As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VROOOM PSH VRROOOOOM [Car thread]

19495969798100»

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Come to the dark side and buy an Evo. So I can have at least one Evo friend.

My future brother in law has an Evo.. 7? 8? 7. (..8?) He put less stiff suspension on it when he got it.. it's still super crashy on rough roads. Quick though.

Is it an import or Australian delivered? His shock absorbers might be fucked.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Come to the dark side and buy an Evo. So I can have at least one Evo friend.

My future brother in law has an Evo.. 7? 8? 7. (..8?) He put less stiff suspension on it when he got it.. it's still super crashy on rough roads. Quick though.

Is it an import or Australian delivered? His shock absorbers might be fucked.

Not sure, and they were replaced too as far as I know. The damping seems fine, it's just all real stiff. It wasn't the stock suspension that came off it.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    What did he put in it, stocks or aftermarket?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Late but can verify the golf GTI is a fun car. Great on hills and corners, great mileage (though I have the diesel which is probably better than the petrol)

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Given that this is page 100, this thread will be locked soon and it'll be the last time Ipse's name will appear on the front page.

I'm not sure what else to say beyond that you're still missed.

• Options
    What did he put in it, stocks or aftermarket?

Afters I think, I don't know the details other than 'gee that's a stiff ride here I thought the Volvo was a bit silly it would be awful in Sydney'

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    @pimento Your future brother-in-law has good taste and is a good person.
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Evo...bwahahahahahahaha.

No.
    Wow, rude. You've made a powerful enemy this day, sirrah.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Sorry, I'm sorry....I still don't have all the WRX out of my blood yet.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/02/2016-ford-shelby-gt350-mustang-horsepower-torque-confirmed/

GT350 numbers are in. 526 HP / 429 lb-ft In a car that MSRPs for @ 50k

Krieghund on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Evo...bwahahahahahahaha.

No.

Though I agree, I wouldn't buy an end of life performance car either, especially the way Mitsubishi is floundering around in the states. It feels like they are going the way of Izuzu.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    FCA is delaying the release of at least a dozen platform updates/launches, while accelerating the timeline for the US Alfa Romeo launch, according to at least one parts supplier.

Embedding links on mobile is a pain so here's a link: http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0OI0C220150602?irpc=932

I'm all for accelerating the Alfa Romeo launch.

• Options
    Given that this is the 6th or 7th set of re-launch/revitalisation plans they've gone through in the past 10 years, it is good to see it actually approach fruition. Hopefully it's good and it works.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I've noticed that the couple of white Buick Veranos in the work parking lot have some obvious sooting above the exhaust. They don't have any turbo or T-type badging, so I'm going to assume they're using the 2.4L Ecotec engine. Seems like it could be a pretty widespread issue, I noticed one on the highway last night with the same sooting. Google doesn't really return much info on it. Just seems weird that a car/engine like that would produce so much soot.

jgeis on
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Evo...bwahahahahahahaha.

No.

Though I agree, I wouldn't buy an end of life performance car either, especially the way Mitsubishi is floundering around in the states. It feels like they are going the way of Izuzu.

I quite agree too, and in another life I'd have gone STI all day.

However, the Evo is actually what got me into cars in the first place. Back in the halcyon days of the original Gran Turismo, I stumbled across the Evo 4 and fell in love. Many years later when they actually started selling them in North America it became my goal to buy one, something I accomplished at the age of 27 through very aggressive saving. I did this despite knowing Mitsu was, even in 2010, slowly abandoning the NA market for seemingly no real reason. Anyone would be a fool to buy one in 2015.

Still, I felt I had to do it. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Not gonna lie, if I ever get a motorcycle I'll probably hum a song or two off the REDLINE soundtrack every time I ride

sure IpseDixit would appreciate that

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Evo...bwahahahahahahaha.

No.

I quite agree too, and in another life I'd have gone STI all day.

However, the Evo is actually what got me into cars in the first place. Back in the halcyon days of the original Gran Turismo, I stumbled across the Evo 4 and fell in love. Many years later when they actually started selling them in North America it became my goal to buy one, something I accomplished at the age of 27 through very aggressive saving. I did this despite knowing Mitsu was, even in 2010, slowly abandoning the NA market for seemingly no real reason. Anyone would be a fool to buy one in 2015.

Still, I felt I had to do it. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Evolutions are what got me into the import scene years ago. They are great cars and I love the newest design.

I'm really excited by all the good press the new Miata is getting. I really want to drive one.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Reviews for the Civic Type R are coming out, and it sounds like it's one hell of a car. I'd never be caught dead in one though when it looks like that, but there's always the GTI and R, Focus ST (eventual RS), or WRX and STI for similar money.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    intropintrop Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    In less-horsepower-y news, beep beep, motherfunsters:
    wQ3NhN8b__G-qIvcaD99pbpgxFS3sSFYs8j-e5E8HzB8gm2RO29Frcr_FbKjw8vfIt0CJBkvkrZ3ScI=w1561-h868
    (Not the WRX version, of course.)

introp on
    Steam ID: highentropy
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Put a hood scoop on it anyway

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Put a hood scoop on every car

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Put every hood scoop on Raijin's car.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Raijin, scoop every car in the hood.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm gonna get a carbon fiber hood with a massive scoop on it for the Tiguan.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    introp wrote: »
    T3ByubEsc0B3Biwny7e3o2XrzTMveKe3pf6i-tMCoCSHbZ1pJA3i0K6-F0Mlq-eqL2XNkFMeG5HZdhM=w1562-h868

Getting 403 forbidden on this.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnBrM1r1Svg

Someone linked this to me a couple months ago to make me cry on my insides. (that's bad)

• Options
    They misspelled 'Cocksport' in the logo there.

• Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Cars are expensive. Teleportation is a much better idea

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    Decius wrote: »
    introp wrote: »
    T3ByubEsc0B3Biwny7e3o2XrzTMveKe3pf6i-tMCoCSHbZ1pJA3i0K6-F0Mlq-eqL2XNkFMeG5HZdhM=w1562-h868

Getting 403 forbidden on this.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9DfAgKzE9quOWdROFhNN3VKTlE/view?usp=sharing

Man, stupid fronkin' internet. I think I fixed it in the post above. It's just a picture of our shiny new Impreza hatch. Given that, previously, the youngest car in the garage was 18 years old, I'm kinda geeked about it.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Congrats and welcome to the family.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Volkswagen family is better

• Options
    VW's are banned from our family garage due to an unending series of maintenance nightmares on a previous Jetta. :( I know modern VWs aren't from the same designers, but holy crap was that car an engineering nightmare of poor choices. It drove like it was on rails once most the suspension was replaced, though. We could never get the understeer out of it, but it was still a ton of fun!

• Options
    Volkswagen family is better

I don't agree with you on anything. This is a thing I've noticed.
    I mean, all of those things are inconsequential but still.

• Options
    I was joking mostly. I just love mine.

• Options
    I'm still super annoyed that you cheer for the Rangers.

And those new S3 special editions are annoying me. Like, 18 fucking grand for that, really?

This discussion has been closed.