As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] Dead of Winter - Raiding party is over!

1121314151618»

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I should have studied the map more. I thought we would have one last round.

My objective was real tricky though: have 2 guns equipped and 3 (non-starting) medicine cards when the survivors lose. With the main objective and starting survivors, the 2 objectives we had to camp were pretty much auto picked and I couldn't move away without suspicion. Losing one of my survivors first turn was a setback, then I wasted another turn searching for a gun at the station that wasn't there. I was hoping I would get lucky and get 3 medicine at the hospital the last turn and be able to tank the final crises.

Mikey must have had a doozey objective. I almost thought the host had made a mistake and there were TWO traitors. I was hoping to exile him, but it did throw suspicion off me.
    You should not go to PS this turn, everyone would understand if you started searching in hospital. There is some food and junk there too.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Some of those objectives are blatantly easier than the others o_O

Yeah, there's one where you have to get like, a gun, a book, medicine, food, and junk all collected by the end or something like that. Maybe fuel too.

• Options
    Some of those objectives are blatantly easier than the others o_O
    Yep. El Skid could just sleep all day :)

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Yeah I almost missed it cause I was the only person taking care of the general maintenance tasks of the colony.

That alone should have immediately dissauded anyone from think I was the betrayer. It is in the betrayers interest to let the trash build up and let zombies just swarm the outter walls.

Oh dude @Void Slayer I am so sorry... those Crises we hit really scrweed you over.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    The food hoarder is one of the worst cause the colony is always gonna need food. There is never a moment when they don't always need food.

• Options
    @Daemonis thank you for the game.

I got a little screwed over with the early death but thankfully my objective was managable.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    @Daemonis for sure, thanks! I really appreciate your doing this for our amusement.

Sorry so many non-traitors ended up missing their VC, though I am doubtful we would have made it another day, barring an easy crisis.

I DO feel a little bad for having probably the easiest secret objective in the game...though not TOO bad haha :)

I really don't know where we turned it around so... authoritatively. I was sure we were going down to the wire at best, and then I looked at an updated board, did a double take, and went "Holy shit!" :o

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I wonder what the other main objectives look like. The raiding one feels a little restrictive. Feels like the game really would have opened up a lot more if we got to bounce around to whatever locations we wanted.

My take: it's an interesting concept and I'm glad I got to play (thanks, Daemonis!). I like the direction it tries to take the traitor genre in. My reservation is the balance between the objectives. It feels a little Twilight Imperium-ishy where it might be weighted too heavily on the luck of your starting hidden objective.

• Options
    In longer games the objectives even out a bit, from what i recall. We ran a short scenario and it really felt very fast.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I don't think any amount of length is going to balance out the ease of the "have 4 cards" objective :p

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    My objective was real tricky though: have 2 guns equipped and 3 (non-starting) medicine cards when the survivors lose. With the main objective and starting survivors, the 2 objectives we had to camp were pretty much auto picked and I couldn't move away without suspicion. Losing one of my survivors first turn was a setback, then I wasted another turn searching for a gun at the station that wasn't there. I was hoping I would get lucky and get 3 medicine at the hospital the last turn and be able to tank the final crises.

MrBody as an observer who has played this game once before, you probably could've gotten away with going to the hospital by saying you needed to be there for your secret objective. It'd be technically true, even! The likelihood that someone knows the victory conditions well enough to realize that's a traitor vc seems pretty low, and that's assuming that there isn't a regular vc that requires medicine or whatnot.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Whelp, good game.

I had like 5 medicine at the end of the game. How much food did you have MrBody? I think we took each other's objectives.

I really should have used my other outsider card and made myself look heeeeeellla suspicious on my last double turn to try and get you guys to vote me out or at least grab my food.

I should also not have used my starting 2 food cards and let the rest of you pick up the slack, oh well.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    If we did not lose those two moral right at the beginning I could have let us starve also.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Who is up for another game? :)

• Options
    Sparky hungers.

• Options
    I mean yes...

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Sure, why not? :)

• Options
    May be next week....

• Options
    I know there were others looking to get in so put me as a Reserve

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I'd like to be put in the queue for next game, if you decide to run another game.

Edit: Alternatively, is this on vassal\steam tabletop? I would be down for playing a game over those if there was interest.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Edit: Alternatively, is this on vassal\steam tabletop? I would be down for playing a game over those if there was interest.
    Have no idea. Let me know if it is, please

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Not on Vassal. There is a "Dead of Winter" but it's some Civil War game.