As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Now F2P - HoT expansion is LIVE! Guild missions Sun @ Noon & Mon @ 5pm Pacific!

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    So I've been playing the second half of Season 2 and I've got to say, Caithe's skills are super OP. Can that just be the Thief elite specialization pls?

new elite specialization for thief: the salad shooter

The Salad Spinner?

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    More Stronghold on Tuesday

Anyone want to beat Guild Wars 2 again? (or rather, one of the all-dev teams?)

I'm in! I'll be trying out a new (untested) Guardian build this time so you'll have to rely on someone else for Mesmer portal shenanigans. I'll try to be home on time (tm) again for this round. Likely no later than 6PM pacific.

26904.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

This looks more like a centaur than Druid. I don't know what they're playing at, but it doesn't feel like a class spec. :/

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Looks like a Charr Druid to me.

edited June 2015
    At first glance I hoped it would be, but the face looks too long, the horns too big, no extra ears, and the torso shape ends too widely for charr hips. I dunno, man.

Perrsun on
    Supposedly it's Ventari? Although I'm not sure how that can be since he died like 200 years ago...?

26904.png
  • JoiryJoiry Registered User regular
    My first thought seeing it was norn Goat Spirit transform... but that seems so unlikely.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

I'm in! I'll be trying out a new (untested) Guardian build this time so you'll have to rely on someone else for Mesmer portal shenanigans. I'll try to be home on time (tm) again for this round. Likely no later than 6PM pacific.

I don't know if I can allow my teammates this level of agency. You must all be mindless drones to follow my bidding for stronghold domination!

I mean, yeah, sure. Ok wat-evs.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Centaur confirmed playable race.

#gohometengu

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

This looks more like a centaur than Druid. I don't know what they're playing at, but it doesn't feel like a class spec. :/

Reading the comments... Possible legend for Revenant?

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Supposedly it's Ventari? Although I'm not sure how that can be since he died like 200 years ago...?

My guess (which I stole from Reddit):

Legendary Centaur Stance: Invoke the power of the legendary centaur Ventari.

Ergo we get the Revenant's this week.

EDIT: in fact that quote from the tweet is a direct quote of Ventari according to this wiki page

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular
    My guess is Ventari Revenant legend along with staff weapon reveal this week.

GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    I think it's going to be a general Revenant deep dive, that they've done enough work on Revenant that they are ready to show all (or at least more) of the skills, weapons and traits for it.

Betting every day is going to have a new Legend and quote to go with it.

steam_sig.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Having a heap of trouble logging in tonite, authentication server trouble or is there an event going on ?

• ky13ky13 Registered User regular

Isn't Ventari one of the sizes at Starbucks?

Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »

I don't know if I can allow my teammates this level of agency. You must all be mindless drones to follow my bidding for stronghold domination!

I mean, yeah, sure. Ok wat-evs.

I don't actually have to work today. So whenever this event kicks off, I should be able to play.

253J736.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Guess what? It will launch summer. So before sept.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/38426o/steve_fowler_in_building_a_competitive_game/

Guys says so in the vid!!!!

I'm ready for some wvwvwednesdays and changeovers. And fresh guild mishies

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Fowler's the head of marketing. Marketing people make promises without knowing if they can be kept.

Fairchild wrote: »
    Having a heap of trouble logging in tonite, authentication server trouble or is there an event going on ?
    The interweb was broken last night. Something about Comcast. I'm sure that if they just raised their prices by 250% then they could afford to upgrade the infrastructure to keep things running. /s

Apparently it was a pretty common problem. Our connectivity was down and up in fits and starts all night, too.

26904.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Okay, thanks. Got in eventually, but I'm STILL receiving e-mail authentication responses 12 hours later.

Email is a bit of a funky thing.

Depending on the email server if it fails an attempt it puts it in a queue to retry later, depending on the mail servers configuration it will retry x hours later from 1-24 usually. So if anets email server couldn't contact your email server because it couldn't establish a connection, then it retried hours later. So you get a flood of mail that was stuck in limbo.

Depending on the email server if it fails an attempt it puts it in a queue to retry later, depending on the mail servers configuration it will retry x hours later from 1-24 usually. So if anets email server couldn't contact your email server because it couldn't establish a connection, then it retried hours later. So you get a flood of mail that was stuck in limbo.

True. As the expansion approaches I'm once again considering dropping e-mail authentication, specifically because it's such an unreliable method of logging in. Are stolen accounts still a thing in GW2 ?

True. As the expansion approaches I'm once again considering dropping e-mail authentication, specifically because it's such an unreliable method of logging in. Are stolen accounts still a thing in GW2 ?

very much so.

253J736.png
    gw2 patching in 10 mins.

253J736.png
  • KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/Stronghold-Changes-for-6-2-Beta

Edit: New skill: The lord will now execute an attack that pulls nearby enemies in, knocks them down, and then does a devastating 360 degree spin. Don’t let it hit you.

Does that skill remind anyone else of Kohler?

Kylindra on
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Uh? did it patch?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    Stronghold is fun.

I'm hype

@stupid where you at bro.

• naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Fun times, folks :)

Thanks @Draygo and @Stupid @Kylindra for heading that up, and @EidolonOrpheus for the first round. Dunno if you folks caught any devs during your earlier matches, but there were still good times to be had.

Still not sure what to make of it - Stronghold is fun, but it feels like it could use some tweaking. The keep lord's new ability adds some chaos, for sure but it's pretty easy to dodge. And I feel like there needs to be a bigger consequence for archers - either more damage to players or guards, or even something to give them an edge against the lord like an immunity to the lords ability.

Also there's a lot of spots where teleports are broken. Not a lot of fun when I'm not allowed to escape by teleporting across a slightly elevated hill.

naengwen wrote: »

Thanks @Draygo and @Stupid @Kylindra for heading that up, and @EidolonOrpheus for the first round. Dunno if you folks caught any devs during your earlier matches, but there were still good times to be had.

Still not sure what to make of it - Stronghold is fun, but it feels like it could use some tweaking. The keep lord's new ability adds some chaos, for sure but it's pretty easy to dodge. And I feel like there needs to be a bigger consequence for archers - either more damage to players or guards, or even something to give them an edge against the lord like an immunity to the lords ability.

Also there's a lot of spots where teleports are broken. Not a lot of fun when I'm not allowed to escape by teleporting across a slightly elevated hill.

As it stands- do you get any sort of buff for repelling them off the lord? IE you team wipe them and the lord drops aggro (no archers either) You get a buff as a 'comeback mechanic?'

is that something that would help?

Also the game runs smoother on windows 10 vs windows 8.1. its a bit alarming.

mojojoeo wrote: »

As it stands- do you get any sort of buff for repelling them off the lord? IE you team wipe them and the lord drops aggro (no archers either) You get a buff as a 'comeback mechanic?'

Possibly. Some kinda of comeback mechanic is probably for the best; the fact that it's easy for one side to snowball after a win is one of the two biggest complaints/concerns I've seen, after archers being only marginally useful (they force someone to go on D, but possess no threat or need whenever players are involved)

One idea I think I saw that might solve both (assuming they needed to be solved) is to buff guards vs. players, especially the lord room guards, and maybe give archers Mist Hero AI (meaning they ignore players until they get to the gate or lord room, then start attacking) so they don't get peeled off by a player. That could make it easier for the defenders to push back an unsupported attack with the help of guards, as well as make archers useful for more than just ultra-light pressure.

Isn't that how it usually goes though? Crap Windows -> awesome Windows -> Repeat?

steam_sig.png
  • KylindraKylindra Registered User regular

Isn't that how it usually goes though? Crap Windows -> awesome Tolerable Windows -> Repeat?
    FTFY. :P

Kylindra wrote: »

Isn't that how it usually goes though? Crap Windows -> awesome Tolerable Windows -> Repeat?
    FTFY. :P

Possibly. Some kinda of comeback mechanic is probably for the best; the fact that it's easy for one side to snowball after a win is one of the two biggest complaints/concerns I've seen, after archers being only marginally useful (they force someone to go on D, but possess no threat or need whenever players are involved)

One idea I think I saw that might solve both (assuming they needed to be solved) is to buff guards vs. players, especially the lord room guards, and maybe give archers Mist Hero AI (meaning they ignore players until they get to the gate or lord room, then start attacking) so they don't get peeled off by a player. That could make it easier for the defenders to push back an unsupported attack with the help of guards, as well as make archers useful for more than just ultra-light pressure.

Isn't that how it usually goes though? Crap Windows -> awesome Windows -> Repeat?

8.1 was not crap windows hommie. never was.

Oh, so your surprise was the fact it didn't go crap after being good/tolerable?

steam_sig.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    So if Windows 8 is tolerable and Windows 10 is tolerable, what kind of horrible mess is Windows X1 going to be?

There were a few games last night that we had a very unsatisfying finish. In both cases we were down on points, had successfully defended our lord and were also attaching their lord. In both cases we lost because the time ran out, and even though their lord had less health than ours, we had less overall points.

I just wish there was an overtime mechanic, like maybe "If the timer runs out but either lord is still in combat overtime ensues. Overtime ends if a lord is killed, or both lords are Out Of Combat." Maybe even add Lord health depletes over time in overtime. This way matches wouldn't last TOO much longer than the normal timeframe, just maybe another minute or 2, but it'd give a chance at a comeback.

Oh, so your surprise was the fact it didn't go crap after being good/tolerable?

im aware of the good crap cycle.... 8 was never as bad as the hype about it being bad. Im just shocked GW2 performs better for me....
    reVerse wrote: »
    So if Windows 8 is tolerable and Windows 10 is tolerable, what kind of horrible mess is Windows X1 going to be?

Windows 10 may well be the last windows ever (or for many years)... they want to sell windows as a service across all platforms (pcs, tablets, phones, tvs, xboxes all running windows 10). So far To the point that it can be installed as a windows update over the top of windows 7 and 8. So over time the whole OS can grow and morph as needed.

As I understand it, naengwen is an Arenanet developer who spends a fair amount of time reading this folder. I hope that he is seeing this as what it is, a loyal, paying customer complaining about the unreliability of his GW2 login process, and that he is sending this criticism to the people at Arenanet who need to see it.

• xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular
    8.1 was not crap windows hommie. never was.

Where is that 'you're wrong' video from scrubs when you need it?

GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Nope, just a fan who happens to also be a software engineer. I tend to think out loud when it comes to issues like that, so apologies if that's caused any confusion D:

naengwen on
This discussion has been closed.