As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

howto[chat]

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I turn 30 this year and it is the most depressing thing ever to think about. I will be a 30 year old first year student. 11 years wasted.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    I turn 30 this year and it is the most depressing thing ever to think about. I will be a 30 year old first year student. 11 years wasted.

you could be 30 and not trying to improve your life

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Eh.

Really wasted or were there good times during those 11 years?

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    *sips wine*

*stares out window*

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get rid of the smell of smoke?

To get rid of the smell in your microwave, boil a bowl full of vinegar. Works really well from when I had a microwave fire.

The microwave was on fire. I will not try turning it on. The smell is in the whole house :(

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

george miller who is australian and therefore the same as u was liek 40 when he directed mad max 1

u have 10 years to slack around before ur first movie ok keep it on the lockdown

obF2Wuw.png
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    it was called logans run

Michael York documentaries are suspect at best, P10, I keep telling you this every day

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    van gogh was like 30 when he started drawing srsly 2 just keep ur butt on and blast hard

obF2Wuw.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Every morning you should wake up and say well, at least I'm not dead yet.

Trace wrote: »

Eh.

Flunking uni first time around. Hilariously unhealthy relationships. Multiple suicide attempts. Multiple stays in mental health wards. Shitty short term jobs.

I guess getting to see RATM and NIN live were good bits?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Coinage wrote: »
    Every morning you should wake up and say well, at least I'm not dead yet.

Soon

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

To get rid of the smell in your microwave, boil a bowl full of vinegar. Works really well from when I had a microwave fire.

The microwave was on fire. I will not try turning it on. The smell is in the whole house :(

Ah, well then, getting a new microwave is probably the faster option to a non-smelly microwave.

Rest of the house? Vinegar can still help. White vinegar obviously. Does actually do a good job of cutting down on the smell.

Like, wash the walls with a vinegar/water mix and just leave some bowls of the stuff out. Your house will smell like vinegar for a bit but it will cut the smoke smell down alot faster.

Tav wrote: »

you could be 30 and not trying to improve your life

I know. I'm pretty happy with how things are going right now. I still feel a tremendous loss though at not having been able to get to this point years earlier.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Eh.

Flunking uni first time around. Hilariously unhealthy relationships. Multiple suicide attempts. Multiple stays in mental health wards. Shitty short term jobs.

I guess getting to see RATM and NIN live were good bits?

You're getting it goin, feel good

Lh96QHG.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular

Cleaning service for sure. There are ones that specialize in fires.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i got blowjobs on occasion and i went to pax (unrelated... maybe), i once saw a kickass electrical storm, taylor swift got popular

the rest of my 20s were garbage

Am in this video.

About five pixels of a few frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFV4Cglw3Sg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

im just 28

my 20s consisted of me playing vidya and eating burg and wandering around the world doing nothing it was gud i rate it highly

obF2Wuw.png
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    How does one get a work permit in australia

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I work in higher ed and non traditional students are almost invariably better prepared and take their stff more seriously thana lot of undergrads

Lh96QHG.png
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

step one: don't be from a brown country
    step two: welcome to straya, mate

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

step one: don't be from a brown country
    step two: welcome to straya, mate

Nice I am already halfway done

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I spent my 20s not knowing what to do.

I am spending my 30s perfecting that.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    I spent my 20s not knowing what to do.

I am spending my 30s perfecting that.

You're a good Squirrel.

• KanaKana Registered User regular

I'm 32 and just starting my bachelor's this fall, in a field where you probably have to have a master's before you can really get any particularly good work.

So you're hardly alone in that boat mate

The good news is that now you'll show up to class with the fucking drive to do really well while a bunch of retarded 18 year olds sit next to you, goof off, and make you look brilliant in comparison.

So it's not all bad!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    this tinder girl talking about how good mulaney is

i approve

I work in higher ed and non traditional students are almost invariably better prepared and take their stff more seriously thana lot of undergrads

I have been both and holy fuck have both times been different.

Have gone from 50% in exams scraping me a pass to passing exams this semester meaning I'll get credits at minimum.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    I'll be 32 in October and need a career change but am paralyzed by indecision.

Some of these posts are inspiring, however.

Kana wrote: »

I'm 32 and just starting my bachelor's this fall, in a field where you probably have to have a master's before you can really get any particularly good work.

The good news is that now you'll show up to class with the fucking drive to do really well while a bunch of retarded 18 year olds sit next to you, goof off, and make you look brilliant in comparison.

So it's not all bad!

18yo chem students are the worst. Dumb as fuck when it comes to the practicals.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    I'll be 32 in October and need a career change but am paralyzed by indecision.

Some of these posts are inspiring, however.

Here are your career options:

Dinosaur
    Fire Truck

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I look at how terribly I am progressing in my PhD and wondering if I could flee to Corsica, learn to become a cobbler

Kana wrote: »

So it's not all bad!

this is a lie i can be useless at university at any age ffs

obF2Wuw.png
    http://youtu.be/7sr3ThCPHWw

@Organichu @Casual Eddy

My god

Can't s..say that about f..flotus...

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I am actually trying to find a job in australia tho. All I can find is govt jobs which I have no idea how hard it is to get hired as a fat American idiot

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    I think struggling with this essay is bringing me down somewhat. Gonna take a yoga break, swear at DDP for a while, then have a fresh crack at it.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Sometimes I look at how terribly I am progressing in my PhD and wondering if I could flee to Corsica, learn to become a cobbler
    how many years in
    6+?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    An American died fighting ISIS Syria. I wonder if there are some numbers on those anti-IS foreign fighters.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I am actually trying to find a job in australia tho. All I can find is govt jobs which I have no idea how hard it is to get hired as a fat American idiot

Look for shit in Melbourne. It's about the only job market that isn't entirely fucked.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

I finished my masters at 24 and spent the last two years working shit jobs trying to pay down loans till I can get an in

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.