even...

Kylindra wrote: »
    you need to meet kyle.

he has more.

Not any more! He only has Eternity, Predator, Kamohoali'i Kotaki, and Kudzu. Sharkey's ahead for sure.

Pretty sure SwordFury's still got us both beat though :bigfrown:

Totes. This time I'll bring a spec that doesn't get totally rocked by the enemy team, provided that team isn't actually 5 thieves.

• WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular

I'll gladly jump in when I get off work that afternoon.

253J736.png
    WolveSight wrote: »

I'll gladly jump in when I get off work that afternoon.

I am so there!

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I ran into this guy while killing world bosses(like you do). Any idea what outfit that is?
    Perwb6S.jpg

Poketpixie on
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I've decided to get back into this and start getting ready for the expansion. Can I get an invite back into the guild? Username is HamHamJ.5362

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

LET US RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY, AND CHROME!

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    I've decided to get back into this and start getting ready for the expansion. Can I get an invite back into the guild? Username is HamHamJ.5362

Invite sent!

• VanderbrentVanderbrent Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Honestly, how badass would it be to have a doof warrior for our map zergs in wuv? Or shit, just in general really
    it would be super badass

Vanderbrent on

Honestly, how badass would it be to have a doof warrior for our map zergs in wuv? Or shit, just in general really
    it would be super badass

Dear ArenaNet: Please make your next musical instrument a flamethrowing double necked guitar.

PS: A finisher that drops a bunch of loudspeakers while dudes play taiko drums would also be friggin sweet

PS: actually can we have a demolition derby racing game of some sort with charr tanks as a mini-game like just a stupid mini-game because I know vehicles are a giant pain in the ass and it'd be kind of slow and dumb but it'd be HILARIOUS okay and the charr are already basically an entire race of Mad Max so yes

love, me

Random-ish question. I had most of my characters parked at JP chests for like half a year plus when I wasn't playing, except for the occasion login. I got several copies of the enchanted map fragments in that time, except piece 2/4. Reading the wiki, I found out 2/4 drops with better odds from Ascalon chests. I've had alts camped out either at the branded mine or the Diessa central JP for like 3 weeks and not a single drop. But it seemed like the other pieces dropped fairly regularly (I had like 3-4 copies of some, from maybe a total of 20 lootings).

Is 2/4 just that much more rare?

Nah - they all drop at about the same rate. Just that RNG can be cruel sometimes :(

• HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    So I've been playing the second half of Season 2 and I've got to say, Caithe's skills are super OP. Can that just be the Thief elite specialization pls?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    So I've been playing the second half of Season 2 and I've got to say, Caithe's skills are super OP. Can that just be the Thief elite specialization pls?

new elite specialization for thief: the salad shooter

This discussion has been closed.