As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uncle Chincy's Story Corner [How's your day thread]

13»

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Also for take out a good rule of thumb for tipping is dollar per entree

So you got three plates of food? 3 bucks

It's pretty easy that way

Yeah lately I've been doing something similar to this for takeout

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What about buffets? I'm not one for leaving much of a tip if all they do is get my drink for me.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Don't they clear your plates when you're done with them? I know I usually get more than 1 plate, and they come by and clear that plate for me as well as refilling drinks.

Not normally no. You take your plates up to a specified area in every one I've been at which admittedly tho hasn't been in years. I've also never seen one where they refill drinks either; you do it yourself.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I prefer refilling my own drink.

• Options
    Oh, I guess it depends on the buffet place I guess.

I guess

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    just only tip if the waiter has a nice ass/massive package

there solved for all

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Basically if someone 'waits' on me I tip

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Basically if someone 'waits' on me I tip

:winky:

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    just only tip if the waiter has a nice ass/massive package

there solved for all

Just the tip?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Sometimes, if you tip well enough at a bar you visit often you are gunna notice your kindly bartender knocking some drinks off your tab. Which is really like the best investment.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    Sometimes, if you tip well enough at a bar you visit often you are gunna notice your kindly bartender knocking some drinks off your tab. Which is really like the best investment.

I miss this from my college bar so much

I tipped 15 bucks?

oh weird my 80 dollar tab is like 30 now

• Options
    Yeah it's absurd how many folks don't tip in bars. Well in general bar etiquette leaves a lot to be desired. So if you are a good patron they treat you real well.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah it's absurd how many folks don't tip in bars. Well in general bar etiquette leaves a lot to be desired. So if you are a good patron they treat you real well.

Chincy's bar rule:

1 dollar per drink OR

if you've been there all night

just tip like 15 bucks itll be fine

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    On the subject of Munchkin would I have fun playing that game if I'm the sort of evil jackass who plays in a way to maximize chaos and winning is secondary? In Dominion I'm the one handing out Curses like candy and caused a house rule to be put in place where Moat is required to be part of any game's set after my shenanigans.
    My entire deck was built around destroying anything more valuable than Copper pieces, giving everyone as many Curses as the game physically had cards for, and forcing random discards from the hand or deck. There were no Moats as part of the set so they had to sit there and take it.

• Options
    I have a scaling system. But generally 50 cents per beer, dollar per mixed drink, and then probably two dollars plus on specialty cocktails. These increase depending on how busy the bartenders look to be/if there's a show/and how long I'm there. If they knock a drink off my tab I pretty much always pay for it in the tip.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Actually I have a tipping question

What about Microbreweries with Tasting liscences

this basically means you are going to a warehouse with maybe a few tables set up, and they are allowed to serve you like 3 beers or so

they are usually brewers or other staff who's job is not normally 'bartender'

tips or no tips?

• Options
    Tip I'd say. Though all of our microbreweries have actual bars attached if not in the actual brewery. So I might be thinking of a completely different thing.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Tip I'd say. Though all of our microbreweries have actual bars attached if not in the actual brewery. So I might be thinking of a completely different thing.

Most of the ones here are like a small space set up in the building and they don't have actual liquor licenses so they can only serve x amount

its a real weird fringe situation but I go like once a weeks so I was curious what people thought

• Options
    Oh man. Here in Arkansas we have the bonkers wet/dry liquor laws. Basically this is the first town I've lived in that you can buy alcohol. And we can't on Sundays. But if you drive fifteen minutes you can get it on Sundays in the adjacent town. Or stay in town and get a growler from a brewery. Another town you can have liquor stores but no bars. Pretty sure there's another town you can beer and not liquor. Annnnd it's a mess.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So I am finally getting my prescription filled.

Only took three weeks of jumping through hoops calling the doctors office and the pharmacy.

• Options
    Bar tips

Don't go to bars. They are loud and dark and full of drunk people.

But that's just my two cents.

• Options
    Bars are great

Don't go to clubs

• Options
    Bars are great

Don't go to clubs

I'll stay out of both. That seems like a good plan.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    15% tip

e-z

(I'll waver between 10 and 20 depending on the service, but in general tipping the amount that is tax is usually pretty fair up here, and I like to tip a bit above that)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I miss my old neighborhood bar. I could hit up happy hour on a weekday and it wouldn't be crowded. Except for Tuesdays. Tuesdays were Bacon Night, where you got baskets of bacon for free at the bar.

Hell of a theme night

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    What's up, nerrrrrrrdssssss

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    What's up, nerrrrrrrdssssss

I'm sitting outside a brewery waiting for them to open up

It is raining heavily and gross

But there's beer in there!

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    if you order 4 custom lattes, each one so different that I can't even use the same milk to make them, and I'm the only person behind the counter, and there's a line of ten people behind you

please tip

even just like, a dollar

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Also never tip less than a dollar. Handing me the .03 back in a 2.97 transaction and saying "keep the change" sounds like "go fuck yourself" in my head

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Bars are great

Don't go to clubs

Clubs are great. You get to dance and kiss cute boys.

And if you were clever you pre-gamed across the street so you aren't dropping $20 on three beers! Whee!

• Options
    You know who should avoid clubs?

Baby seals

• Options
    I go to the bar that all the bartenders go to as well. Generally the least packed and best serviced. Pretty good place.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    I'm too old for clubs now, but I've never really liked them

Too many people and too much "I am here to hook up" vibes

• Options
    You know not liking bars and clubs basically makes it impossible to find somewhere to go on weekends.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    You know not liking bars and clubs basically makes it impossible to find somewhere to go on weekends.

There's always laser tag.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm sitting in class

after class I'm going back to work for a couple hours

Then I will go home, where I will cook dinner, though I'm not quite sure what I'll make

exciting times

I had the realization today that for right now I'm either at school or at one of my jobs every day of the week.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Update the bird is still in the store

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    On the subject of Munchkin would I have fun playing that game if I'm the sort of evil jackass who plays in a way to maximize chaos and winning is secondary? In Dominion I'm the one handing out Curses like candy and caused a house rule to be put in place where Moat is required to be part of any game's set after my shenanigans.
    My entire deck was built around destroying anything more valuable than Copper pieces, giving everyone as many Curses as the game physically had cards for, and forcing random discards from the hand or deck. There were no Moats as part of the set so they had to sit there and take it.

that's how I play dominion, too! never play to win; play to PUNISH

ikbUJdU.jpg
This discussion has been closed.