As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great Big E3 Thread of Announcements, Leaks, Hype, and Doom!

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    The Adr1ft E3 trailer leaked today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMWf39xOKZQ

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    The biggest announcement of the year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJUsVvGATLY

If this is an Xbone exclusive I will be SUPER pissed.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    The biggest announcement of the year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJUsVvGATLY
    Nobody has cared about the franchise since they stabbed it in the heart with microstransactions.

Wasn't Garden Warfare decent?

It was loaded to the brim with pay to win microtransactions.

It absolutely was not. The only thing money got you was skins, zombie summons and potted plants and you were slopping over with them anyway. It was an amazingly fun multiplayer shooter.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wait, are people confusing PvZ 2 (which does have terrible microtransactions) with the Garden Warfare shooter?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    E3 wild speculation:

In an effort to get 3rd party developers to drop cross-generation development, Sony drops the 500gb PS4 price to $299.99 (and drops the game bundle) and intro's a 1tb model at $399.99.

nusu on
  • Options
    Wait, are people confusing PvZ 2 (which does have terrible microtransactions) with the Garden Warfare shooter?

PvZ2 micro transactions do indeed suck poo and there's a shit load of them.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Microsoft announced a 1tb $400 model and confirmed the $350 500gb model is a permanent pricedrop.

EDIT: Master of Orion remake E3 trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtQhNef17zw

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Microsoft announced a 1tb $400 model and confirmed the $350 500gb model is a permanent pricedrop.

This is pretty much why I'm guessing Sony drops the 500gb model PS4 price (hoping for 299.99, but probably just to 349.99), and adds in the 1tb model.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

EDIT: Master of Orion remake E3 trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtQhNef17zw

Awesome, they're finally going to make MOO3! MOO2 was awesome, and I can't believe they NEVER MADE A SEQUEL. Remember. THEY NEVER MADE A SEQUEL TILL RIGHT NOW.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    What I'm expecting from most of the conferences

Bethesda:
    Really, most curious about them. Only thing I know is guaranteed is Fallout 4. Which makes their conference pretty exciting as it probably means quite a few surprises.

MS:
    Halo 5
    Crackdown 3
    Scalebound
    Something new from the Gears team
    Fable Legends stuff
    3rd party stuff like Tomb Raider and a look at that VR stuff or whatever

EA:
    Battlefront
    ME2
    ME4
    Something from Criterion
    More info about one or more of their unannounced IPs
    Titanfall 2
    And the usual sports collage.

Ubisoft:
    New Assassin's Creed
    Maybe finally give the Division a release date
    Rainbow Six: Siege
    Maybe a new Prince of Persia
    Watch Dogs 2
    New Splinter Cell
    Maybe a new IP
    And of course, Just Dance

Sony:
    More on Uncharted 4
    Probably more on whatever their other 1st party studios are working on.
    Probably a lot of 3rd party stuff like SFV and such.
    Their VR stuff and the other usual marketing biz.

Nintendo:
    Haven't really been keeping up with them outside of the stuff that's already known. Not expecting too many surprises but who knows.

Square Enix:
    Deus Ex
    Tomb Raider
    Maybe a new Hitman
    Final Fantasy 15
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Maybe a new IP or at least the announcement of a returning one.

I'd say for the most part that's a pretty safe list of expectations. But I'm expecting a few surprises here and there.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    What I'm expecting from most of the conferences

Bethesda:
    Really, most curious about them. Only thing I know is guaranteed is Fallout 4. Which makes their conference pretty exciting as it probably means quite a few surprises.

Doom will be there for sure too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca1cHfu1cso

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The Guardian is predicting The Last Guardian will show.
    "Yes, we know it has been in development hell since 2007, but we have it on very good authority that this will be the year that Team Ico finally presents its follow-up to much loved classics Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Whether it’ll bear any relation to the game last shown at E3 in 2009 is anyone’s guess."

Hah. Yeah right. The game is fucking dead and burred and never coming out.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    2009 sounds funnier every time I hear it.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    The Last Guardian is our 'Nessie. It's our Loch Ness monster that we'll chase forever.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    More stuff popping up.

Lego Marvel Avengers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuw92QMPQA4

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »

This is pretty much why I'm guessing Sony drops the 500gb model PS4 price (hoping for 299.99, but probably just to 349.99), and adds in the 1tb model.

doubt it, sony is winning and sony is broke. not going to chop the price unless they have to.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    What's that video of? Youtube is blocked at work but I can see the preview image is a giant avengers logo.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    The Adr1ft E3 trailer leaked today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMWf39xOKZQ

Gravity the game?

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    What's that video of? Youtube is blocked at work but I can see the preview image is a giant avengers logo.

Lego Marvel Avengers

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    My grand prediction is that games will be announced and detailed.

Seriously though:

Microsoft: Black Ops 3 and Halo 5 are a given. We'll probably see more about Quantum Break, Scalebound, and Crackdown 2. May announce a new game from Rare they've been hinting at, and everyone will be disappointed again. Not sure what else they'll do. Phantom Dust HD will be a no-show.

Sony: The next Destiny expansion will probably be announced. They'll also unveil exclusive shit for the PS4 version of MGSV. We'll also see Uncharted 4, Wild, and The Tomorrow Children. Possibly see Bloodborne DLC. Last Guardian and Vita will be a no-show.

Nintendo: Last year's event was fantastic, but I have my doubts if they can follow through this year. With Zelda a no-show, options are limited. I imagine we'll see more info on Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World, Star Fox, and Xenoblade X. Smash will probably be absent, as that will be covered by an event prior that morning, but I imagine the next round of DLC will be announced there. As the Lucas DLC comes out that day, releasing Mother 3 on the VC is their last good opportunity (don't take this from me). They'll probably announce a new round of Mario Kart 8 DLC and their plans for Splatoon updates. After that, it's mostly a wild-card. SMTxFE info? We're also due announcement from alpha-dream, Camelot, Next Level, and Retro, so that should be fun.

Squeenix: Mostly focused on Rise of the Tomb Raider and Deux Ex. We'll probably see stuff from Dragon Quest Heroes. They may announce a localization of Final Fantasy Explorers and give more information on Bravely Second, assuming Nintendo doesn't do it. Might see some stuff from Figureheads. HOPEFULLY get more info on a localized console port of the new Dissidia game (WANT). Kingdom Hearts 3 & FFXV will be a no-show.
    Square Enix:
    Deus Ex
    Tomb Raider
    Maybe a new Hitman
    Final Fantasy 15
    Kingdom Hearts 3

They already said FFXV won't be at E3 (but will at Gamescom). They also announced a new IP this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVKNldT8Wx8

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Edit: Double-post. Sorry.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Mirror's Edge: Catalyst confirmed as new title for Mirror's Edge 2, and it'll be at E3
    http://www.mirrorsedge.com/#blog

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp5nn4JlGe4

Potential!

I wanted a sequel, personally, but the more people that play this game, the better, I say.

• Options
    Oh hey, maybe we'll get some news about The Witness at Sony's conference.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Oh hey, maybe we'll get some news about The Witness at Sony's conference.

Yeah, where IS that game anyway? It seems like forever since we last heard about it.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    There were a couple of game announced at the 2013 E3 that didn't show up at 2014 and have gone radio silent.

I'm pretty much wait and see on most of them.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    My realistic hope for E3: Sony announces that we'll be able to change our PSN names soon.

nusu on
  • Options
    Woah...they're finally giving Devil's Third a release date.

That's surprising given I wasn't even sure if that game existed anymore.

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Koei will show Ni-Oh and Sony will show The Last Guardian at the same show, and a great rift will open in the earth and swallow the entire conference grounds, where the groaning of the Earth shall trumpet the end of days... but not before Kamiya dives into the chasm with Platinum's new WiiU title accompanied by an awesome guitar riff because RULES OF NATURE

Every E3 the thing I look forward the most is being surprised, even if the surprises are weird and not at all things I want.
    Speaking of doom, though, I am legitimately looking forward to more info about the new Doom... even if none of the original Doom staff are involved with it.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Speaking of Kamiya, moar Scalebound pls

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Woah...they're finally giving Devil's Third a release date.

That's surprising given I wasn't even sure if that game existed anymore.

It was at E3 last year, and they've been cleaning it up since then.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Zython wrote: »
    My grand prediction is that games will be announced and detailed.

Seriously though:

Microsoft: Black Ops 3 and Halo 5 are a given. We'll probably see more about Quantum Break, Scalebound, and Crackdown 2. May announce a new game from Rare they've been hinting at, and everyone will be disappointed again. Not sure what else they'll do. Phantom Dust HD will be a no-show.

Sony: The next Destiny expansion will probably be announced. They'll also unveil exclusive shit for the PS4 version of MGSV. We'll also see Uncharted 4, Wild, and The Tomorrow Children. Possibly see Bloodborne DLC. Last Guardian and Vita will be a no-show.

Nintendo: Last year's event was fantastic, but I have my doubts if they can follow through this year. With Zelda a no-show, options are limited. I imagine we'll see more info on Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World, Star Fox, and Xenoblade X. Smash will probably be absent, as that will be covered by an event prior that morning, but I imagine the next round of DLC will be announced there. As the Lucas DLC comes out that day, releasing Mother 3 on the VC is their last good opportunity (don't take this from me). They'll probably announce a new round of Mario Kart 8 DLC and their plans for Splatoon updates. After that, it's mostly a wild-card. SMTxFE info? We're also due announcement from alpha-dream, Camelot, Next Level, and Retro, so that should be fun.

Squeenix: Mostly focused on Rise of the Tomb Raider and Deux Ex. We'll probably see stuff from Dragon Quest Heroes. They may announce a localization of Final Fantasy Explorers and give more information on Bravely Second, assuming Nintendo doesn't do it. Might see some stuff from Figureheads. HOPEFULLY get more info on a localized console port of the new Dissidia game (WANT). Kingdom Hearts 3 & FFXV will be a no-show.
    Square Enix:
    Deus Ex
    Tomb Raider
    Maybe a new Hitman
    Final Fantasy 15
    Kingdom Hearts 3

They already said FFXV won't be at E3 (but will at Gamescom). They also announced a new IP this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVKNldT8Wx8

Oh I'm hoping we'll hear some Front Mission news from them now that they got the Armored Core/Chromehounds guy working on the series.

Though it may be a bit too early for that.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    If we're being blindly hopeful, then Beyond Good & Evil 2 at the Ubisoft conference.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    That's actually a thing, though, right? We saw early concept development footage and they said that it was in the pipeline

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Well, if we go by that footage, then BG&E2 will be little more than reskinned Assassin's Creed.

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Well, if we go by that footage, then BG&E2 will be little more than reskinned Assassin's Creed.

So it will be an Ubisoft game?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

Bleh. The original was more metal gear.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    If we're being blindly hopeful, then Beyond Good & Evil 2 at the Ubisoft conference.

If this ever happens, I have a feeling it won't be the game we hope it'll be, or even a good follow up of the first game. I'm still doubtful it'll ever happen.

In other news, apparently Nintendo filed for a trademarked for "Diddy Kong" in Europe.

https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014229579

A long while back it was rumored that Monster Games was working on Diddy Kong Racing 2. So maybe we'll see that this year.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    What's the skinny on The Division?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    What's the skinny on The Division?

I believe it's confirmed to be at the show. Not sure as to what capacity, though. Could be a new trailer, maybe playable?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
This discussion has been closed.