As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Red Bull gives you wiiings! And exclusive contennnt!

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    MIDA is a pretty good anti sniper weapon from what I understand. Great range and lots of stagger.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    MIDA makes you go fast.

Gotta go fast.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Mida is really good in pvp, I love it

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I keep hearing such good things about the MIDA but I've never been able to get into it. I just don't like the way it handles.

But as a stealth, +agility bladedancer, something tells me that it'd be hilarious and incredible when maxed out. Maybe I'll start trying that tonight.

Coming on in a bit. Might nap first. Making new threads really takes it out of me.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Its so good against snipers, staggers them and with the movement boost

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    to finish the melee bounty, I equip my MIDA, strap on my Stand Asides, and sprint around and should charge people. it's real cheesy, but fun.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Just hit rank 5 on my Titan.

In maybe a day and a half of Iron Banner (maybe even less). 24 games (21 wins and 3 losses) and 11 bounties (2 of which were Iron Wrath so that's 1300 rep, before bonuses, from bounties), I did do 25 games, but the last one was a loss so I got no rep there.

The catch-up rep is real.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Engrambled twice and got a pair of poorly rolled Titan's Crest of Alpha Lupi. At least one was better than the other.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I bought the deep stone crypt titan mark. Woooooooo

I don't enough coins for the MIDA

I mixed up my mental count of motes and coins
    sigh

I have 17 coins

Should I get the MIDA ASAP?
    I have a titan, but he's a dedicate striker sitting at LL 27
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    If you're good with scout rifles in PvP, you'll enjoy the MIDA. If you don't like scout rifles, you obviously won't.

I'm trying to learn to keep my hunter out of melee range, and am using scout rifles and pulse rifles with him.
    Is the MIDA worth it's exotic status?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Ascending all of the VoG weapons takes serious Etheric Light.

It's enough to drive a man to PvP.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I have to apologize to the victors over Lords of Anal, or whoever was in the group after it semi-broke up. I got two kills with my MG, had full health and took someone down to nothing visible. Keep shooting, he won't die. Suddenly my health is at blinking red (I never got hit markers saying I was taking damage), then died to Thorn DoT. Fucker's health went back up to half after that like he was lagging. That was the last straw. I got fucked out of the last Machine Lord probably six times. That combined with crying baby made me go "fuck fhis" and I quit out. Sorry for the zero notice, but I haven't been that mad at the game in a looooong time. Stupid fucking bounty is SO EASY to get usually.

• Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    Thumbnail_Large.PNG

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    widow's court eh?

interesting

I was totally expecting Cauldron or asylum

• Options
    I'm going to log on to do some 34 Edgar Allan PoEs hopefully.

Who's interested?

Also interested in doing some 32s if people with maxed Gallys are free (I just can't put myself through doing it normally, I'm looking to relax)

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    9-0 flawless, didn't even need Mercy. Got The Scholar adept (void!), a vanilla Messenger, 3 Etheric light... suddenly I love Trials again. Thanks David, Ninja.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

• Options
    I can't believe there are 3 full 6-man Iron Bannering fireteams on PS4 alone right now.

That's crazy.

Our fireteams will block out the sun!

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Hit rank 5 on my titan, halfway to 4 on my warlock, will probably not be able to play again until Monday but with catchup I don't think it'll be a big deal.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Had to stop murdering and earn some glimmer, didn't have enough for the light and the Scout Rifle. Got a second Felwinter's Lie tho.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Kind of want ahamkara's spine...

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Sorry @gooner6969 @Frei @rockurcradle @Cormac @Celian

My PS4 completely crashed at the end of that game.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Any of the ps4 iron banner groups gave a spot open?

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Iron Banner drops so much good gear this time, I've gotten 2 Radegast's Fury, a BRTD-345, A Felwinter's Lie and just now - a Matador 64, each of these are (when reforged right) really good for PvP.

I was hoping for one or two of these, so this was a nice surprise.

Just wish I had a weekly Trials of Osiris group (or a couple?)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Reposting from other thread.

So after some testing I found out that the Ram gives you the free Life Steal regardless of whether your melee cooldown is up or not. I'm pretty sure this will get nerfed eventually. There is a short cooldown in which you can't life steal twice, but its less than five seconds.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Does anyone want to help me with the nightfall?

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Sorry @gooner6969 @Frei @rockurcradle @Cormac @Celian

My PS4 completely crashed at the end of that game.

No problemo. Thanks for the games! Managed to get the Hunter to rank 3 and the Titan to rank 4. I should be able to hit 5 on atleast one and if time permits, 4 on the Hunter/Warlock. It's a lot of PvP for me and I'm learning a hell of a lot. I definitely understand not the outcry for dedicated servers for games!

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Good night in Destiny.

Bought Helm of Saint-14 and engrambled for three chest pieces, pulled an awesome Starfire Protocol with ~118 Intelligence. That thing will be a blast for PvP.

Ran a few Iron Banners with the PA crowd, had some hilarious games. I'll post some fun highlights on YouTube tomorrow.

I talked to a few people about running Nightfall/Weekly Heroics, sorry to have flaked out on that. I will be playing a bunch tomorrow if anyone still needs those (because I definitely do).

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I can't speak to PvP but even for pve it is totally worth it.

If scout rifles aren't your thing it isn't going to convert you, but it is a competent scout, but certainly not the best.

Dat movement speed though. Even if you have max agility, it is a noticeable increase, which is invaluable for things like soloing parts of CE, and even just repeating other content you want to move through quickly.

Like any other non elemental primary it can feel weak against shields and in general feels a bit sub par once you are accustomed to elements, but it is still uniquely useful in various situations.

I do wish they would do something about elemental primary balance. They're almost too useful and often are more valuable than even most of the exotic bonuses.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    Good night in Destiny.

Bought Helm of Saint-14 and engrambled for three chest pieces, pulled an awesome Starfire Protocol with ~118 Intelligence. That thing will be a blast for PvP.

Ran a few Iron Banners with the PA crowd, had some hilarious games. I'll post some fun highlights on YouTube tomorrow.

I talked to a few people about running Nightfall/Weekly Heroics, sorry to have flaked out on that. I will be playing a bunch tomorrow if anyone still needs those (because I definitely do).

I'll probably be down for that stuff. I've been playing so much Iron Banner this week I've neglected all PvE content.

• Options
    Sorry I missed the invites, chris and rockurcradle

• Options
    Somehow ended up playing more iron banner on my Warlock...

I'm now a third of the way to rank 4.

With the old system I'd have maybe two characters to level 4 after 6 days (leaving the 7th day for glimmer farming), yet here I am possibly getting all three characters to rank 5 in 5 days.

I am liking this new catch up rep system.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    A big thank-you to Fawst and Skyknyt (and the third person who I forget) for heaving me through the 34 poe last night. It's been so long since I've been under-leveled for PvE, I'd forgotten what it felt like to get one-shotted by Fallen without arc burn.

Grounded, though. Good god, that's rough.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    sorry about the quit earlier tonight... had to stop before my blood pressure decided to try and take me out of this world permanently

Was at least able to get the last 10 points I needed to get my Hunter to Rank 3 and get the Etheric so she's now 33. Switched to my 34 Warlock and started grinding him and in basically NO TIME without any rank or extra stuff at all, I finished tonight 1/4 into Rank 2 and learned that I fucking LOVE MY WARLOCK. I basically just run around and melee anything and EVERYTHING to UTTER DESTRUCTION!!! Gonna make tomorrow all the more fun, and just tells me how big a difference there truly is between 32 and 34.

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Lol 4th adept summoner. This is just ridiculous. At least I have the whole set now.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Reposting from other thread.

So after some testing I found out that the Ram gives you the free Life Steal regardless of whether your melee cooldown is up or not. I'm pretty sure this will get nerfed eventually. There is a short cooldown in which you can't life steal twice, but its less than five seconds.

It specifically says that "all voidwalker melees" trigger the life steal, not just energy drain.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Annnd got Purifier Robes in one engramble

And now I kinda feel bad that Im probably not even going to equip em. It was a compulsive engramble - meant to save motes for boot engrams if they ever came around.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'd love some exotic boot engrams. I want both of the new boots!

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Man I had an IB match tonight where I had 32 kills and had a 32.0 K/D.

my only death... was a failed jump off a ledge....

Al_wat on
  • Options
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    On the MIDA questions, one of the best features isn't advertised in the item specs - stagger. Works on mobs and players. Its basically a very accurate, quick firing, SUPER fast reloading scout rifle that makes you run faster and staggers opponents when you hit them with it. Its not flashy, but its one of the best at getting a bullet into a thing.

And thanks to everyone for the IB runs Xbone side. I was expecting a way bigger impact when I switched to my 32 hunter, but honestly its still very playable. There were a couple times where I thought "Man, on my 34 lock that guy would be dead" but by and large still super doable.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Wooo rank 5 bitches! Got more Etheric Light than I know what to do with now.

I am really loving The Scholar. One to the head and two to body to kill. Fires pretty fast for a Scout rifle and it's my only *good* void primary. My main problem is thus- too many damn guns! My vault has like 8 spaces left for guns.