As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Weight Loss and Fitness: Repent, for Swimsuit Season Is Nigh

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    v0yeral165ki.png
    rjbn019byu7t.png

Do you mean something like this?

photo26.jpg

• Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Wedding in a month, gotta go full throttle on the heathiness.

I'm looking for good veggie ideas beyond my go to's of: Spinnach, Carrots, Celery, Asparigus, Bell Peppers, and Onions
    Please note that any answer related to brocolii or califlower will be ignored because those are gross and bad

Randy Butternubbs on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    @Didgeridoo, a little fancier, with bracing instead of concrete in buckets, but yeah.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    How did you make it yourself tube?

Please don't answer just with, tubes.

Wood, and buckets, and cement.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    The concrete is smart though, that'll dissipate a bunch of vibration

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    How did you make it yourself tube?

Please don't answer just with, tubes.

Tube said he isn't using buckets for his base, but here are some pretty simple but detailed instructions for making them yourself.

http://homemadestrength.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/more-than-just-squat-stands.html

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Wedding in a month, gotta go full throttle on the heathiness.

I'm looking for good veggie ideas beyond my go to's of: Spinnach, Carrots, Celery, Asparigus, Bell Peppers, and Onions
    Please note that any answer related to brocolii or califlower will be ignored because those are gross and bad

Bok Choy, Brussels Sprouts.

• FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    A friend said I looked like a dork wearing my new lifting belt so I sent this picture to prove that actually I'm the coolest
    oAllsMe.jpg?1

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    mushrooms, any chicory/endive/raddichio variants, kale varieties (cavalo nero is nice), artichokes

A friend said I looked like a dork wearing my new lifting belt so I sent this picture to prove that actually I'm the coolest
    oAllsMe.jpg?1

The good news is that you're blessed with a perceptive friend

tynic wrote: »
    mushrooms, any chicory/endive/raddichio variants, kale varieties (cavalo nero is nice), artichokes

Green beans, snap peas, pea shoots, radishes, arugula/other bitter salad greens, mustard greens, swiss chard, beets

Oh shit, are we doing gym fashion shots? I could do the best possible shot when I get home.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Just go to the vegetable section and start buying things.

@FrylockHolmes get on my level, you don't look nearly ridiculous enough to get swole
    DJdDCUpl.jpg

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I like your trampoline

Is that for plyos @Peen ?

Like a super depth jump

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    I am become the master of avoiding food traps, aww yiss

• TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    @Peen, is that a forehead compression cuff to reduce braindonitis?

National donut day today. FML.

Finally had more than three hours sleep so I am going for a goddamn run tonight.

...yay Friday ...

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    National donut day today. FML.

If Dwayne Johnson can eat like 287 pancakes on a cheat day, you can have a donut or two without losing all your gainz.

Between poutine, beaver tails and national donut day I am now psychologically prepared to cut.

@Dead Legend Nah it's my step aerobics trampoline, gotta keep those lbs off

@TheRealBadger No it protects my achilles tendons, gotta compress upstream and downstream ya know?

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I can't express how happy I am that it takes me about 30-45 minutes to get to a beaver tail establishment.
    I'd be so much fatter.

I don't think I could ever actually eat another beaver tail. It was tasty, but traumatic.

Which did you get though? I always got the cinnamon sugar one and not one of the super heavy chocolate sauce and reeses or some such ones.

• GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    I don't think I could ever actually eat another beaver tail. It was tasty, but traumatic.

There is a gas station about 45 minutes away from me that is right next to a company office. They make the most amazing donuts and especially bear claws. These bear claws are the size of my head. Thankfully i only go up there once a year to help teach a course. I would be so damn fat if I worked in that office.

sierracrest.jpg
  • FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    I just noticed that myfitnesspal has items in the food database with calorie counts that don't actually add up properly when you look at the macronutrients listed.

Kinda thinking I might just go back to writing down my food log in a notepad app or something instead.

I deny you shitty airport food

I say thee nay

I admire your willpower but can't subscribe to your teachings.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I had some mcdonalds

the thing about giving up fast food is once you haven't eaten it for like 10 years you realize just how disgusting it is

tynic wrote: »
    I admire your willpower but can't subscribe to your teachings.

My secret is that I snuck apples and some cheese through security

It's a really nice sharp cheddar too, yummm

Psykoma wrote: »
    Which did you get though? I always got the cinnamon sugar one and not one of the super heavy chocolate sauce and reeses or some such ones.

I got a cheesecake one which was gross and I didn't really eat it. Then I got a cookies and cream one that was super rich. Tasty, but I walked away going "ok that's enough of that"

Oh yeah those are way too heavy in one food thing
    the cinnamon sugar one though I could eat for days

Luckily the beaver tail place is super far out so I won't be tempted to go back too often

my roommate announced that they want to go for beaver tails today. fml.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    my roommate announced that they want to go for beaver tails today. fml.
    eh, you held out for 12 minutes, that's a good start

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I got another minute off my running time, whoo!

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Do cheat days really not have that big an impact on a diet?

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.