As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Phallafly - The End, Village - and half the Mafia - Victory

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Ardor for the same meta reasons.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Dragon I guess.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Shalmelo

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    REMINDER: The firefly game literally only hurts the village. If people start retiring, that's less villagers the mafia need to outnumber and less votes we have. Additionally, I have some specials coming to me who are actively trying to retire. Fun, right?

However, there is a fun set of data to come out of last night. TRV's crew was relatively intact from all the fire the rest of us have taken the past however many nights. But surprise, there were two mafia on their ship. Bedlam's ship is in a similar situation. I'm guessing they made a pact prior to the game and the mafia aren't firing on their own ship because of that pact. Also, looking at their crew list's activity and voting patterns, I'm guessing there are quite a few mafia on board that ship.

I suggest we vote someone out from the following list:

Auralynx
    Bedlam
    Gizzy
    J4P
    Wash
    Zombie Hero

ZH has been particularly quiet and I'd like to see what color he bleeds. This is not a network call.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Shalmelo to help keep the lead. If the village wants to get in touch and give me some info I'll listen. But as of now the vote seems close and I want to help prevent vote shenanigans.

Plus if Shalmelo's green it will tell us to look at those who keep pushing for them, especially any on their ship.

Shalmelo to help keep the lead. If the village wants to get in touch and give me some info I'll listen. But as of now the vote seems close and I want to help prevent vote shenanigans.

Plus if Shalmelo's green it will tell us to look at those who keep pushing for them, especially any on their ship.

Why would anyone in the village do this?

• Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    ZH

• TrustTrust Registered User regular
    J4P for second place, based on the above?

We Stand Ready
    ObiFett wrote: »

Why would the village want to help control the vote? Or share info they don't want public? Gee I wonder why?

If the village doesn't trust me that's fine, no hard feelings. If the village network has info they feel comfortable sharing and want to see my vote change, I'm saying I'm listening.

Why would the village want to help control the vote? Or share info they don't want public? Gee I wonder why?

If the village doesn't trust me that's fine, no hard feelings. If the village network has info they feel comfortable sharing and want to see my vote change, I'm saying I'm listening.

Oh, I thought you were calling for villagers in general to share info with you.

But you are talking about the network getting in touch with you.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Why would you want to gun down the healthiest ship, the one that stands the best chance of actually bribing mafia out of the game?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Do thralls exist?

Steam
    Yes, sorry for the confusion. I'm in the dark and if the network wants to trust me that would be nice. If the netowrk doesn't trust me I 100% understand and will look to know heads and follow their lead.

REMINDER: The firefly game literally only hurts the village. If people start retiring, that's less villagers the mafia need to outnumber and less votes we have. Additionally, I have some specials coming to me who are actively trying to retire. Fun, right?

However, there is a fun set of data to come out of last night. TRV's crew was relatively intact from all the fire the rest of us have taken the past however many nights. But surprise, there were two mafia on their ship. Bedlam's ship is in a similar situation. I'm guessing they made a pact prior to the game and the mafia aren't firing on their own ship because of that pact. Also, looking at their crew list's activity and voting patterns, I'm guessing there are quite a few mafia on board that ship.

Auralynx
    Bedlam
    Gizzy
    J4P
    Wash
    Zombie Hero

ZH has been particularly quiet and I'd like to see what color he bleeds. This is not a network call.

Okay, I was cool with the bounty hunting before but this is dumb.

If your afraid that the firefly game only hurts the village, then why bring in bounties?

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Shalmelo
    I think we have a pretty good "everyone but the reavers wins" strategy. If you start voting us out .. that money will be lost.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Shalmelo

Steam

Auralynx
    Bedlam
    Gizzy
    J4P
    Wash
    Zombie Hero

Okay, I was cool with the bounty hunting before but this is dumb.

If your afraid that the firefly game only hurts the village, then why bring in bounties?

Bounties actually help the village. It removes a player from being able to retire. Which means they can't leave the game. Which means they are a permanent enemy of the mafia.
    Why would you want to gun down the healthiest ship, the one that stands the best chance of actually bribing mafia out of the game?

Because its WAY less likely that the mafia are bribed out and retire and WAY more likely that villagers are bribed out and retire.

Especially since we've only killed a couple mafia this late into the game.

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    We are probably the biggest potential contributor left when it comes to bribing mafia out of the game and the network head/bounty hunter's putting a target on our heads instead of working with us to put our cash reserves to good use.

Shalmelo

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    You can say you are gonna bribe the mafia out of the game all you want. But thats only a partial truth.

Its pretty simple to see what's happening here

Your ship is composed of a mix of mafia and villagers who are working together. The mafia aren't killing your dudes and the villagers in there aren't gonna vote out any mafia on the ship.

From my perspective, that makes the villagers on board as bad as the mafia and I'd prefer to lose one of the villagers on that ship to any other random villager not on it. Right now your votes are useless since it will be spent saving your own and the special on board is even more useless since they would rather retire than actually help the village!

You can say you are gonna bribe the mafia out of the game all you want. But thats only a partial truth.

Your ship is composed of a mix of mafia and villagers who are working together. The mafia aren't killing your dudes and the villagers in there aren't gonna vote out any mafia on the ship.

From my perspective, that makes the villagers on board as bad as the mafia and I'd prefer to lose one of the villagers on that ship to any other random villager not on it. Right now your votes are useless since it will be spent saving your own and the special on board is even more useless since they would rather retire than actually help the village!

Bribing the mafia is helping the village. It is a 100% accurate removal from the game on a mafia. An expensive, perfect vig.

Steam
    Well you just told the mafia who the special is ....

Gizzy wrote: »
    Well you just told the mafia who the special is ....

Really? So there are 5 mafia on that ship and one special?

There's only 1 person who has discussed/asked our permission if they could retire.

Bribing the mafia is helping the village. It is a 100% accurate removal from the game on a mafia. An expensive, perfect vig.

You know what else is a perfect vig? The vote.

If you know a mafia, you should vote them out.

You are essentially gambling that you will have the funds necessary to retire your crew before the mafia beat you. Because you sure as heck aren't gonna vote them out as evidenced today.

There's only 1 person who has discussed/asked our permission if they could retire.

Interesting. Because I've talked to 4 people on your ship who have said retiring is their goal.

You are essentially gambling that you will have the funds necessary to retire your crew before the mafia beat you. Because you sure as heck aren't gonna vote them out as evidenced today.

Perfect, in the sense that it will only remove mafia, unlike a vote or a normal vig.

Steam
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    I'll go with Obi's logic here cus it seems like the Shalmelo vote is based off ship buddies? Zombie Hero

Interesting. Because I've talked to 4 people on your ship who have said retiring is their goal.

If you're going to get sarcastic with me you need to walk away and breathe.

If you're going to get sarcastic with me you need to walk away and breathe.

Its not sarcasm?

Perfect, in the sense that it will only remove mafia, unlike a vote or a normal vig.

No

It will also remove villagers.

No

It will also remove villagers.

Why would you give money to a villager to retire?

Steam
    He's saying you end up voting off a villager.

Basically, if you avoid voting off mafia ... you're playing a balancing game of knowingly voting and vigging villagers and hoping you get the mafia paid off before they outnumber the village.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Zombie Hero. Obi's talk makes a whole mess of sense. Either play to your main win con, or get shot out of the sky.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • DeamonIzualDeamonIzual Registered User regular
    So are the alliance on this ship not actively using their abilities to kill villagers? Do we have any way to ensure that they'll be able to make the cash to buy out all of the mafia before they outnumber the village? Is there some sort of agreement with other ship captains to help contribute to some mafia retirement plan? Sorry, I can't see this plan working in the end. Zombie Hero

early vote close suuuucks

I still don't get how taking in village bounties helps village.

Imo, I think Obi wants to weaken the starwhal for selfish reasons.

It helps because it keeps them locked into the main game. Also Obi could then use that bounty money to pay a mafia to exit.

If a villager retires .. let's say you Pluto. You personally win. But it helps the mafia because they are now one person closer to out-numbering the village. In the end the winners would be the mafia + pluto. Which looks bad from a team-work perspective.

The only downside I see to collecting bounty on a villager is that their skills are no longer available to help the ship do jobs, b/c they are stuck in jail. But late game that shouldn't matter. The bounties are worth as much as a job.

I still don't get how taking in village bounties helps village.

Imo, I think Obi wants to weaken the starwhal for selfish reasons.

if selfish reasons = wanting to win the phalla game, then sure.