As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Great Big E3 Thread of Announcements, Leaks, Hype, and Doom!

TaramoorTaramoor StorytellerRegistered User regular
edited June 2015 in Games and Technology
e3-header-overlay-latest_zpsrfwbzj8l.png

E3 is upon us!

The greatest industry event in Video Games! The magical time of year when every console developer and almost every software developer collide in an orgiastic avalanche of announcements, demos, news, views, streams, memes, conferences, inferences, leaks, geeks, nerds, words, turds, and the occasional surprise announcement!

This year, there are several pre-E3 conferences to deal with in addition to the live events that will no doubt be run by every major company this year to emulate the weirdly successfully Nintendo Treehouse Live from last year.

Schedule of Conferences!

Bethesda - Monday, June 15th at 2:00 AM UTC / Sunday, June 14th at 7:00 PM PDT
Microsoft - Monday, June 15th at 4:30 PM UTC / 9:30 AM PDT
EA - Monday, June 15th at 8:00 PM UTC / 1:00 PM PDT
Ubisoft - Monday, June 15th at 10:00 PM UTC / 3:00 PM PDT
Sony - Tuesday, June 16th at 1:00 AM UTC / Monday, June 15th at 6:00 PM PDT
Nintendo - Tuesday, June 16th at 4:00 PM UTC / 9:00 AM PDT
Square/Enix - Tuesday, June 16th at 5:00 PM UTC / 10:00 AM PDT
PC Gaming Show - Tuesday, 16th at 12:00 AM UTC / 5:00 PM PDT

June 14th, 7:00pm PDT
250px-Bethesda_Softworks_Logo.svg.png

The people behind Fallout and The Elder Scrolls are announcing things. It's possible, though by no means guaranteed, that here may be Open World and/or RPG elements to some of the properties discussed. Unfortunately, they'll be competing with the season finale of Game of Thrones, so who knows.

June 15th, 9:30am PDT
220px-Microsoft_logo_%282012%29.svg.png

Microsoft's Xbox is on its third iteration, the Xbox One, and they've been doing some amazing things in their attempt to take over the world. Will there be Halo news? Yes, of course there will, but I'm sure there will be other news as well. Perhaps they'll use the word Kinect at some point, though that seems unlikely. Will they let their fear of words like "TV" and "Always online" curb their entire presentation, or will they go utterly nuts and be totally unexpectedly awesome?

June 15th, 1pm PDT
200px-Electronic_Arts_logo.svg.png

The mega-behemoth ultra publisher returns for yet another E3. Suspected to appear are details about the new Madden, the new Fifa, the NBA, the new Mass Effect, the new Mirror's Edge... wait, I think I copy-pasted this blurb from last year. Oh well, it still works!

June 15th, 3pm PST
200px-Ubisoft.png

I still don't know what Ubisoft's logo is, but they're the company behind Splinter Cell, Rayman, Far Cry, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed, and Assassin's Creed: Watch_Dogs. They are expected to discuss the latest version of Just Dance.

June 15th, 6pm
220px-Sony_logo.svg.png

Sony. Current kings of the home console market. They will be talking about Uncharted 4. Anything else they discuss is a bonus.

June 16th, 9am PST
220px-Nintendo.svg.png

Nintendo. It's not a conference in the normal sense of the word, it's more of a really really long commercial for all the games that are going to come out for the WiiU this year and next. I mean that, all of them, because nobody else is making games for that console. Which is a shame, because I love the hell out of that weird little system. Nintendo will also be reprising their Treehouse Live Streaming service that they debuted last year. Nintendo is also doomed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvzyY1FKr0

June 16th, 10am PST
230px-Square_Enix_logo.svg.png

Square-Enix, they make Final Fantasy games. They might talk about Kingdom Hearts at some point. Every console game they show will be a thing that I want to buy.

In this thread I would like to discuss leaks, predictions, and eventually E3 itself as it goes on and on and on...

Taramoor on

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    For example, here are some shots from near the convention center.

CG7u9SHUQAAN_vp.jpg:orig

3mAxwNo.jpg

BHyoBhp.jpg

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    That is one big-ass Uncharted 4 poster.

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Aside from the Metroid 3DS announcement I am sure they will make, the only thing I am very curious about is what Nintendo will do for holiday now that Zelda got pushed back. New Mario or Animal Crossing Wii U? I can't imagine it being Star Fox.

I'm also wondering which entertainment artist Microsoft will put on stage this year and if they will announce anything with Minecraft. They were fast as hell to add it to the Hololense teaser.

I hope the PS Vita has that magical price drop to 129 that people are claiming (some say 99, but that seems crazy low to me).

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    A new Metroid Prime: Hunters for the 3DS would be awesome.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I'm a little worried that the biggest new games (to my tastes) already got announced with Deus Ex 2, Fallout 4 and X-Com 2, but no matter what happens it'll be neat to see more of them along with Uncharted 4, Mirror's Edge 2, Zelda U, and Halo 5's campaign, hopefully.

With Uncharted 4 delayed, Sony seems in desperate need of some big holiday exclusive. I don't think "Did you know you can buy Destiny on the PS4 as well?" is going to work again. Hopefully they have something.

And hey, maybe Ubisoft is finally seeing the light and considering actually giving Beyond Good and Evil 2 a chance since Assassin's Creed finally fell apart last year.

It would also be nice for Square to make a new console RPG I care about one of these days, but I'm not holding my breath. The rest of the FFs coming to Steam seems like a no brainier, if nothing else.

My biggest hope that we see Metroid 5 for the Wii U from Retro. They've earned 2D platforming cred with the Donkey Kong games, and while Metorid isn't the biggest seller, Nintendo is just in "keep the hardcore pleased so they buy the next system" mode with the Wii U anyhow, so it could happen!

Darlan on
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Taramoor wrote: »
    A new Metroid Prime: Hunters for the 3DS would be awesome.

Have to disagree, since I don't feel as if a new Metroid outing should be multiplayer-focused. Same thing with Starfox, but I guess it's likely they will want that game to have ambitious MP modes.

Absalon on
    The PC block should be interesting. 3 hours of games and hardware. I don't expect any major announcements but it should be neat.

The PC block should be interesting. 3 hours of games and hardware. I don't expect any major announcements but it should be neat.

PC Block?

Explain.

It feels like something I should put in the OP. Like how I'll put a bunch of twitch addresses in there eventually.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    As far as I'm concerned, XSeed has already won E3.

Localisation announcements for Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale (Harvest Moon X PopoloCrois crossover), Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, Earth Defense Force 4.1 and 2 Remake, Trails of Cold Steel I & II, and Corpse Party: Blood Drive all announced just this month pre-E3.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    As far as I'm concerned, XSeed has already won E3.

Localisation announcements for Return to PopoloCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale (Harvest Moon X PopoloCrois crossover), Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, Earth Defense Force 4.1 and 2 Remake, Trails of Cold Steel I & II, and Corpse Party: Blood Drive all announced just this month pre-E3.
    But seriously folks...

YL9WnCY.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Also, since Dark Souls III has already leaked... any bets on which conference It'll be shown at?

vagrant_winds on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Also, since Dark Souls III has already leaked... any bets on which conference It'll be shown at?

Microsoft. They've got money and need.

PC Block?

Explain.

It feels like something I should put in the OP. Like how I'll put a bunch of twitch addresses in there eventually.

http://www.pcgamingshow.com

Full Countdown list:
    http://www.e3countdown.com/

reVerse wrote: »

Microsoft. They've got money and need.

DS3 Microsoft reveal and Bloodborne DLC Sony reveal?

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I could see it equally possible that Bloodborne's DLC is shown off and explained and then before they (being whoever comes out to talk about BBDLC) leave the stage, DS3 is revealed as "a glimpse beyond" the DLC or something like that.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Here's the dates and times for the conferences for central europeans...
    • Bethesda - Monday June 15th at 4:00 AM
    • Microsoft - Monday June 15th at 6:00 PM
    • EA - Monday June 15th at 10:00 PM
    • Ubisoft - Monday June 15th at 11:45 PM
    • Sony - Tuesday June 16th at 3:00 AM
    • Nintendo - Tuesday June 16th at 6:00 PM
    • Square/Enix - Tuesday June 16th at 7:00 PM
    • PC Gaming Show - Wednesday 17th at 2:00 AM

More complete infos including links to streams to be found here...

http://www.gamestar.de/news/vermischtes/3086608/e3_2015.html

BranniganSepp on
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    My ready is body, an' all that shit.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Super excited for this year for some reason. Been eating up all the pre-release speculation I can get my hands on! Here's the stuff I'm hoping to see

Bethesda: I'm really interested in what Doom is going to turn out to be. The few snippets I've been hearing (no weapon reloading) makes me hope this is a throwback to the originals, which IMO stll play fantastically to this day. (Use a source port with mouse look and they are damn near flawless). If they can capture that feel, then I'm 100% in. I'm guessing they're done with Wolfenstein for now, which is a shame since New Order and Old Blood were fantastic. A new Dishonored might be neat. I wonder if we'll see anything of Quake?

Microsoft: Obviously, that leaked Gears of War Ultimate Edition by Splash Damage will be there, but I'm guessing whatever Black Tusk Studios is working on will be there too. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a "Buy the Ultimate Edition and get access to the Gears 4 mutiplayer beta" thing like they did with the Master Chief Collection. I really hope they do something suprising with the new Gears. Bringing back the Locusts for more of the same would just be a bummer.

Also, I'm interested if those Banjo-Kazooie rumors pan out. I know Rare is a shell of its former self, but really, either Microsoft tries to make a new game or the IP will just sit on a shelf indefinitely. I'd rather they try and make something crappy than not try at all, and who knows, maybe they'll make something good! And if not, at least we'll have Yooka-Laylee! :)

Probably too much to ask for Shadow Complex 2 to be announced.

EA: Most interested in their Star Wars output, especially whatever Visceral is working on. Wouldn't mind seeing what DICE has cooking with Mirror's Edge (Mirror's Edge: Catalyst was recently trademarked). Just, please dear god, don't be as vapid as last years conference was!

Ubisoft: Hoping we see a bunch more of those neat little games they've been putting out on the regular. Maybe a wacky FarCry expansion - that poll with "alien planet" and "dinosaur island" on it has to produce some fruit, right?

Sony: Honestly, I'm just happy they're doing well and I hope they have a line-up that keeps Microsoft on their toes so competition stays healthy. Not much I'm specifically looking forward to, other than hoping for a Last Guardian reveal (I don't even want the game, I just want to see the audience reaction.)

Nintendo: Metroid god dammit. I'd prefer a Retro-style FPS, but I'd definitely take 2D platformer too. Just give me a good Metroid game, dammit! Pleeeeasseee!

Square-Enix: We just got a Guardian of Light sequel, so it seems a little soon to ask for a third one of those. Maybe something in that style but with a different IP? (I coud go for a Deux Ex themed reskin)

PC Games: Ooh boy, lots here at this conference

Blizzard: They're probably just going to be showing off Overwatch, but I'd love to get a solid release date on Legacy of the Void. I doubt they'll have anything new here though, they have their own convention for that that. :)

CliffyB: He'll probably be showing off Project Bluestreak, and while I appreciate a return to classic arcade shooters, there's a whole bunch of them in early access, plus the new Unreal Tournament, so Bluestreak will need to do something crazy to stand out. Additionally, multiplayer shooters don't really do it for me anymore, so unless this has a singleplayer campaign, it'll probably be a pass for me.

Devolver Digital: They have a lot of shit on their plate, but what I'd be most looking forward to is stuff related to Croteam. They announced an expansion to the Talos Principle last March, but haven't said anything since then. Also, one of the DLC packs jokingly revealed Serious Sam 4, to the point where I'm guessing it's actually a real thing that exists and might get shown off here.

Fullbright's Tacoma and Pixel Titan's Stafe will be there, but i don't really need to see more to be on board with them. Kinda curious what "Xbox" and not "Microsoft" will be doing there.

The wraps up the conferences. I wish Valve would show off a new game, but it sounds like they're not even showing off their hardware, so fat chance of that. :razz:

Undead Scottsman on
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Only really care about the big 3, so i'll go for them.

Sony: will probably push PS4 price down again to go for a coup de gracie on the competition. Third party stuff in their show: MGS5, Street Fighter 5, Arkham Knight (hey, still has a week or so to go before it releases at that point), Battlefront 3. Duh: Uncharted 4, Project Morpheus. Safe bets: the missing franchises, like Gran Turismo. God Of War returns with a new protagonist and/or a new setting. Vita will get less than 2 minutes of footage, mostly indie games and/or crossbuy advertising for said indie games. Wildcard: The Last Guardian, the return of Crash Bandicoot (some copyright shenanigans have been going on there, so who knows?)

Microsoft: Halo 5 saturation. Third party stuff in their show: less than Sony's, but hard to say exactly what, probably Dark Souls III as a counterpoint to Bloodborne. Duh: Gears of War collection, a teaser only for Black Tusk's Gears of War Reboot, Tomb Raider will also feature heavily, showing us what the hell Scalebound is. Safe bets: Some family-friendly and some more experimental stuff, maybe the "new" Banjo Kazooie is another Project Spark work like Conker? More on that Fable game (or did that come out already?) Wildcard: Silent Hills, Resident Evil 7 announcement.

Nintendo: hardest to say. Xenoblade Chronicles X will get a passing mention because it's already out in Japan and they're balancing this stuff. Likewise Fire Emblem If won't get as much screentime because it's for next year in North America, and they want to focus on this-year stuff. Duh: StarFox, Devil's Third, Fatal Frame V localization, Yoshi's Wooly World. Mario and Sonic as their only thing resembling a third party game aside from the obligatory indie sizzle real. No price cut for Wii U, maybe one for n3DS. Safe Bets: one of Metroid or a 3D Mario this year for 3DS to help keep it afloat. Paper Mario or Animal Crossing to shore up the Wii U's lineup. Some mention of Zelda, if not a trailer or anything. Project Guard/Project Giant Robot disappear quietly. Wildcard: Capcom's new Megaman game is Wii U exclusive, partially Nintendo-funded.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'm mostly looking forward to The Last Guardian.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'll put my normal pipedreams out in the open and hope we get some kind of Dragon Quest or Suikoden news. Haha... :(

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Is there a Fortnite thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=229pkozZGNc

Piñata-bot at the end.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

PC Block?

Explain.

http://www.pcgamingshow.com

Full Countdown list:
    http://www.e3countdown.com/

E3 Countdown is a useful website that I always seem to forget exists.

It's been around for years, hasn't it?

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Aside from the Metroid 3DS announcement I am sure they will make, the only thing I am very curious about is what Nintendo will do for holiday now that Zelda got pushed back. New Mario or Animal Crossing Wii U? I can't imagine it being Star Fox.

I'm also wondering which entertainment artist Microsoft will put on stage this year and if they will announce anything with Minecraft. They were fast as hell to add it to the Hololense teaser.

I hope the PS Vita has that magical price drop to 129 that people are claiming (some say 99, but that seems crazy low to me).

A) Pokémon Z.
    B) Notch on stage?
    C) No idea about Vita.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    I had totally forgotten that Fortnite existed.

• FuzzytadpoleFuzzytadpole Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I still believe in you Sony, bring out the Last Guardian, I won't be mad I promise.

Fuzzytadpole on
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Square Enix hopefully extends their god-tier troll combo at the Sony conference by putting the Final Fantasy VII text on the screen, and after 2 minutes of hype-raising rhetoric later, follow it up with the words "CRISIS CORE HD, EXCLUSIVE TO PS4" above it

If they can do that I will buy all their games forever :lol:

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I swear to God if Squeenix walks out on stage to show off the second Agni's trailer again, I will rip my goddamn hair out.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    I swear to God if Squeenix walks out on stage to show off the second Agni's trailer again, I will rip my goddamn hair out.

I'd bet money they'll show another version of it at the PC conference.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    does konami have a thing?

I'm morbidly curious about what if anything they'd do this year

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Halo and Crackdown coming to pc. I mean if we're talking about shit we'd love to see but will never get.

edited June 2015

Complete with a relaxed dude on stage with a full-size tower casually going, "This is a custom-built machine we made courtesy of Nvidia with three Titan Xs in SLI, rendering a million polys per strand of hair on this woman's head. The future of consumer-level gaming!"

BRIAN BLESSED on
    The biggest announcement of the year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJUsVvGATLY

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    • Microsoft - Monday June 15th at 6:30 PM

Can we add this to the op for everyone in EU?

Complete with a relaxed dude on stage with a full-size tower casually going, "This is a custom-built machine we made courtesy of Nvidia with three Titan Xs in SLI, rendering a million polys per strand of hair on this woman's head. The future of consumer-level gaming!"

You joke, but they already did that with FOUR Titan X GPUs. Look up "WITCH CHAPTER 0 [cry]". It was at Microsoft's 2015 Build conference showing off Direct X 12.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nobody has cared about the franchise since they stabbed it in the heart with microstransactions.

YL9WnCY.png
    Nobody has cared about the franchise since they stabbed it in the heart with microstransactions.

Wasn't Garden Warfare decent?

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    • Microsoft - Monday June 15th at 6:30 PM

Can we add this to the op for everyone in EU?

We really should just be adding a few different timezones for stuff. Like "x time PDT, y time GMT/CET, z time AEST" kinda thing. I'm of the opinion that stuff should always be posted in GMT at the least because a lot of people know their timezone in relation to GMT whereas always going off american timezones can get a little annoying.

I still don't get how people can't work out the difference in American timezones though. It's just a few hours, it's not difficult.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.

Wasn't Garden Warfare decent?

It was loaded to the brim with pay to win microtransactions.

You joke, but they already did that with FOUR Titan X GPUs. Look up "WITCH CHAPTER 0 [cry]". It was at Microsoft's 2015 Build conference showing off Direct X 12.

Oh man, I bungled that joke :( That's what I was referencing!

This discussion has been closed.