As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hatch Green [chat]

19495969798100»

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Morning [chat] folks. Had my testing last night and passed. :D I am now a red/black belt so in a few months I'll be testing for black belt. Overall the test went great except for me flubbing on my paper cutting the first time. Nailed it on my second try and our grand master made a joke of being nervous even though I had done lots of cutting in front of people during our demos. Also complimented me saying I was a leader for the class which was...really nice to hear.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Paper cutting?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Geth, sometimes I get the feeling that you Awesome things completely at random.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    greetings my little marijuanas

how goes strugle

excellente

back at the gym after having taken May off (spoiler: I'm dying Squirtle)

felt inspired re: poi for the first time in awhile and did some good leveling up last night, grinding stall combos and direction changes in antispin flowers

Emancipator Ensemble's live album is out today for $pay-what-you-want

how u, mon dieu

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

syndalis wrote: »
    This new understanding of social justice politics resembles what University of Pennsylvania political science professor Adolph Reed Jr. calls a politics of personal testimony, in which the feelings of individuals are the primary or even exclusive means through which social issues are understood and discussed. Reed derides this sort of political approach as essentially being a non-politics, a discourse that "is focused much more on taxonomy than politics [which] emphasizes the names by which we should call some strains of inequality [ ... ] over specifying the mechanisms that produce them or even the steps that can be taken to combat them." Under such a conception, people become more concerned with signaling goodness, usually through semantics and empty gestures, than with actually working to effect change.

I am in love with this Vox article.

I agree very strongly with this article. It is very easy to find the right words to use to seem progressive in the new social justice while ignoring all the substantive issues. I suspect there are tons of people that feel they are very progressive and enlightened solely because they are "good" enough to use the right words to avoid offense, despite doing nothing to actually change the status quo, or even neccesarikit wanting it to change.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I would have to read the Vox article, but part of the emphasis on language, to me, seems because our world is far more textual than it was 50 years ago. Almost all of our communication is done via text. Language absolutely frames issues in important ways, and mastery of that is a pretty key skill in today's world.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I would have to read the Vox article, but part of the emphasis on language, to me, seems because our world is far more textual than it was 50 years ago. Almost all of our communication is done via text. Language absolutely frames issues in important ways, and mastery of that is a pretty key skill in today's world.

Article isn't talking about that.

It is more the focus on identity above all else and that the idea that one must not offend groups no matter the idea. It is less about the use of language you are talking about.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Paper cutting?

This sort of paper cutting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ZTqSVbS5w

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

But not fonts. Those are meaningless.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Warmahordes and GW are almost 1:1 re: pricing, it's just the model counts that crank the price up.

I don't pay $80 (assuming USD) for five minis. Then again, there's no customizing with bits in Warmahordes.

• Options
    edited June 2015

But not fonts. Those are meaningless.

I love that people have clung to that argument considering how those same people kept telling me to change it and I was eventually banned for it.

But no, fonts do not matter.

*stares into sun for eternity*

Vanguard on
  • Options
    @vanguard - shadowland is so bad. Crazy that they followed years of detailed character work with having Daredevil be possessed by a ninja demon. . .

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Warmahordes and GW are almost 1:1 re: pricing, it's just the model counts that crank the price up.

I don't pay $80 (assuming USD) for five minis. Then again, there's no customizing with bits in Warmahordes.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cygnar/units/storm-lances

you don't?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

yes i hav mastir langwij n txt lern frm me br0s

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

syndalis wrote: »
    This new understanding of social justice politics resembles what University of Pennsylvania political science professor Adolph Reed Jr. calls a politics of personal testimony, in which the feelings of individuals are the primary or even exclusive means through which social issues are understood and discussed. Reed derides this sort of political approach as essentially being a non-politics, a discourse that "is focused much more on taxonomy than politics [which] emphasizes the names by which we should call some strains of inequality [ ... ] over specifying the mechanisms that produce them or even the steps that can be taken to combat them." Under such a conception, people become more concerned with signaling goodness, usually through semantics and empty gestures, than with actually working to effect change.

I am in love with this Vox article.

I agree very strongly with this article. It is very easy to find the right words to use to seem progressive in the new social justice while ignoring all the substantive issues. I suspect there are tons of people that feel they are very progressive and enlightened solely because they are "good" enough to use the right words to avoid offense, despite doing nothing to actually change the status quo, or even neccesarikit wanting it to change.

You seem to be projecting. The author is venting about people who know the right words to signal substance-agnostic emotional outrage, not about people who avoid offending others by use of politically correct words.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    FONTS AND CASE MATTER HOLY SHIT

I WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE

AND YOU WILL LOSE BECAUSE YOU'RE A WUSS

:so_raven:

tyrannus on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    greetings my little marijuanas

how goes strugle

excellente

back at the gym after having taken May off (spoiler: I'm dying Squirtle)

felt inspired re: poi for the first time in awhile and did some good leveling up last night, grinding stall combos and direction changes in antispin flowers

Emancipator Ensemble's live album is out today for $pay-what-you-want

how u, mon dieu

i am dickin around with sum music theory and doin sum coding and reading aboot hume and marijuanas

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    http://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Ten-Man-Assault-Squad

Nice models but damn. $140 for an assault squad? I remember when that cost $35.

• Options
    @vanguard - shadowland is so bad. Crazy that they followed years of detailed character work with having Daredevil be possessed by a ninja demon. . .

Dude, you don't even know. My FLCS in Boulder had all of the back issues for the series. I bought issue #1 - all the way through the end of the Brubaker run for something like $70 at the time (I also had most of it in hardcover for easier reading). Daredevil, under the hands of Bendis and Brubaker was consistently the best comic book that Marvel had been putting out for more than 10 years. It was so much bigger than a superhero comic and the way that Alex Maleev and Michael Lark brought Marvel's NYC to life is, in my opinion, unrivaled in visual storytelling.

And then Andy Diggle comes in flushes everything down the toilet in like 3 issues.

I was so mad I sold everything.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Gethodosian's walls shall protect us from the Animes.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

you don't?

Those aren't equivalent to space marine infantry. Let's compare something of matching size: $116 for six.

• Options

that's AU prices. Boxes are $41, up from $33.

• Options

thats australia tax

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ten-Man-Assault-Squad

$82 for da states

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    They're also known as Jacobletian's Walls, for Jacobkoshius commissioned Gethodosius to build them.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Next [chat]'s gonna be about butts

Possibly the #kicking thereof

• Options

that's AU prices. Boxes are $41, up from $33.

That's a relief.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    They're also known as Jacobletian's Walls, for Jacobkoshius commision Gethodosius to build them.

Some say that the Annimans will be too strong to be held back, even for those walls.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

you don't?

Those aren't equivalent to space marine infantry. Let's compare something of matching size: $116 for six.

those models are so quake 2 i luv it

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    They're also known as Jacobletian's Walls, for Jacobkoshius commision Gethodosius to build them.

Some say that the Annimans will be too strong to be held back, even for those walls.

Not until they develop Gundampowder based artillery.

• Options

Dude, you don't even know. My FLCS in Boulder had all of the back issues for the series. I bought issue #1 - all the way through the end of the Brubaker run for something like $70 at the time (I also had most of it in hardcover for easier reading). Daredevil, under the hands of Bendis and Brubaker was consistently the best comic book that Marvel had been putting out for more than 10 years. It was so much bigger than a superhero comic and the way that Alex Maleev and Michael Lark brought Marvel's NYC to life is, in my opinion, unrivaled in visual storytelling.

And then Andy Diggle comes in flushes everything down the toilet in like 3 issues.

I was so mad I sold everything.

I started with Bendis and the Bendis-Brubaker run was so amazing. Definitely one of the best things I've read. Fucking Diggle.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 3.8

@Abdhyius will create the new thread
    @surrealitycheck is backup

This discussion has been closed.