As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hatch Green [chat]

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Double hilariously I finished my plat promo series with the same champ and position - Jungle Warwick - as he complained of the time before

"OMG NO GANK TIL 330"

Yeah fuck you, try not not to feed til then

are you ok

i think summary is letting out some repressed feelings and now the healing can begin

I should just @ him

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    elldren,

http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

I thought this was a joke until the deer carcass. But apparently some asshole used a mountain howitzer for deer hunting.

The carcass is a 'shop. At least, the "wounds" are. They're just clone stamps of a single wound. They all have the same two-spot flash reflection, and the same two darker pink bumps on the lower right.

Now I am less angry at the world.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    btw bc:
    LaBeouf was participating in a video art project called #Introductions for Central Saint Martins, a London arts college.

Each student in the class was directed to write a short script for the actor to perform on camera in front of a greenscreen. According to the Guardian, this was the assignment:

“Submit a piece of text lasting up to 30 seconds or no more than 100 words. This can be as poetic, abstract or literal as you like — with the emphasis on expressing the feeling and tone of the work being introduced.”

LaBeouf wound up performing 36 of the pieces in a single day in a Los Angeles greenscreen studio. The various segments involve him wearing a motorcycle helmet, using a British accent, and standing on his head.

in case u wondering why

Im so happy right now

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    How do I get my family banned from LoL?

Have them start playing Heroes of the Storm. It's not a clean break, but it's a harm reduction measure.

will this make them less assholes while playing a game?

im sorry belasco

your family has caught the moba condition

its terminal

all mobas played over time will turn the player into an asshole

there is no end game where this is not true

so, I should find a virus that only fucks up League or move out?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Have them start playing Heroes of the Storm. It's not a clean break, but it's a harm reduction measure.

Games take half as long

so they can get mad at twice as many games

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I am guilty of snapping at wife while in the middle of VERY IMPORTANT GAEM GOD DAMMIT WOMAN

I am sorry Belasco but sometimes the world needs to be saved and the dishes are just going to have to wait

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    (that was a joke btw but sometimes people do dumb things)

• Options

im sorry belasco

its terminal

take your daughter and flee

its already over

we did everything we could

• Options
    I am guilty of snapping at wife while in the middle of VERY IMPORTANT GAEM GOD DAMMIT WOMAN

I am sorry Belasco but sometimes the world needs to be saved and the dishes are just going to have to wait

soooo, what I'm hearing here is either the Good Ol' Boy Network having each other's backs OR that LoL turns perfectly nice, loving husbands into assholes

• Options

im sorry belasco

its terminal

its already over

@Blameless Cleric okay, hon, we've discussed the possibility of this before - is your go bag ready?

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    belasco i have never played lol and i am a husbando

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    what the fuck my iPhone keeps randomly "restarting" (going to a gray screen with the black apple logo for a minute and then returning to normal)

wtf is happening

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    I am sorry bel I can't take sides without knowing more particulars and I love you both this is tough for me ok

• Options
    while we're on the subject of league

if you guys don't check on the league thread here or look at any league news really

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/game-features/hud-update

new hud looks pretty fuckin' nice

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

im sorry belasco

its terminal

Some kind of rube goldberg device with a boxing glove that punches the person in the dick everytime the caps lock key is pressed

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    belasco i have never played lol and i am a husbando

Do not play, it's a disease!

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Belasco-san why don't you just register Spool for OFA (Obama For America) emails and just let him slowly snap on his own.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

im sorry belasco

its terminal

its already over

@Blameless Cleric okay, hon, we've discussed the possibility of this before - is your go bag ready?

yes

I can have us on a plane to Australia in under twelve hours
    or, y'know, we can go to gangan's

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

im sorry belasco

its terminal

its already over

You guys have go bags?

Man, I need to move to the south

Or more rural north

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Double hilariously I finished my plat promo series with the same champ and position - Jungle Warwick - as he complained of the time before

"OMG NO GANK TIL 330"

Yeah fuck you, try not not to feed til then

Please tell me you @ posted the fuck out of them.
    But yeah, MOBAs as a genre of game where you're frequently locked into a game for at least 30min that is at a fail-state at the 5min mark due to the actions of one out of the five teammates

Not good

Pretty much. I've said before that the salt isn't surprising considering the game mechanics are designed to make people assholes. You can often point to a specific person who ruined the entire match due to doing something they should have known not to do, which you specifically asked them not to do, and which will make the next half hour totally miserable. GG no re.

HOTS fixes a lot of that by reducing the benefit for early kills, eliminating single lane failure states, and eliminating multiplicative carry scaling though. :heartbeat:

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    what the fuck my iPhone keeps randomly "restarting" (going to a gray screen with the black apple logo for a minute and then returning to normal)

wtf is happening

It's dying.

You can try backing up and restoring it but if it keeps doing that, it's kicked the bucket. If it's new (less than 1 year) or under applecare, it'll be painless to replace. If not, prepare your $600 and get in line.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i don't snap at the lady when i play games but she also knows when i'm playing a game because she can hear me grunting and muttering, "mother. fucker." under my breath and stuff

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I am sorry bel I can't take sides without knowing more particulars and I love you both this is tough for me ok

why take one of their sides when you can take your own side

this is what FO:NV taught me

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Belasco-san why don't you just register Spool for OFA (Obama For America) emails and just let him slowly snap on his own.

brilliant!

...except I think I'll make him a supporter of Hillary for President *cackles manically*

Also!
    he secretly likes Obama

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

wtf is happening

its-happening-paul.gif

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options

soooo, what I'm hearing here is either the Good Ol' Boy Network having each other's backs OR that LoL turns perfectly nice, loving husbands into assholes

the thing about mobas is

it creates this atmosphere of

fuck these 4 strangers need me to not fucking afk at any point or i am screwing them over

literally strapping them over a wooden horse and setting phasers to butthole if i am not there when a teamfight could break out at any moment

i'm not excusing any reactions you may have run into but this is what it does to people

• Options

im sorry belasco

its terminal

its already over

You guys have go bags?

Man, I need to move to the south

Or more rural north

It's usually for sleepovers!

A-and flights

(actually I'm just reliably lazy enough to have never unpacked at least one bag since my last flight)

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    @Bowen wait are you making a game, and like in the stage where you're really just thinking about what kind of game to create?

We're doing a lot of back end stuff at the moment.

You'd be surprised at just how much of a game can be recycled, even between different genres.

We have an idea of what we want to do, but, we'll see.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Gim wrote: »

hmm, but that might also fuck up my gaming, which is totally reasonable - in part because I can just hit pause ffs

• Options
    yeah but it's so fun when you stomp your lane on an assassin and just run around deleting everyone off the map

maybe that's why I prefer lol to hots

I p much only play assassins

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    You're going about this the wrong way. If they get banned, they'll just make another account and the cycle will continue.

No, you must destroy their very desire to play to begin with.

When they begin playing, pull up a chair beside them and watch intently. Make sure that you repress any knowledge you may have about the game; refer to champions in pedestrian terms ("the woman with the sword, the small squirrelly one") while assigning bizarre levels of importance to more banal aspects (urge them to save the cannon minions so they can hurt the buildings, or to hide in the bushes so they can't be seen). Regularly ask how they win the game, and ask how they're doing. Remain supportive, but in an ignorant manner; cheer whenever they recall or when a teammate steals their kill. Once you get to know a few characters, try and recommend they play ones that you like for superficial reasons ("the goat lady has nice hair"). Occasionally say "isn't this a bit violent" in a disapproving tone.

Also, abuse psychological tactics. Innocently provide them with rewards (chocolate perhaps) whenever they stop playing, or turn the thermostat down whenever they start.

Parenting 101.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

wtf is happening

It's dying.

You can try backing up and restoring it but if it keeps doing that, it's kicked the bucket. If it's new (less than 1 year) or under applecare, it'll be painless to replace. If not, prepare your $600 and get in line.

Might also be the text of doom.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    i don't snap at the lady when i play games but she also knows when i'm playing a game because she can hear me grunting and muttering, "mother. fucker." under my breath and stuff

I mean, I don't yell and swear cuz I am an adult but I definitely have gotten terse a few times

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

A friend of mine actually saw the LoL community manager person talk at a psych conference about how they're trying to make things less asshole-inducing. It's interesting stuff! Obviously MOBAs are a compelling format, but also one that really drives people to frustration.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    You're going about this the wrong way. If they get banned, they'll just make another account and the cycle will continue.

No, you must destroy their very desire to play to begin with.

When they begin playing, pull up a chair beside them and watch intently. Make sure that you repress any knowledge you may have about the game; refer to champions in pedestrian terms ("the woman with the sword, the small squirrelly one") while assigning bizarre levels of importance to more banal aspects (urge them to save the cannon minions so they can hurt the buildings, or to hide in the bushes so they can't be seen). Regularly ask how they win the game, and ask how they're doing. Remain supportive, but in an ignorant manner; cheer whenever they recall or when a teammate steals their kill. Once you get to know a few characters, try and recommend they play ones that you like for superficial reasons ("the goat lady has nice hair"). Occasionally say "isn't this a bit violent" in a disapproving tone.

Also, abuse psychological tactics. Innocently provide them with rewards (chocolate perhaps) whenever they stop playing, or turn the thermostat down whenever they start.

Parenting 101.

Jesus christ Bethryn

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I'm laughing but also completely terrified

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I think it's Destiny o'clock.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

Wrote a script that donaes 5 dollars to Hilary for America everytime he gets a teemo kill

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Banner time.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.