As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hatch Green [chat]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    ...Xrd?

hnnngh

X-Ray Diffraction

They crystallize the fighters and then hit them with x-rays and calculate their 3D structure, weird way to make a fighter but I guess it works

XrD, then

ftOqU21.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    There is this guy, I would like to lose him. I have a ten day deadline. Please advise.

Force him into a 10 day Romcom viewing marathon. He will leave voluntary within the first 5 movies.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Bowen wait are you making a game, and like in the stage where you're really just thinking about what kind of game to create?

We're doing a lot of back end stuff at the moment.

You'd be surprised at just how much of a game can be recycled, even between different genres.

We have an idea of what we want to do, but, we'll see.

That's really neat!

I have to say I really love Darkest Dungeon/FTL/Etc style dungeon crawling with crew. Not even necessarily the roguelite aspects, I just love having people. The XCOM effect of just being like "Oh no, Jenkiiiiins!"

@durandal4532 , we're trying to work out a medieval rougelike D2 crawler type game but we're not sure if that's the direction we want to take it. Kind of like those old D&D games like eye of the beholder where you'd control 3-4 people. I guess that's kind of like FTL? Never really played it so hard to say.

There were talks about a medieval survival demon game instead of d2, but with the same gameplay you'd expect from D2.

Then we talked about making a colonization new world survival game instead.

We're not really sure which direction we want to take it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Crossing the atlantic would be fun some day.

I need to get a boat.

ftOqU21.png
    729x.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I need to get a boat.

Planes can make the trip nowadays!

I was there in St John's to see Alcock and Brown off, so I should know.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    my sister asked me to send her on my cv but in .docx

FUCK MICROSOFT WORD

jesus christ this is painful

BeNarwhal wrote: »

I need to get a boat.

being inside of planes is awful though

ftOqU21.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    How is it already June 4? What happened to June 1-3?

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Good morning, bros

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

FUCK MICROSOFT WORD

I send resumes (and 95% of all important docs) as pdfs because then you are more or less guaranteed that the other person can't edit it and it looks the same on any OS and comes out of a printer neatly.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I am glad I posted that
    Thx for discussing

I am just consuming your discussion not contributing cuz I am tired

poo
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    How is it already June 4? What happened to June 1-3?

time-paradox.jpg

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Docx is a good format

Much better than doc

Odtmight be better, I am undecided

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

FUCK MICROSOFT WORD

I send resumes (and 95% of all important docs) as pdfs because then you are more or less guaranteed that the other person can't edit it and it looks the same on any OS and comes out of a printer neatly.

oh this is so she can edit it and stuff

i'd just much prefer to send her on a tex document or something

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

I need to get a boat.

being inside of planes is awful though

I disagree with your opinion on this matter, but respect your feelings and your willingness to seek alternatives to accomplish your goal of transatlantic travel!

(This is the meanest a Canadian has ever been, I apologize.)

now I really want to play a game centered around seafaring

there's not enough of those

ftOqU21.png
    sunless sea will do.

although I'm not really a huge fan of top down perspective

ftOqU21.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

FUCK MICROSOFT WORD

Now, that I can appreciate

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am not a 100% fan of Chait's article. I think he takes it to the extreme the other way but doesn't mean the basic point isn't true.

Understanding identity issues when doing social science can be important. But I don't believe it is the end all be all and fuck people who are too self absorb that findings or discussions of different views or opinions offend them. Or that discussions of offensive or controversial views makes them scream that the other person is wrong for lacking the right titles.

That is doing a lot of the same stuff other control groups have done through out history. Saying they aren't proletariat enough or left enough or true to the party or whatever.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I think I want to add Diocletian's Palace to my tourist bucket list.

I also think most folks who focus on titles and identifiers have probably less of a background in studying purges in China under than I do.

u7stthr17eud.png
    A top ten greatest rulers of all time list has Odysseus as #9

Um

edited June 2015
    Gaius Baltar is on this episode of Arrow.

How bout that

Apothe0sis on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    ...Xrd?

hnnngh

X-Ray Diffraction

They crystallize the fighters and then hit them with x-rays and calculate their 3D structure, weird way to make a fighter but I guess it works

XrD, then

XRD

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

FUCK MICROSOFT WORD

Get ready for job applications that require docx format!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Gaius Baltar is on this episode of Arrow.

How bout that

But who was Gains Baltar? His workout-fixated cousin?

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    ...Xrd?

hnnngh

X-Ray Diffraction

XrD, then

XRD

Typing XRD into google literally gives diffraction on the left, Guilty gear on the right.

Could be worse of course, the website for the RZA, the Dutch healthcare for asylumseekers, is on the second page if you type in rza. First page is all Wu.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    greetings my little marijuanas

how goes strugle

obF2Wuw.png
    Also discovered today my left shoe has a hole somewhere that sucks in water.

Shoe is drying and my foot is out so the sock can dry.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    I like the attitude behind "once you sell out you're sold out"
    Being a good person is about never doing something that's not something a good person would do

Never walk by somebody who might need help, never cheat on anybody, never be the guy anybody cheats on somebody with. Also other rules but those are the ones most relevant to me and my life.

First time I fail, that's it. Then I'm just a relatively okay person all things taken into consideration. Honour once lost cannot be regained. It is a useful way to think because thinking "I've done well all those other times" is an ensaring thought, and it is easy to think that not seeing if that guy needs help this one time is okay because I'm so tired and I helped all those othet times
    Jane Eyre wrote:
    Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth?

Principles never tested are worth nothing

It is no badge of honour never having done wrong if you've never wanted to

i find this way of thinking to be horrible, personally

I can't brag about having resisted the pull of shooting up since heroin has never held an appeal

Specifically the "Being a good person is about never doing something that's not something a good person would do"

I find that a really shitty way to look at the world since there are plenty of mostly good, well meaning people who have at sometime in their lives done something wrong.

You don't learn by never making mistakes.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

how goes strugle

It is real.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

how goes strugle

I have destroyed many borgeois today

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    99120101126_SpaceMarineAssaultSquadUltra01.jpg

they just redid these scultps and i want them

but do i $80 want them

i don't know

it is not a particularly good unit

I can barely tell the difference except the sarge

You wouldn't notice much. Their legs got slimmer to match the re-sculpts on the tactical squads they did a few years back. The big difference is they come with a ton of bits to customize your stuff that the old ones did not.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    This new understanding of social justice politics resembles what University of Pennsylvania political science professor Adolph Reed Jr. calls a politics of personal testimony, in which the feelings of individuals are the primary or even exclusive means through which social issues are understood and discussed. Reed derides this sort of political approach as essentially being a non-politics, a discourse that "is focused much more on taxonomy than politics [which] emphasizes the names by which we should call some strains of inequality [ ... ] over specifying the mechanisms that produce them or even the steps that can be taken to combat them." Under such a conception, people become more concerned with signaling goodness, usually through semantics and empty gestures, than with actually working to effect change.

I am in love with this Vox article.

That was also my favourite bit

what no the most important part is where he proves comunisticistism is wrong!!!!!!
    I was communistical, the student felt, and everyone knows that communisticism is wrong.

obF2Wuw.png
    TL DR wrote: »
    I like the attitude behind "once you sell out you're sold out"
    Being a good person is about never doing something that's not something a good person would do

Never walk by somebody who might need help, never cheat on anybody, never be the guy anybody cheats on somebody with. Also other rules but those are the ones most relevant to me and my life.

First time I fail, that's it. Then I'm just a relatively okay person all things taken into consideration. Honour once lost cannot be regained. It is a useful way to think because thinking "I've done well all those other times" is an ensaring thought, and it is easy to think that not seeing if that guy needs help this one time is okay because I'm so tired and I helped all those othet times
    Jane Eyre wrote:
    Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth?

Principles never tested are worth nothing

It is no badge of honour never having done wrong if you've never wanted to

i find this way of thinking to be horrible, personally

I can't brag about having resisted the pull of shooting up since heroin has never held an appeal

Specifically the "Being a good person is about never doing something that's not something a good person would do"

I find that a really shitty way to look at the world since there are plenty of mostly good, well meaning people who have at sometime in their lives done something wrong.

You don't learn by never making mistakes.

um ive never made a mistake or done anything imoral...

obF2Wuw.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    You wouldn't notice much. Their legs got slimmer to match the re-sculpts on the tactical squads they did a few years back. The big difference is they come with a ton of bits to customize your stuff that the old ones did not.

I don't even give an incredulous laugh when I see their price tags any longer.

I'm happy with Infinity and Warmahordes.

Speaking of Warmahordes, seems Supreme Aptimus Zaal died in the fluff.

Not that he let that stop him.

ugWxFkX.jpg

how goes strugle

The revolution goes on.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Echo wrote: »

I don't even give an incredulous laugh when I see their price tags any longer.

I'm happy with Infinity and Warmahordes.

Speaking of Warmahordes, seems Supreme Aptimus Zaal died in the fluff.

Not that he let that stop him.

ugWxFkX.jpg

Warmahordes and GW are almost 1:1 re: pricing, it's just the model counts that crank the price up.

This discussion has been closed.