As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Spice Girl

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Spice Girl

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    The feathering around the sleeves and collar is especially nice.

Quid on
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I think of all the amazing and funny PA strips I've seen this one is my favorite. To me this is the perfect example of what a good comic strips is all about. Also-Cilantro's hair is <3

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Dat don't-give-a-fuck face

Oh brilliant
  • RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Third panel: "Worth it".

steam_sig.png
  • noxumbranoxumbra Registered User regular
    The name Cilantro is the best part. I wonder what other ideas there were for names.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Coriander was one.

• ironheadironhead Registered User regular
    His face in the last panel is the new standard for "Ask me if I give a fuck".

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    The real question is: Will we ever see Gabe missing that bit of ear again?

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • AstralMuffinAstralMuffin Registered User regular
    Please tell me there's a good real story behind this

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Looks like the perfect opportunity for Gabe to do some anime cosplay!

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Had to read the strip three times before I realized Gabe wasn't saying "masturbating"...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Gabe should hang out in the SE++ bad joke thread

We don't judge, there

• sandalwoodsandalwood Cartoonist New YorkRegistered User regular
    I hope Gabe is stuck with this sweet quaff for a few strips

• RoyalPolishCavalryRoyalPolishCavalry Registered User regular
    Is that the Helldivers's Commander?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Coriander was one.

But they used Coriander.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    noxumbra wrote: »
    The name Cilantro is the best part. I wonder what other ideas there were for names.

I wonder if they considered any alternative spellings:

Cylantro

Cilantreaux

Sealahnttroagh

Gotta stand out from all the other Cilantros in your school

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    The art in panel three, this is the payoff to Gabe stretching his art muscles the last few months.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The art in panel three, this is the payoff to Gabe stretching his art muscles the last few months.

I like the middle panel better for some reason

That mouth

• ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    Gabe designed by the idiot who ruined DMC.

• RedactedProfileRedactedProfile Burnaby, BCRegistered User regular
    The second panel.. getting closer and closer to Gorillaz every day haha

gorillaz.pngGorillaz2.pngGorillaz3.pngGorillaz4.png

also had to re-read this comic like 20 times before I got the joke lol

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    Coldbrand wrote: »

DMC = Devil May Cry? also, I fat fingered it when trying to hit the quote button and hit the agree button instead.

Coldbrand wrote: »

DMC = Devil May Cry?

Not sure why my brain defaulted to "RunDMC" and I know nothing about that groups history or if anyone ruined it or anything

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    also, I fat fingered it when trying to hit the quote button and hit the agree button instead.

You can hit the agree button again to unagree, if you want.

• GabrielGabriel Registered User, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words. I know I'm trying some goofy stuff but I am getting better I think:)

Gabriel wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words. I know I'm trying some goofy stuff but I am getting better I think:)

Absolutely!

And please don't take my gorillaz notation as anything negative, Pete Candeland is an art and animation hero of mine

• Robotic DraconianRobotic Draconian Registered User regular
    Still not sure if Cilantro is genuinely that bad, considers that a style, or if it was punishment towards Gabe fore the terrible joke.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Her sister Coriander is much better at coloring roots.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Still not sure if Cilantro is genuinely that bad, considers that a style, or if it was punishment towards Gabe fore the terrible joke.

Considering the missing chunk of ear, pretty sure it's punishment.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I do wonder about the hairdresser adding hair in some places. Is this a stylist or a hairomancer?

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Don't piss off your barber, server, etc etc.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I do wonder about the hairdresser adding hair in some places. Is this a stylist or a hairomancer?

Itchy itchy punishment.

• PaulToompasPaulToompas Registered User new member
    In regards to the Gorillaz comparison: I actually thought the same thing on The Last Game strip. I figured it was because you don't often see people draw characters in profile.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Well she's not going to throw out perfectly good eyebrow hair.

• Brandi1leighBrandi1leigh Austin, TXRegistered User new member
    I was a high school speech and debate coach. Every single year, some kid would join the team and make the joke, "I'm going to be a master-debater." This strip took me back to that...

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I was a high school speech and debate coach. Every single year, some kid would join the team and make the joke, "I'm going to be a master-debater." This strip took me back to that...

I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned baking yet. As far as I'm aware, that is the easiest of this class of jokes.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned baking yet. As far as I'm aware, that is the easiest of this class of jokes.

Fishing. Bait.

What is this I don't even.
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Fishing. Bait.

My Communication degree will help me in many aspects of the corporate world as well as my personal life. This degree will truly help me be a cunning linguist.

• Brandi1leighBrandi1leigh Austin, TXRegistered User new member
    edited May 2015
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Fishing. Bait.

My Communication degree will help me in many aspects of the corporate world as well as my personal life. This degree will truly help me be a cunning linguist.

Another one I heard a lot. I actually had a debate captain who wanted to put master debater and cunning linguist on our school T-shirt. Since I wanted to keep my job, I had to veto that for the high school crowd. Although I do believe it might have been our most popular design EVER if I'd been cool enough to let it slide.

Brandi1leigh on
  • ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    I'm not sure that's a 'don't give a fuck' expression at the end. I think Gabe understands he got just what he deserved. That's acceptance. I think the character just gained a teensy bit of wisdom.

Not that it's going to change him all that much lol. The don't give a fuck/worth it shrug is next, probably.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    also had to re-read this comic like 20 times before I got the joke lol

Three days in and I still don't get it. I'm on an alien wavelength.

Donnicton on