As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Seattle by Night - A Vampire: The Masquerade [PbP]

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Oh, it looked like you were pretty full up so I resigned to just watching. I'll look through my V20 book when I get home (if I can find it... it's packed from my last move and I haven't unpacked my RPG stuff)

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    It looks like we're looking at six, including you @Delmain , which should make a nice-sized coterie.

Unfortunately Preda won't have time but it opens it up so that I'll pretty much just be taking everyone who creates a character.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Okay, got a character background worked up. Fairly new to this whole system, so I'm more than willing to make any adjustments needed if I'm out of line on something.

Character sheet coming this weekend once I get paid and can pick up the v20.pdf.

Character Sheet

Christopher (currently Kris) Pearson, came of age in the San Francisco area during the personal computer explosion that would birth Apple, Microsoft, and a myriad of other companies. Wanting a computer of his own, and convinced that the PC was the future, he began attending the Homebrew Computer Club whenever he could.

He was absolutely enamored with Steve Wozniak’s chip design, calling it a work of art, and proclaimed the beauty of a well engineered, tightly written program the way most people talk of a Mozart concerto or a Picasso painting.
    He had shown a sample of his latest program, a homebrewed disk driver for the IMSAI 8080 to a new visitor to the HCC after one meeting. The stranger, similarly enamored had asked to see the driver in action. Chris was more than happy to do so. It was rare enough to see any women at HCC meetings, but an attractive one interested in him at that, how could he resist?

As he would learn in the following two years, his Toreador sire had become obsessed with the functional beauty of mathematics, and from there, followed into programming. Chris’s programming style had simply been “Too beautiful to waste.”

By the time his sire had moved on to other obsessions, Kris had become a somewhat well known fixture in the burgeoning programming community, where his nocturnal ways barely raised an eyebrow. He parleyed his skills into an offer from Microsoft, and in 1991, moved to Seattle, joining Microsoft’s operating systems group.

Well known for his penchant of rolling into work as the sun went down, pulling crazy all-nighters, and only leaving before dawn, or simply crashing on the couch in his black-curtained office, Kris’s Assembly-language driver skills were too good not to be rewarded.

Success has allowed him to begin dabbling in the pursuit of other forms of “functional beauty,” such as the Ferrari and sport-bike that occupy the garage of his lakefront haven.

Who is your sire/master?
    Elainna Freed

What is your relationship with her like?
    At this point, distant, although we correspond once or twice a month. We drifted apart when she lost interest in artful code and got into San Francisco’s Bohemian Chic scene. However, it was her suggestion that I apply to come up to Seattle in the first place.

Is she in good standing with the Anarch community or a Camarilla loyalist?
    Definitely an Anarch. When we met, Bay Area computer scene was still very much in the “Information should be free!” stage. That I’ve done well as a programmer has caused a bit of friction with her current starving artist style.

Were you Embraced within the tenants of the Traditions?
    Toreador sire deeply into elegant programming, so no, not exactly.

Has your sire/master ever commited Diablerie?
    Not that I am aware of.

If so, then how has she escaped justice at the hands of the Camarilla all these years?

Edit: Added link to character sheet.

shdwcaster on
    That's an interesting take on Toreador. I like it.

Also, I'm fine with seven players so everyone interested please still submit.

fuckin' fuck, I was halfway through basically that concept only as a Ravnos who's thing was high stakes hacking.

=P

oh well, back to the drawing board.

Delmain wrote: »
    fuckin' fuck, I was halfway through basically that concept only as a Ravnos who's thing was high stakes hacking.

=P

oh well, back to the drawing board.

Ouch, sorry. Blame a recent reading of Fire in the Valley for my inspiration.

• ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    To avoid more pain for Delmain, I'll just share that I'm now working on a Nosferatu abused-come-abuser.

Was Portland filled with hippies in the 90s?

Mm yeah... Hippies and proto hipsters.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I think I got my character down, as there are no merits to be found. At least not in my book, but I'd have yet to get the V20 a look. Added the free points too, and filled out those questions for you.

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    The link I provided on the previous page has links to all of the Merits and Flaws in V20.

I moved a point from Etiquette to Firearms because my new avatar has one.

Oh man I remember that episode. I think was one of the weirdest episodes of the series, and it had one about tripping on psychedelic mushrooms.

I searched for creepy kid in a suit pics and this or similar pics were all over the place. I thought about it and the immortal boy with fake father plot of the episode fit too well to ignore.

Made a minor change to the cast of NPCs. Kati is no longer listed as Caitiff, you may notice she has no clan affiliation listed at all, though her role in our little tale remains the same. That is all.

edited June 2015
    Reminder. @jdarksun @Delmain

Mikey CTS on
    oh wait i thought it was the 12th?

ameybes wrote: »
    oh wait i thought it was the 12th?

By god you're right, and I'll stick by that.
    I actually meant to set it a week out, but accidentally set it two weeks out cause I'm a dummy who can't tell time! Whoops! Not a problem, as it allows me for planning time and more time for you guy to tune and develop your characters.

Phew! Thanks

Yeah same here. Work got crazy busy all of a sudden. I spent a while reading old stuff last night that I'd mostly forgotten, but haven't gotten around to more than formulating an idea.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Reminder. @jdarksun Delmain
    I am totally still in, but my wife's out of town and this crazy phalla I'm running has annihilated my free time. I should be able to get to creation today though.

No need to rush yourself, I was actually jumping the gun a bit. I am super excited to see whatever you both have to offer.

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    If you have an opening, I've got an idea for a Nosferatu hacker/phreak

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    redacted

JohnnyCache on
    Updated character bio with a link to my character sheet. Built it off of the subnet link that got posted last week, will check it over once I get the v20 sourcebook bought this weekend, but I think it's okay.

Also changed forum avatar to a '30s art deco design classic, the Beech Staggerwing, for reasons mostly having to do with elegant blends of form and function.

edited June 2015
    Hey, I thought I was piping up for the spot vacated by a drop, and I missed the very similar character already posted. Apologies, I will reroll totally (if there is still room)

Edit: looking at the sheet, though, they aren't that lined up on top of each other, might make logical friends or friendly rivals)

JohnnyCache on
    I don't think friendly rivalry is a thing in VtM. They usually turn out quite deadly. I prefer less overlap and I'm very keen on that Toreador.

edited June 2015
    I don't think friendly rivalry is a thing in VtM. They usually turn out quite deadly. I prefer less overlap and I'm very keen on that Toreador.

The only skill we both ended up with is computer, but I can think up something else. Might do a ventrue VC, actually, that's a clan I've never played and a theme I've never played

Edit: Gangrel only get PERMANENT animal features now on a botch, right?

JohnnyCache on
    edited June 2015
    I'm Rubi Trix, Queen of the H to the P
    The Dead M’s only true trixin O.G.
    I’m the gingerbread damned you can’t catch me
    I keep it going keep it going, going full steam

Growin up lowlife, rife with the usual strife
    This girl’s Tacoma born so she got Tacoma life
    Gangsta bitch, the glitch is her beauty is divine
    Young Shady takes the lady cause the lady is fine

But like gangstas got girls, diamonds got pearls
    Bitch didn’t see she went from bad to worse world
    Now there’s rubies in her mind, rubies on the floor
    Its not enough for Shady, he wants diamonds and more

Shady gets made, Dogs delightin in the fight
    The ruby cracks, Shady lady steps into the light
    Diamond Prince says he’ll be a pearl’s best friend
    Deal done, Shady crew meets a shady end

Free at last, no luck, Crowfuck takes her by surprise
    An ugly fuckin thunderbolt fallin from the sky
    Her looks are all crooksin (why why why)
    Born to fuck now reborn to terrify

Crowfuck ducked bureaucracy, clean broke Trad Three
    Down by Red Law, Ugly’s born a heresy
    Deal keeper D.P. declines to bring the slaughter
    “The sin is of the father, not of the daughter”

So now she's Rubi Trix, Queen of the H to the P
    The Dead M’s only true trixin O.G.
    I’m the gingerbread damned you can’t catch me
    I keep it going keep it going, going full steam

Red on the rise, no one dare to criticise
    Rubi rhymes a knife cutting through the afterlife
    My time has come - you wanna know how?
    Diamonds are forever but Rubi is now

Rubi Trix, Nosferatu Fangsta Rapper & Prince's Stooge - character sheet & plain English character details/history coming soon!

ameybes on

The only skill we both ended up with is computer, but I can think up something else. Might do a ventrue VC, actually, that's a clan I've never played and a theme I've never played

Edit: Gangrel only get PERMANENT animal features now on a botch, right?

Yes, it is temporary unless there is a botch. Though how temporary varies.

• dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    My sheet is ready.

steam_sig.png
    Just a question, you get 5 points in Virtues, but you start with one in each right? So you should have a total of 8 points in Virtues, not 5. That might save you a point or two on Willpower and push your humanity up to 7 which is about the right starting number. I think...

I believe that is true as long as you're not on a Path

Yes, that is correct.

@dresdenphile you're shorted yourself one point on your virtues. Correct that and I think you'll be good.

• dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Ok, I misread that section. In the V20 book, it looks like you get 1 in each Virtue to start plus 7 to spend among the three traits, so I should have 10 dots total between them, right?

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
    yeah! That's the ticket.

Yes that is correct.

@Nealneal I can't access your sheet from the office but you may be shorting yourself.

I checked, I was just misremembering. I can't access Mythweavers at work, but I'll get the sheet up there this afternoon.