As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Solium Infernum - Epic play by email Hex 'em up, from Hell! Game over.

14567810»

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I'm curious what starting avatars and strategies people went with. Last I played, there were basically 3 starting strats:

-Max out charisma, play the long term economic game
    -Start with enough of one stat (deception?) to get +1 order
    -Spread your points evenly to all your non-charisma skills in order to max out your starting legion. Try to get as big a lead with that as you can because your income is going to be hobbled.

MrBody on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Starting build:
    Martial 2, Wickedness 1, Charisma 3
    Paranoid (Resist Deceit), Devoted Minions (+1 Tribute choice)
    Duke, Gluttony
    Vague plan. Rake in the tributes, buff Martial and buy armies, stomp enemies, hope Paranoia is enough to keep me safe from being robbed blind.

With the benefit of having actually played the game now, that 1 wickedness was a bit pointless as I don't think I ever smote anyone at any point.

I basically started to try buffing martial for the extra order slot but kept getting the wrong cards in tribute. Then switched to a stat buffing relic heavy strategy which worked out quite nicely.

High martial for strong combat cards and high charisma to pay for them worked pretty well for covering early battles.

MhCw7nZ.gif