As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Iron Babar: the King is Dead; Long Live the King!

1939495969799»

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I think I may need to give up on the idea of collecting the queen's / banner weapons. The axe has to fall somewhere. So many weapons collecting dust in the vault.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Well, managed to get the Hunter past 3 earlier today, and just did the "easy bounties" on my Titan who was rank 2...
    Emblem + Shader + Class Item + Tempered + Higher other class bonus = 375 rep per bounty :eek:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    alabasteralabaster Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Ugh, there are so many things I want to get done this weekend. I really want to get IB to rank 5 I need that etheric light. But I also want to buy the gauntlets and scout rifle Xur is selling, but I lack the strange coins to buy both so I need to farm strange coins. Additionally, I'm out of glimmer so I need to farm that so I can actually buy etheric light this weekend.

I was secretly hoping Xur would have less awesome stuff this weekend. Damn you Xur!

In other news my friend and I two manned our way to Crota, but seemingly lacked the weaponry to get his shields down fast enough. Admittedly, we didn't try for very long as Ir Yut took a while and we didn't have a lot of steam left by the time we got to Crota.

If you want help downing him sometime this weekend feel free to shoot me an invite.

PSN: RedBeardtheAngry XBL: alabaster
  • Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular
    Anyone joining the raid(s) tonight on X1, I updated the event to start at 9pm.
    Forgot that we're doing birthday dinner for a friend tonight, but I should be home to get things started around 9-ish. Gotta get my Saint-14!

I rarely know in advance if I'm going to get game time, but I'll keep this in mind if the wife is busy tonight and check to see if there is still room.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    alabaster wrote: »
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Ugh, there are so many things I want to get done this weekend. I really want to get IB to rank 5 I need that etheric light. But I also want to buy the gauntlets and scout rifle Xur is selling, but I lack the strange coins to buy both so I need to farm strange coins. Additionally, I'm out of glimmer so I need to farm that so I can actually buy etheric light this weekend.

I was secretly hoping Xur would have less awesome stuff this weekend. Damn you Xur!

In other news my friend and I two manned our way to Crota, but seemingly lacked the weaponry to get his shields down fast enough. Admittedly, we didn't try for very long as Ir Yut took a while and we didn't have a lot of steam left by the time we got to Crota.

If you want help downing him sometime this weekend feel free to shoot me an invite.

Sounds good, add me on PSN and the next time we give it a try I'll see if my friend minds. He can be a little odd with strangers.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Got my Warlock to rank 3, bought an Etheric Light and picked up another Radegast's Fury and a much desired BTRD-345 during matches (reforged into Aggressive Ballistics, Counterbalance, High Caliber Rounds and Crowd Control)

I love heavy ammo, sometimes even when I dont get to pick anything up (Fiftuple kill, Slayer, Breaker etc.)
    http://imgur.com/RnzOSOy (GIF, I need to figure out how to make these clips into youtube videos soon)

246nrcx.jpg

Oh, yeah also burned 1100+ calories while doing this, I dont even feel tired, I can officially say that I'm not skipping leg day.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Man. Its the weirdest thing. As soon as I stop trying for Iron Wrath, it pops. Just pulled one out of nowhere this morning on Twilight gap doing nothing but shotguns, lightning grenades, and punching to start the game at B. Funny how that's the only IB bounty I was able to complete in 2 games this morning.

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Bungie wrote:
    -Fixed a bug in which the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty could not be acquired if your Bounty inventory was full
    -You will need to defeat Skolas again to receive the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty

"Fixed" apparently means something hilarious to Bungie because I got the Elder Cipher bounty on my Titan last night who's bounty inventory was full.

It is now bugged at Variks and not in my inventory.

If this was supposed to mean that they "fixed" it by not preventing the bug but instead giving a path to fix the bug ourselves by having to beat Skolas again to receive it then just lol

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/198639/destiny-on-trial-in-the-widows-court-you-cant-handle-the-truth

New thread is up. Just got back from real-life court, so I'm ready for tonight's trial(s) in this weekend's map (Widow's Court).

Also, IB forever, obviously. That may take priority, as I need Etheric Light.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Last night was good times, though.

Downed a 35 PoE with @Booker (who got a solar hand cannon) and @Vagabond in about an hour, quickly followed up by a 34 PoE with no wipes. Then Booker left and @dinoarus (OGSTudbone) jumped in and we knocked out a 32, followed up by Vagabond leaving and doing a 35 with @patrkslayzy23 (AllDngsGoToHvn) where we one-shotted Skolas and OG grabbed an elemental scout rifle.

3x Armor/Weapon Core, 3x Etheric Light, and a bugged Elder Cipher quest isn't too bad of a haul.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    A bit of overlooked SGA for all Island Barbarians, don't forget that it is vastly preferable to group up and assist chain. Every assist is worth 50 more points than a solo kill. Two assists on top of a kill is almost doubling the point value of that kill had it been solo.

Also, the more people on a point when you cap or neutralize it the more points you earn. If you are not actively engaged in battle during a cap, get on that point and stack your points for the team. This is an often safe way to boost your score, plus it promotes sticking together as a team. And when you group, you also have a higher chance of farming assists. Win-win.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Rank 4! Did it with a 3.2 K/D ratio match no less. Zero Point LOTP > random jackasses with sniper rifles for sure.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Am I an idiot if I'm thinking about swapping Voidfang Vestments for Obsidian Mind?

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Weapon perk question. Does anyone know if you can roll Hidden Hand and One Man Army on hand cannons?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Weapon perk question. Does anyone know if you can roll Hidden Hand and One Man Army on hand cannons?

From Reddit

Short answer is no - both Hidden Hand and One Man Army share the same perk column (row 3).

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Erevar wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

From Reddit

Short answer is no - both Hidden Hand and One Man Army share the same perk column (row 3).

If I really want OMA on Ill Will, what is the next best thing to aim for aside from Hidden Hand?

Edit. Blarg disregard. Sorry.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I want to try final round and luck in the chamber on a low capacity hand cannon. Anyone have one of those?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/198639/destiny-on-trial-in-the-widows-court-you-cant-handle-the-truth

New thread is up. Just got back from real-life court, so I'm ready for tonight's trial(s) in this weekend's map (Widow's Court).

new thread is up here guyz

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

new thread is up here guyz

cf2bc097549bef3984b1a8ee94ffa8d7.jpg

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Lugged my PS4 to Detroit for no reason.

Thanks Obama!

Er, Xur. :P

I guess maybe I could try a few chest engrams to see if I can get the purifier robes. But since they are the only chest exotic I don't have I'm not sure it is worth the motes.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    So after some testing I found out that the Ram gives you the free Life Steal regardless of whether your melee cooldown is up or not. I'm pretty sure this will get nerfed eventually. There is a short cooldown in which you can't life steal twice, but its less than five seconds.