As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is out NOW! See you guys in a thousand years!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative.
    O_o

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    rip shell game

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Fixes an issue where the sirens in the Lord of Undvik quest could be invincible.

oh hey right after i said fuck it and just finished the game

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative.
    O_o

My guess is that the Cow that spawns during "Tower Outta Nowheres" will now moo you to death.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I still actually think a lot of the "problems" in Gwent would disappear if you're playing against another human.

But cards that give card advantage are still going to be way too good.

I'd probably take one spy away from each of Nilfgaard and Northern Realms, maybe give one spy to monsters (Doppler!) and possibly Scoia'tael?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I think Gwent would be a way more broken game against a non AI opponent, personally

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Still nothing about that one person in distress where the bandit leader with the key doesn't spawn, sadly

Need that merchant for his Gwent cards

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Ooooh wanna see what that feels like

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Is that patch list the PC version or console one version? I am downloading the PS4 patch now but that list mentioned alt-tabbing.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i dunno /card game/ theory well but I think spies aren't actually as crucial as they seem?

at least, when playing against the ai, spies have rarely been the deciding factor

• Options
    If you're not playing against another deck with spies, then you don't need them. If you are, being at a potentially -4 card disadvantage is nearly impossible to recover from without some miraculous luck.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    zvzUGnB.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    i have had spies played against me a LOT and it's been rarely insurmountable

• Options
    zvzUGnB.jpg

NOW LETS RAVE

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Spies can be overcome with carefully played weather and excellent timing but it literally just puts more cards in your enemy's hand, it's pure advantage

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Card advantage is intensely important, and especially when you give them a crap card its a huge swing

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    They have not fixed my issue of every time I exit the menu Geralts clothes are wet.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Geralt "Sloppy Gums" of Rivia

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Spies can be overcome with carefully played weather and excellent timing but it literally just puts more cards in your enemy's hand, it's pure advantage

yeah i think the impact that weather cards and scorch have are way underestimated

i cruised through early game gwent with basically the starter deck and then I got the yennefer and ciri cards and the game was effectively over

working on completing my collection at this point

• Options
    At this point I just assume he puts water over himself every time he gets a chance.

• Options
    At this point I just assume he puts water over himself every time he gets a chance.

So Geralt is Roman Reigns?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Turn one as northern deck is drawing out as many cards as possible from your opponent and then passing soon as it looks like they could catch uo within 2 cards

Next two turns are abusing your card advantage

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Medic cards are excellent for some of the same reasons as spy cards, though they have unique advantages too

Outside of Avallac'h I'd say that the Yennefer card might be the single most effective card you can have in your deck

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I've recently taken to running a brute force deck with Northern realms and just using a bunch of weaker bond cards to win round one, get a card back with faction perk, and blowing all my hero cards round two

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    They have not fixed my issue of every time I exit the menu Geralts clothes are wet.
    working as intended

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I am thrilled about candles being turned off near chests...jebus but that was a pain in the rear.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    The game seems to be doing a better job of popping people in as you run. Previously when running in Novagrad I'd get somewhere then have to wait for people to appear.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    "A satisfying click.." has been my favorite line of Geralt dialogue so far.

• Options
    Medic cards are excellent for some of the same reasons as spy cards, though they have unique advantages too

Outside of Avallac'h I'd say that the Yennefer card might be the single most effective card you can have in your deck

Menno Coehoorn

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Shops now only offer weapons with levels matching or exceeding the player character level.

Nice, now there may be reason to not just go with witcher set gear.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

i'm partial to "Bear! Run! Run you stupid piece of shit!"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

Am I wrong when I say that spies your opponent gives you go into your graveyard? that's the real card advantage game with medics. That's some backbreaking shit.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Vitality begins to drop if Toxicity exceeds 80%, as originally intended.

So much for those silly decoction builds that made you invincible.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Menno Coehoorn

Yeah but Yen is neutral so she's a powerful card for EVERY deck, and an excellent defensive choice for Monster decks

Where the Hell is this

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This is a very good game to have when your internet is going out for 15 minutes every 20 minutes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Menno Coehoorn

Yeah but Yen is neutral so she's a powerful card for EVERY deck, and an excellent defensive choice for Monster decks

Where the Hell is this

pellar's goat, bloody baron questline

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular

get some antiperspirant, man

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Menno Coehoorn

Where the Hell is this

pellar's goat, bloody baron questline

Aw man
    I killed that bear before I even found Princess

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Yknow I found a goat named princess and haven't been able to figure out what it does

now I know!

This discussion has been closed.