As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Phallafly - The End, Village - and half the Mafia - Victory

1212223242527»

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Maybe you had to work a job on that main planet also?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Funny story ... I thought Garick was the seer and TRV was the mafia ...

What made you think I was mafia

I explained why I thought you were mafia, but oops you were the seer. Either way, I knew you weren't playing your vanillger self. I privately voiced my suspicion of ZH to Obi, so I am confused as to why everyone thought I was mafia.

thanks for running jdarksun, this felt like a faction game with the unfortunate problem of having my faction neutered on day two.

This is an odd complaint considering you could join a new "faction" at any time.

I offered space on my ship to everyone I talked to that sounded like they wanted it.

I couldn't in good conscience accept this when Buddha was the remaining crew member aboard my ship, and he was "The Fixer".
    Also, the bounty board appeared to be updated with perfect information when someone with a bounty landed on one of the 5 trade planets, so I also thought you knew where he was Day 2.
    But it appears that the initial Day 1 info was plain fabricated, so I guess not.

nah, the locations on the bounty board were always the same

I told anyone on my crew that if they were my crew, bounties didn't matter.

Then I don't know.
    The Fixer's bounty only went up when I landed on Persephone.

That was probably a giant coincidence because one of the bounties died.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Buddha was the Bandit and the alliance cruiser stopped him for his Warrant (iirc)

• Options
    Yup, he was the Bandit and the Alliance Cruiser stopped you and fined you for harboring a fugitive. Bounties and Warrants were two different things, Warrants could be cleared.

• Options
    Oh. Apparently I had that all mixed up then.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You weren't the only one!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I was The Fixer

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I was a mason, I tried to do some unique stuff but I wound up getting knocked out early.
    Not sure what to have been done there, for my part.
    That's the story on the masons.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Did anyone feel like the Village was too weak?

Without the bribery aspect, they may well have been. Was the game balanced around 1 or 2 alliance getting paid off?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Considering we easily won, no.

In only phalla game, 2 mafia kills per day would of been tough to beat.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

Finding out they didn't have a guard? *maybe*
    Thinking they did have a guard? Not at all.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    For what its worth here is my side of the story:

When I reveled to obi I was the vig he his reply was for me to kill my crew. I told him no that was not an option and he wouldn't budge and insisted that I needed to do it. I received no seer information, no discussion on who would be suspicious or a good target outside of my crew and he wouldn't consider any other plan.

I made it clear that I would not consider that as an option and that if it was his only plan then there was nothing more for us to discuss and he proceeded to dig up old posts from a year ago and throw them in my face and accuse me of going against my win condition for trying to win with my team. There were about 5 other posts that I didn't read because I ran out of steam and still needed to figure out my orders. There was nothing I could say that he would consider.

I withdrew quietly when jdark assured me he could get a replacement. Obifett completely disrespected me and treated me like I was worthless in an effort to get what he wanted. Then turned around after I was gone and achieved what I had intended from the beginning.

I will be taking a break from phalla.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Dude, im sorry it went down the way it did.

All I was asking of you was to kill mafia. You offered me no alternative either, fwiw, besides your entire ship retiring.

And of course i didn't give you seer info, you weren't confirmed.

If you want, bedlam, I can re-add you to the PM chain so you read it again and or post it here to try and backup that I disrespected you or treated you as worthless because that's just not true.

Again, I'm sorry if any of it came across as personal. It was purely game stuff with me fighting for the village to keep their vig focused on the village wincon. I used prior posts you made because it contained reasoning that I agreed with and needed you to follow in this game. Had you not, and decided to retire then I wouldn't have held it against you because it was a wincon.

Finally, I did what "you had intended from the beginning" because gizzy/ZH shared the plan. Had you done that, I would have gone along with it from the get go as evidenced by my actions.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Depends what you mean.
    I think the specials were the only method the Village had of rooting out mafia as the vote was dominated by soft factions.
    So I felt vanillagers were too weak.

discrider on
  • Options
    I'm probably making it worse. I'm sorry bedlam.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'm probably making it worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZdHdd88jo

• Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    oh also @Garick you were like, maybe the most mafia poster i have ever seen. I was following the thread after I died and didn't talk to anyone and I was like, oh man this dude is definitely mafia.

and I am terrible at finding mafia like that. Like it basically looked like this:

fellow_kids_steve_buscemi.gif

Really? I wonder what I wrote that made it seem like that. To be honest, my posts were never intended to mislead the village, they were pretty much exactly what I would have posted if I was a villager, as I was trying to find the reaver, and I really did think obi might have been converted. (woulda been an awesome play to convert the mouthpiece, and I had a hunch that reavers had that ability)

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Also the bounty hunting ship started out with the best spread of skills, negotiate x2 techx2 fightx2 and medic. And we only had 2 crew!

I know my character was moral and lawful with 4 skills (in the boarder systems) so it was a bit of a trade off, it still seems a bit much for 1/4 payout on the jobs that really mattered.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Garick wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    oh also @Garick you were like, maybe the most mafia poster i have ever seen. I was following the thread after I died and didn't talk to anyone and I was like, oh man this dude is definitely mafia.

and I am terrible at finding mafia like that. Like it basically looked like this:

fellow_kids_steve_buscemi.gif

Really? I wonder what I wrote that made it seem like that. To be honest, my posts were never intended to mislead the village, they were pretty much exactly what I would have posted if I was a villager, as I was trying to find the reaver, and I really did think obi might have been converted. (woulda been an awesome play to convert the mouthpiece, and I had a hunch that reavers had that ability)

there were a lot of posts that were for lack of a better word "reaction" posts that look like someone pretending to be a villager. It's difficult to quantify, but the basic idea is that when you're mafia, you can kind of try too hard to look like a villager. Reaction posts to narrations can be hot spots, as well as sort of fluff posts that bring up "discussion" to the village but go no where and end up not influencing your vote in any meaningful way.

Like, yes, there was definitely at least enough in the game to bring up that obi could have been converted, but the way in which you did it was just enough to throw shade on him, while not taking enough of a stand to actually do anything about it. The mafia is never (usually never) going to just vocally try and get the village to not trust the net head. But if they can influence the village to do it for them, they've done their job well. As such, it's usually something of a mafia flag to see a post that's like "well I think x is suspicious for y but I guess I'll throw a vote on z"

Other mafia flags are the reaction posts that are like "oh no! reavers! what could that mean??" That and the sort of light RP are just more things that can sort of in aggregate point someone out as trying to look like a villager.

• Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    I imagine I must always look mafia then haha. i'm only ever around for vote close and a couple hours after that, so my posts are always fluff reaction to the narration and tentative vote before much discussion because I can't be sure I can make it back to read everything before vote close the next day.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I imagine I must always look mafia then haha. i'm only ever around for vote close and a couple hours after that, so my posts are always fluff reaction to the narration and tentative vote before much discussion because I can't be sure I can make it back to read everything before vote close the next day.

I used to do the same thing with the reaction posts to narration. Got me killed quite a few times. Speculation on possible mechanics from narration may get you a pass but if you say "oh man those dirty mafia are going to pay for that!" Don't be too surprised if you end up getting stabulated

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Just wanted to apologize to @jdarksun again.

I dislike signing up for games and then dying to Inactivus, and I know it can be really frustrating for the host, especially because I think there was quite a bit of that this game.

Sorry, mate!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options

Heres the thing though: if you always act that way and stay consistent with it every game, then it will be less "oh Garick is mafia" and more "oh that's just Garick".

Just keep being you no matter if you are village or mafia and no one will be able to tell after a while.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Get blindingly drunk and just make post.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Who used to do that? Name started with an "A", maybe? And there were possibly pigeons involved?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I never post sober. It's how them ninjas get you.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Who used to do that? Name started with an "A", maybe? And there were possibly pigeons involved?

Alegis, in case you actually forgot!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Get blindingly drunk and just make mafia kill on teammates.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

Alegis, in case you actually forgot!

I did! Thanks! Those were the good days :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Just wanted to apologize to @jdarksun again.

I dislike signing up for games and then dying to Inactivus, and I know it can be really frustrating for the host, especially because I think there was quite a bit of that this game.

Sorry, mate!
    No worries dude, it happens. I will happily replace anybody that needs it, just let me know. :)