As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout: Four. Four never changes.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Reznik wrote: »
    Been replaying FO1 recently so I'm kind of excited, though I wasn't really a fan of FO3 and I didn't get around to playing NV. I'll still probably give this a shot, at least.

Honestly, you might like Fallout NV, unless you didn't like the 3d style of gameplay. From what I heard, NV is closer to the original 2 games, both in storyline, area, and characterization.

It wasn't so much the gameplay as it was the janky animations and general ugliness (and not stylized ugliness). I know there's a lot of mods to fix up lighting/textures/etc. but is there anything that makes the animations not suck?

I might look into NV if there are enough good mods for the visuals (and stability). I'm sure the story is great given who worked on it but it's really hard for me to get past how it looks, heh.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Looks like pre-renders to me? In the style of the old fallout games even. Really not sure what to make of that. Maybe that's the art style they're going for this game, can't say I'd be a fan of it. Would love to see some actual game screenshots.

pretty sure its screenshots, it's at least in-engine. just check out the hills in the background of first sceenshot. totally gamebryo stuff.

the coloured noirish one and the dog one are blow up stills from thumbnails of trailer we're gonna get in about 25 minutes.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    The crap animations is Bethesda trademark; it's their forte.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    T-51b (possibly a modified version?) looks good. Can't wait to see what they do with new sets like the Enclave power armor though.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    they get better at it with each game at least.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Is this going to be a "Coming Holiday 2016" type announcement? Sure hope not.

im 99% sure its out this year. they are following the same marketing/release thing that worked well for skyrim. make the game is secret, dont release anything until the game is almost ready so you can have a oct to christmas release date. it worked for skyrim and it will work here (xcom2 is doing the same thing) and i hope becomes a standard thing because i am so tired of getting excited about games that are 5 years out.

Well if it follows the Skyrim announcement model, the game will be released in May 2016. It does look like we will get more info than the Skyrim announce trailer, but even then we are looking at 9 months between the first chunk of information about the game being released and launch.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Bethesda is really bad at making digital people. Generally their worlds are beautifully rendered. It's the NPCs that always look so bad.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Is this going to be a "Coming Holiday 2016" type announcement? Sure hope not.

im 99% sure its out this year. they are following the same marketing/release thing that worked well for skyrim. make the game is secret, dont release anything until the game is almost ready so you can have a oct to christmas release date. it worked for skyrim and it will work here (xcom2 is doing the same thing) and i hope becomes a standard thing because i am so tired of getting excited about games that are 5 years out.

Well if it follows the Skyrim announcement model, the game will be released in May 2016. It does look like we will get more info than the Skyrim announce trailer, but even then we are looking at 9 months between the first chunk of information about the game being released and launch.

if i recall skyrim had its trailer in feb/march and then released in october/november of the same year? i might be remembering wrong.

either way, it already got leaked thats its a 2015 game.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    skyrim launched 11.11.11

edit: i have no idea when it was announced and i don't care

Shogun on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Could we change the thread title please, so as not to spoil people who don't want to read the thread that Fallout 4 exists?

Pretty hyped for Fallout 4, I must say. Long 15 minutes coming up.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Could we change the thread title please, so as not to spoil people who don't want to read the thread that Fallout 4 exists?

Can we also change it so it doesn't spoil a revealing of a game? You know, cause, I like being surprised when I read about it in magazines.

• Options
    Woke up too early for this.

I'm in agony watching those numbers.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    People definitely forget what 360 and PS3 looks like if they think those screenshots look last gen.

Jesus.

Maybe because everyone plays with mods or on high end PCs, but damn they look brilliant. And these are worlds with hundreds of physical objects in them that are independent and can be taken from the environment and placed elsewhere

I might just ignore these threads cos I've always felt that people are way to harsh on Bethesda games, or at least never seem to be as wowed as I am. Or maybe that's just confirmation bias on my part or something, since they're usually extremely well reviewed and popular

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Prohass wrote: »
    People definitely forget what 360 and PS3 looks like if they think those screenshots look last gen.

Jesus.

the hill looks older than last gen!

daggerfall.png~original

:bzz:

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

You want me to change the title of an announcement on the Fallout main website that's in the style of a 50s TV off-the-air sign?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Go away.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Ye olde Horsemeat.

• Options
    edited June 2015

You want me to change the title of an announcement on the Fallout main website that's in the style of a 50s TV off-the-air sign?

Pretty sure he was just joking.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Sometimes it's hard to tell.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

Jesus.

You're right, this look like PS2 era garbage.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

Could you just shut the entire forum down so someone doesn't accidentally spoil that things exist? It really ruins my enjoyment when other people surprise me with things that have been made.

• Options

That was not a serious request.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    As long as the game is as moddable as the previous Bethesda releases, I am not going to worry about any graphical deficiencies (yet).

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    The game will be sprite-based with an isometric view.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    i read somewhere the other day that people were seriously annoyed by obituaries for the actress who played the mother of jason, that said obituaries spoiled the twist in friday the 13th. it was quite something.

Deaderinred on
  • Options

Jesus.

Can't tell if serious?

Like come on

• Options
    edited June 2015
    i read somewhere the other day that people were seriously annoyed by obituaries for the actress who played the mother of jason, that said obituaries spoiled the twist in friday the 13th. it was quite something.
    Holy shit.

A person died and someone had the gall to say that in the middle of all of it like it matters? That is...something.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    T MINUS 5 FUCKING MINUTES.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Jesus.

Can't tell if serious?

Like come on

sh2pc2010-09-1818-31-0sa9t.JPG

Just saying.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    The twist will be a new companion: Catmeat.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Just something reasonable and sensible, like "Thread For A Pending Video Game".

If I were Bethesda, I wouldn't even bother trying to have the site up once the clock hits zero, the server's going to explode anyway, might as well just save some money and do it on the cheap rather than make all the effort for the same result.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    The twist will be a new companion: Catmeat.
    Think all the cats got eaten. :(

Poor kitties.

• Options
    3 minutes oh my god i am totally a slave and buy into the hype machine. TAKE ME.

• Options

Jesus.

Can't tell if serious?

Like come on

Just saying.

fallout-new-vegas-unique-weapons-la-longue-carabine-location-screenshot.jpg

• Options
    Oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god..

*starts jumping up and down excitedly*

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I just hope it's not Idtech. I can stomach the pop in for like a linear shooter like Wolfenstein but it would be miserable in an open world game.

• Options

Jesus.

Can't tell if serious?

Like come on

Just saying.

fallout-new-vegas-unique-weapons-la-longue-carabine-location-screenshot.jpg

Yeah, Fallout 3 was a truly ugly game. That we can all agree with.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I wonder which 50's song they're gonna use!

• Options
    Let's not argue about graphics.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    The time has come and so have I

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
This discussion has been closed.