As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Love] is...

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I'm proud of ya, Tam.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    [...] achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.
    Tam wrote: »
    Tam you're a rad artist

Which means that you understand that in order to be good at something, you have to first be awful at it but keep doing it anyway

Fair enough, I take your point.

I sent her a message "hey so would you like to get some coffee with me some time next week?"

I'm off to find a well to go sit at the bottom of. Goodbye forever, everybody!

just remember, whether she says yes or no, this is a victory

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Someone might want to consult a mod before we jump aboard a new Confession thread.

Yeah I thought they were straight up banned after what happened in the last one.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    the answer.
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Someone might want to consult a mod before we jump aboard a new Confession thread.

Yeah I thought they were straight up banned after what happened in the last one.

Dare I ask? PM me if you don't want to start a kerfuffle

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    well i like to wait a year before trying a new confession thread

but i could always just open up the confession tumblr and publish the asks i guess

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I think last time it got closed because it got a bit dark / too close to the brain problems thread.

Blake T wrote: »
    I think last time it got closed because it got a bit dark / too close to the brain problems thread.

it was mainly because multiple people expressed suicidal ideations

too big for this forums britches!

here's the tumblr just in case http://seplusplusconfessions.tumblr.com/

EzUAYcn.png
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    the answer.
    Blake T wrote: »

Whew! I mean... that is bad. But I thought you were going to say someone admitted to a serious crime or something way out there.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Maybe if it does come back crwth can house rule in no suicidal confessions.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    or at least that they won't be published

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I love The Eagles

Somebody fight me

With the exception of Joe Walsh, all of The Eagles are assholes and can go to FuckOffTown

Don Henley is clearly the only worthwhile component of the Eagles

Don Henley is an asshole who treats his road crew and his bandmates like shit. Don Henley can bite a turd and choke on it.

Right but I mean how good is Boys of Summer, right? So good

don henley was in the ataris?

like i said i can publish any asks on the blog and not onto the forum if a thread is too soon

EzUAYcn.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Confessing suicidal ideation anonymously to a large online community is an unbelievably unfair thing to do to people and fwiw I absolutely think it was appropriate for that thread to get closed and for there to be hesitation around a new one.

I also do not think a rule that just says "they won't get published" is adequate enough protection (psychologically or otherwise) for someone doing crwth's role.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    There are quite a few people around here who have some (legit) reason or another for not getting or not being able to get help when they perhaps need to. And so they seek support where they can find it, which is great! This forum is a great place for it!

I have said it before but support from a forum is not therapy. Nor, unfortunately, would a lot of advice offered across a range of threads be considered therapeutic or responsible as a result. It's all well-meaning and can be helpful in the short-term, but it also looks cycle-perpetuating. I wonder sometimes if we don't create our own (mental) monsters.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    a many splendored thing.
    In this week's installment of Grey Ghost is in some real trouble!

An old friend of mine from school took me out to dinner tonight in the Korean section of Annandale
    (I think I've mentioned her before, she's the rugby-playing metalhead with the mean right cross)

I'm not sure what the food was actually called because she ordered for both of us in Korean, but it was like, super tasty marinated beef and like a pork belly thing
    And then we went and had bingsoo for dessert

And she's talking about all kinds of stuff like her work in genetics, and like, the origins of the Korean alphabet? and how the characters for the vowels are designed to mimic the shape of the lips and tongue while making those sounds, and she's demonstrating all of these and drawing little shapes on the table

And I'm just like

0dmZ33w.gif

a many splendored thing.
    Also I got a kiss on the cheek when she dropped me off

7MWdG8u.gif

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Having been to Korea, I can relate on not having any idea what I ate and that Hangul is pretty cool.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Is it really corny that my favorite love song is "He Stopped Loving Her Today?"

a many splendored thing.
    Gundi wrote: »
    Is it really corny that my favorite love song is "He Stopped Loving Her Today?"

No because it's goddamn George Jones and I cry every time I hear that song

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
    As someone who loves drippy country songs... yeah, that one is too corny.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    @Brainleech did you get the pm I sent you?

Yes
    yes I did
    I don't want to put my first name as I rarely see people do it in their profile
    The other thing is why I have in my message me Someone asked me where they could get blood. Is the joke of why I don't have any pictures of me smiling. I had one of me smiling and showing off my teeth in a way several people contacted me asking if I was a real vampire

• TamTam Registered User regular
    I got a reply
    Now I have to figure out what day and where I want to meet this smart funny pretty lady for coffee
    How quickly do you suppose I could get a Xanax prescription?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Depends on how comfortable you are with dark alleys.

Uriel wrote: »
    Depends on how comfortable you are with dark alleys.

Or questionable parts of town

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    @Brainleech did you get the pm I sent you?

Yes
    yes I did
    I don't want to put my first name as I rarely see people do it in their profile
    The other thing is why I have in my message me Someone asked me where they could get blood. Is the joke of why I don't have any pictures of me smiling. I had one of me smiling and showing off my teeth in a way several people contacted me asking if I was a real vampire

oh right I didn't know if it went through as you never replied to me - thought that was bit rude!

Sorry I got distracted with cleaning the house. the desk the computer sits on and so on. so much dust

• CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    So, I met my GRE tutor today.

He's really attractive.

Normally when I think a guy's attractive, it's somebody I'm never going to see again. I haven't been attracted to somebody I was going to see regularly, in... geez... Three years? Maybe longer?

I'm not sure what to do about this...

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Spend all your tutoring sessions writing his name in cute bubble letters and doodling hearts

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    And/or ask him if he could also tutor you about smooching

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    What's GRE?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    @Creagan I heard showing some nipple works. :+1:

:P But seriously, maybe see how he responds to some subtle flirting?

steam_sig.png
    builderr0r wrote: »
    Creagan I heard showing some nipple works. :+1:

Ellen-Spittake-Shock.gif

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    show him the wikipedia page on nipples

Wikipedia is a trap
    First it's nipples then 30 minutes later you realize the trap has been sprung when you at slugs or the Griggstown Cow

What about showing a cat's belly? Six little nipples will be 6 times more effective. That's just math.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    there is a wikipedia article on the concept of Intimate parts

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    What about showing a cat's belly? Six little nipples will be 6 times more effective. That's just math.

That might give him the wrong idea or a whole different series of ideas

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    i'm going to a wedding in connecticut this weekend

i'm the best man!

my most important duty is putting a shitload of natty boh into the back of my car for the reception

~love~
    i didn't fuck anything up, i gave a minute-or-so speech that people said was both v. funny and touching, and then i drank about seven thousand beers

weddings rule

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    the first thing someone said to me yesterday was "why do you always looks so uncomfortable?"

so that's going to be in my brain forever

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.