As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fallout: Four. Four never changes.

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited June 2015 in Games and Technology
O3y7Yt9.jpg
Main Site

This is the Twitch channel for the announcement:

There is an announcement happening at 10pm EDT (like roughly two hours from now as of this posting). This thread is for you lot to get all excited over video games. Once the game is announced, I will turn control of this OP over to one of yous and let you pretty it all up with shiny new info. If you wish to be the OP then just @ me after the announcement. But the OP has to have some goddamn effort put into it.

What will it be? A match three game? A Facebook app? Oh goodness, a moba??? So many exciting possibilities for the Fallout franchise! Personally, I'm rooting for Brotherhood of Steel 2!

Stay safe, Vault-Dwellers!
ZHNT81B.png

YL9WnCY.png
Sterica on

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    2 hours ! I have the twitch stream open on my second monitor, while trying to ride dinosaurs on my main screen...

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    2 hours... wait so is it 2pm gmt or 3pm gmt? i checked google for the edt time and 10edt is 2pm gmt so... half an hour away?

edit: im dumb, main site has a countdown. 1 hour and 22 minutes left.

Deaderinred on
    edited June 2015
    Also New Vegas is better is Fallout 3. Facts.

Deaderinred on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I know there are people out there who liked 3 better than New Vegas, but I still can't help but hope Bethesda took a good, long look at what Obsidian did in that game and took inspiration from it.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    We're 90 minutes away.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I am mildly interested in Fallout 4.
    Who are we kidding?

be-excited.png

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Their website accidently posted some stuff earlier like boxart (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

and some images:

46910_2_0.jpg

Website is dead now though.

Corpekata on
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Spoil that shit. Some people want to stay naturally hyped.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Their website accidently posted some stuff earlier like boxart (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

and some images:
    46910_2_0.jpg

Website is dead now though.

I'll be in my bunk.

Is time a gift or punishment?
    edited June 2015
    bethesda didnt bother to hide things on their servers and neogaf went digging.

looks like the engine we all love! :bzz:

edit: well i got beat. :|

not sure if this is a real shot or not
    TmvkQI6.jpg

Deaderinred on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Might want to spoil tag that.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    edited June 2015
    http://fallout4.com/

site is getting hit hard but from what im hearing at gaf, its NOT crossgen. (it might have gone up too early and seems to be down now? i dont know what is going on)

Deaderinred on
    milski wrote: »
    Spoil that shit. Some people want to stay naturally hyped.

haha.

wait, actually, im not sure if you are joking or not.

• AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Feeding The Wall is so ingrained, seeing the weapons/tools attached to the board at the back instantly made me think of it.

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Are we really getting to the point where people don't want to be 'spoil' on announcements?

Fuck, just stay off the internet at that point.

i don't know weather to be sad or happy about the mighty return of gamebryo (it was too much to hope for a new engine) but hey at least it will run nicely on my system and mods well enough.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Please spoiler all images. We can have a thread about an upcoming announcement without making it impossible to see leaked promotional material (plus those images are p. big).

Anyway, not crossgen is good. I'll probably still get it on PC, but if I haven't upgraded my graphics card by then knowing it'll actually be designed for the PS4 rather than the PS3 with better shading is nice.

EDIT: Yeah, it's kind of silly. So? No need to be goosey about a simple request that wouldn't even be that weird if it were cat pictures since they're taking up half the thread.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
    Ashe wrote: »
    Feeding The Wall is so ingrained, seeing the weapons/tools attached to the board at the back instantly made me think of it.

THE WALL. THE WALL HUNGERS.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Oooooh, that first pic

THERE'S A DOGGIE!!!!!

looks like we're getting a gameplay trailer too. thumbnails from the video leaked.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I secretly hope it's an announcement that Bethesda is giving the Fallout license to CDProject cause I swear to god Bethesda can barely make a game.

• ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Been replaying FO1 recently so I'm kind of excited, though I wasn't really a fan of FO3 and I didn't get around to playing NV. I'll still probably give this a shot, at least.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I am hype! Cannot wait for Fallout: The Mobile Experience!

• SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Getting noire'ish vibes. Liking the use of colour a lot too.

It does look like Gamebryo again, though. Let it die, damn it.

Edit: Another image
    L6PBBb2.jpg

Suriko on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    milski wrote: »
    Please spoiler all images. We can have a thread about an upcoming announcement without making it impossible to see leaked promotional material (plus those images are p. big).

Anyway, not crossgen is good. I'll probably still get it on PC, but if I haven't upgraded my graphics card by then knowing it'll actually be designed for the PS4 rather than the PS3 with better shading is nice.

EDIT: Yeah, it's kind of silly. So? No need to be goosey about a simple request that wouldn't even be that weird if it were cat pictures since they're taking up half the thread.

Oh fucking please

Reznik wrote: »
    Been replaying FO1 recently so I'm kind of excited, though I wasn't really a fan of FO3 and I didn't get around to playing NV. I'll still probably give this a shot, at least.

Honestly, you might like Fallout NV, unless you didn't like the 3d style of gameplay. From what I heard, NV is closer to the original 2 games, both in storyline, area, and characterization.

edited June 2015
    Nice to see Dogmeat alive and well.

Or well, one of them. This is probably a new one.

Dr. Chaos on
    Suriko wrote: »

L6PBBb2.jpg

fallout 4: the dogmeat chronicles.

fallout 4: the dogmeat chronicles.
    I would love it if he's a companion much earlier on this time. Possibly an option as early as the intro stages.

45108_1_1.png

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Is this going to be a "Coming Holiday 2016" type announcement? Sure hope not.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Suriko wrote: »

L6PBBb2.jpg

This has to be a crossgen title cause....this is ugly....

It seems to be not-dogmeat looks too...perfect. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but living in a world where every animal has mutated into something ugly (or crossbred into something horrendous, a purebred G. Shepard looks, weird. (Unless they bred some in a sealed, non stupid Vault)

Ohhh, that would be a great Vault... a vault where dogs outnumber people.

I still feel horrible that cats are extinct.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Well, it's only Skyrim ugly, which is acceptable level of ugly.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are just hideous to look at.

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Bethesda games always look a few years out of date.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I can forgive ugly if there's a payoff.

But given how poorly the games run and the trivial NPC population, there really isn't any.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    That screen looks awfully blown up and washed out, that's probably just a little image stretched. I'm sure with poor enough treatment you get plenty of otherwise good Witcher 3 scenes looking like that. But yeah, none of these screens really blow me away, but that's true of this entire generation--at best, they're basically last gen games with better weather effects, more characters walking around at once, more complex tree geometry, and higher resolution on consoles. It's not realistic to expect Bethesda to be the ones to change that, but they sure might just deliver a really cool RPG nonetheless. Can't wait to give it a go.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Looks like pre-renders to me? In the style of the old fallout games even. Really not sure what to make of that. Maybe that's the art style they're going for this game, can't say I'd be a fan of it. Would love to see some actual game screenshots.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

Idx86 wrote: »
    Is this going to be a "Coming Holiday 2016" type announcement? Sure hope not.

im 99% sure its out this year. they are following the same marketing/release thing that worked well for skyrim. make the game is secret, dont release anything until the game is almost ready so you can have a oct to christmas release date. it worked for skyrim and it will work here (xcom2 is doing the same thing) and i hope becomes a standard thing because i am so tired of getting excited about games that are 5 years out.

This discussion has been closed.