As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

howto[chat]

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    *Words are the litmus paper of the mind. If you find yourself in the power of someone who will use the word “commence” in cold blood, go somewhere else very quickly.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    PLA wrote: »
    Some days I just want to lie on the floor and strike JoJo-poses.

Orphane on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Some days I just want to lie on the floor and strike JoJo-poses.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Z0nQEPk.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It is not bad.

Bit on the sweet side for me.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Before that incredibly entertaining meltdown the writer had seven one-star reviews. He now has 344.

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Teenage in mushroom years or human years?

Mortious wrote: »
    Z0nQEPk.jpg

i keep clicking the picture but burg hasn't come out of the monitor

how do

• GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Pepperoni on a burger, I am intrigued.

Bogart wrote: »
    Before that incredibly entertaining meltdown the writer had seven one-star reviews. He now has 344.

normally i'd be all, 'well people shouldn't do that'

but it turns out the guy is a plagiarist

I'm a bit upset about that.

His book was doing alright in its niche until he attracted the attention of internet trolls.

815165 wrote: »

Delicious.

This book reminds me of Dungeons and Dragons fanfic I wrote in high school creative writing classes. I failed that class and also didn't have a girlfriend, so it's great to see Dylan not only freeing himself from slavery but also raising the consciousness of humanity with such similar quality work.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Maybe we'll get our own, entertaining mini Shia Lebouf for a while.

Shia is completely inscrutable at this point, because I know and he knows that he's doing some stuff because he's crazy and other stuff because he knows it'll get shared, but I don't think anybody (even Shia) knows which is which.

I ate an engineer
    Gim wrote: »
    Pepperoni on a burger, I am intrigued.

has anyone ever made burger sized pepperoni slices

if not why

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Recommendations from big data amuse me.

I am following four Twitter accounts - one frog ramming thing, Floridaman, dr Karl and the local roller derby league

Based upon this Twitter recommends the pakastani dude from Silicon Valley, Clickhole and some thing about the diabeetus

That does not seem exactly true.

I heard that his preface is similar to some youtube video? But his preface is a brief explanation of his life philosophy. I ain't have problems with adopting someone else's approach to life and then evangelizing for it.

But maybe there is something else I haven't seen yet.

edited June 2015
    Interviews with him are delightful.
    What was your childhood like, and how did it shape who you are today?

My childhood was full of paradoxes. There seemed to be this constant duality in just about every aspect of my life, which gave me many perspectives and allowed me to wear many different masks. Ultimately, I was fortunate enough that my consciousness maintained its understanding and connection with Natural, Moral Law, so I never chose a path that sought to control people, but rather empower them. I have unknowingly tread on the left hand path, and I suffered a lot for that, but it allowed me to gain experience and understanding of certain types of people.

Before your readers cast stones at me for that admission, know that most people are on the left hand path, they just don’t realize it, which was the case with me. So that’s why I became an alchemist, one who transmutes base consciousness into higher consciousness, whereas Sorcerers seek to destroy people from within through obfuscation of the Knowledge of the Self, and they do that for their own ego-driven, selfish gains.

Right now, the most effective way for me to the transmute consciousness of unbegun, unraised slaves is through art, because of the frequency at which my work is created: Love. The greats do what they do because they love it, and Love is the force that expands consciousness.

Dude they were just after a funny story about your mom and dad or something.

Bogart on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Cute weeabette liked me on OKCupid, and I'm like maybe 30% sure she is the same weeabette who was in one of my college classes that I gave up trying to hit on because I couldn't tell if she wasn't about me or if she was just too awkward.

edited June 2015
    milski wrote: »

Shia is completely inscrutable at this point, because I know and he knows that he's doing some stuff because he's crazy and other stuff because he knows it'll get shared, but I don't think anybody (even Shia) knows which is which.

maybe he spins a wheel every day or something
    Winky wrote: »
    Cute weeabette liked me on OKCupid, and I'm like maybe 30% sure she is the same weeabette who was in one of my college classes that I gave up trying to hit on because I couldn't tell if she wasn't about me or if she was just too awkward.

but does she like...naruto

Orphane on
    kedinik wrote: »

That does not seem exactly true.

I heard that his preface is similar to some youtube video? But his preface is a brief explanation of his life philosophy. I ain't have problems with adopting someone else's approach to life and then evangelizing for it.

But maybe there is something else I haven't seen yet.

i agree with your problems you ain't have

maybe it's a matter of presentation but he should be being careful to not pass off someone else's words as his own imo

Interviews with him are delightful.
    What was your childhood like, and how did it shape who you are today?

My childhood was full of paradoxes. There seemed to be this constant duality in just about every aspect of my life, which gave me many perspectives and allowed me to wear many different masks. Ultimately, I was fortunate enough that my consciousness maintained its understanding and connection with Natural, Moral Law, so I never chose a path that sought to control people, but rather empower them. I have unknowingly tread on the left hand path, and I suffered a lot for that, but it allowed me to gain experience and understanding of certain types of people.

Before your readers cast stones at me for that admission, know that most people are on the left hand path, they just don’t realize it, which was the case with me. So that’s why I became an alchemist, one who transmutes base consciousness into higher consciousness, whereas Sorcerers seek to destroy people from within through obfuscation of the Knowledge of the Self, and they do that for their own ego-driven, selfish gains.

Right now, the most effective way for me to the transmute consciousness of unbegun, unraised slaves is through art, because of the frequency at which my work is created: Love. The greats do what they do because they love it, and Love is the force that expands consciousness.

Dude they were just after a funny story about your mom and dad or something.

i fucking

this is almost as bad as the time i discovered the guy who makes "celestial soul portraits"

There is a section in this interview where he talks about his incredible, world-beating accomplishments in PvP MMORPGs.

dylan saccoccio is a saint anyway

for he has helped me discover r/delusionalartists with his douchebaggery

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    MDickie was great for that kind of "self-published dude who thinks he is hot shit" stories

I'm a bit upset about that.

His book was doing alright in its niche until he attracted the attention of internet trolls.

To be fair, a lot of the one star reviews seem to be from people who have downloaded the e-version of his book and at least given it a shot. Judging from the first paragraph, which he quotes in one of the sarchived comments, it's a terrible, terrible book.

Before now, I don't think I've ever heard weaboo (or weabette) used in a remotely positive fashion.

I ate an engineer
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    It's not easy being a man of integrity. Like some sort of superhero, you have to be prepared to do battle with injustice wherever you see it. This particular adventure begins with the unlikely scenario of me embarking on an acting class - for no other reason than I enjoyed it at school and felt it might be a skill worth exploring as games and movies grow closer together. Hey, if you know you're capable of anything, why not? However, I had forgotten what it's like to sit before an insecure teacher and their flock of servile sheep. This one had the knives out for me from the start - beginning, rather predictably, with a stab at my name. She found the name "Dickie" objectionable and implied that I might like to change it for the sake of my career. "Not a chance", I retorted, pointing out that it was unique and memorable (a journalist I haven't had contact with in over 5 years instantly remembered who I was for that very reason). Besides, I wear it as a battle scar that states you can give me the most ridiculous name possible and I'll still make people respect it. She should have been paying ME for this wisdom! Realizing that my mind wasn't up for grabs, she then moved onto the physical and demanded to know why I was sitting in a "confrontational manner". This, I discovered, meant having good posture and holding your head high. I cautioned her that it was a side effect of being fit and confident, and refused to apologize for it. "Why is physical strength important to you?", she pressed, "Were you bullied at school?". "No, I bully bullies", I offered, "That's why I'm standing up to you". We could have made a movie right there with such classic lines! She wasn't impressed though, and pointed out that of all the people in the class I was the only one that had a problem with her. Trying to make MDickie feel bad about being "the odd one out"? The poor bitch didn't know that I could write a book on why that's a GOOD thing! I submitted that I was the only one with the courage and honesty to say what I was really thinking, and again refused to apologize for it. On the contrary, I took it as an enormous compliment. Any fool can sit there nodding their head and smiling politely if it gets them through the next 10 minutes without incident. Clutching at straws, the poor woman then claimed that "I need her more than she needs me". Again, I had to disagree and asserted that I don't need anyone for anything. She misunderstood my words spectacularly, as weak opponents often do, and dismissed me as a soulless robot who doesn't HAVE anyone or anything. I countered that divorcing yourself from "need" is actually the height of humanity and elevates you to a place of CHOICE - where you can in fact "have" anything you want. Since psychoanalysis was the order of the day, I then submitted that her thoughts turned to a "robot" because she wished I was one - and was rather annoyed that I had too much character to be controlled by her! And with that I stormed out of her pitiful class, which hadn't touched upon "acting" in its entire 3-hour length. It seems that skill, like every other, is one that I'll have to master on my own - free from the clutches of embittered has-beens who don't know what they're talking about...

simonwolf on
    Orphane wrote: »

No, she seems way more weeabette than that. Her profile is all like Macross, Persona, and Zero Escape.

And if she actually is the same girl I'm thinking of she's the kind of person who comes to classes wearing a tartan skirt with thigh-high stockings and stands around pigeon-toed, etc.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I notice that the OP has been stealthily edited.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Dude seems maybe a bit on the mentally ill side.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    tumblr_npnd55ccaA1s2kojso1_1280.png

I’m like a mercenary now. I couldn’t possibly care less about Hollywood or the fame and fortune. I already have real wealth, real MONEY, mon- :the prefix of one and ey: eye; one eye, one I, one self, the unity consciousness. So I think, so I feel, and so I act. That’s money.

please tell me someone somewhere has audio of how this man pronounces money

Dude seems maybe a bit on the mentally ill side.

Yeah I'm getting the impression he might produce a bit more dopamine than the average person.

Orphane wrote: »

No, she seems way more weeabette than that. Her profile is all like Macross, Persona, and Zero Escape.

And if she actually is the same girl I'm thinking of she's the kind of person who comes to classes wearing a tartan skirt with thigh-high stockings and stands around pigeon-toed, etc.

I think I'd consider more Naruto fans weaboos than fans of other works, but I tend to only use weaboo as a term for the obnoxious, awful sort of anime fans.

Still, Persona and Zero Escape are good choices. If nothing else, you need to steal her video games.

I ate an engineer
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    So, I accidentally clicked on the internet dating thread.

When I do that it heralds controversy and this time was no exception

What a place.

... people think Zero Escape is good?

My favourite thing about MDickie's self-aggrandising nature is that he didn't know how to code a quit function, so exiting the game worked by overloading the system with a loop function until it terminated the game itself

simonwolf wrote: »
    ... people think Zero Escape is good?

yes

This discussion has been closed.