As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arkham Knight] Asylum and City Remasters are out for PS4+Xbone

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Oh jesus this is hilarious.
    The bit where Kevin Conroy all casual goes "Yeah I played it. It's pretty good."

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I'm wondering I've got the season pass on Xbox one will that mean I can get the scarecrow stuff when it goes to that platform? I really would be pissed if I had to pay for it, after preordering and getting the season pass

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    "I grabbed a bat from a dude, and used that bat against him." - kumail nanjiani, 2015

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    I really want to see the "first two hours" playthrough kinda thing.

Mainly because I liked the metroidvania aspects of the first three (I'm counting Origins dammit), and having a batmobile seems like it would be difficult to have the previous style of games intact.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Batmobile has it's own upgrade tree btw.
    It aint kitted out from the start.

It's a metroidvania Batmobile.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    You'll have to haggle at the upgrade shop because they'll want to overcharge you on a new suspension that you don't need.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I just finished Asylum.

I guess you can say I was late to Joker's party

YL9WnCY.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Seeing those videos make me a little hopeful but there's no guarantee that they're not showing PC footage with those PS4 controllers

Because it looks really smooth

My big fear is that AK will run like shit like every other big new release on modern consoles

If it runs at the smooth framerate of AA and AC we'll be golden

If it runs at the laughably low framerate of Origins I'm out

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I too hope that after going two for two, that Rocksteady doesn't fuck us at the finish line.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Seeing those videos make me a little hopeful but there's no guarantee that they're not showing PC footage with those PS4 controllers

My big fear is that AK will run like shit like every other big new release on modern consoles

A few minor changes to get it to run on consoles, but we can confirm the batmobile is still in the game.
    716-2.jpeg

ujav5b9gwj1s.png

I wanna say Rocksteady has a pretty good track record, and most times they have shown it on Arkham Insider it's been the PS4 version. I doubt they would compromise on the fidelity since so much of what makes the combat so good is the snappy fluidity of it from the first two.
    Of course you can always wait for Digital Foundry's inevitable console vs pc breakdown.

Well, time to start Arkham City.

Surely it can't top Asylum!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I just finished Asylum.

I guess you can say I was late to Joker's party

I hope you made the appropriate entrance.

kyrcl.png
  • McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    Current rumor is that some reviews like IGN and Kotaku will be up on Friday, the 19th. I say rumor because his confirmation is a tweet that has since been deleted.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/06/11/batman-arkham-knight-review-copies-wont-go-out-until-launch/

It seems possible as the last two major WB published games that I remember, Shadow of Mordor and Witcher 3, had reviews up before release.

They'd hopefully mention any glaring technical issues.

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Well, if reviews were embargoed until after release, then I'd lose a lot of faith in the game.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Indeed.

If it's worth anything, every time I've heard from a hands-on experience the feedback has been along the lines of "yup it's another batman game" so I'm not worried at this point.

Having said that, loads of people complained about the performance of City on PC, but I can't say I ever saw what they were getting at as I didn't have any problems with it.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    My framerate is kinda low at times on City, but I do have my settings maxed the fuck out.

YL9WnCY.png
  • cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    City still can't run worth a shit on DX11 on PC to my knowledge.

I'm at precisely zero hype for this game...Asylum is one of my favorites of all time, and Origins (bugs aside) was a gigantic leap above City for me, so I don't really have much faith in Rocksteady to provide anything but solid combat and not much else here. City had an absolutely terrible story that, at times, made MK: Annihilation look simple, and it seems like they're putting even more into this one.

I don't know, I'm not expecting much out of this one for some reason. The overdesigned Batsuit is pretty much an allegory for the series as a whole. Needlessly complicated with no real purpose.

Dini isn't writing the story for Knight though.

YL9WnCY.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Dini isn't writing the story for Knight though.

Dini didn't write the story for Origins either.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Overdesigned Batsuit? Bats is sick of getting a hole blasted in his suit two minutes into each game. Of course he's gonna armor it up.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    It annoys me when Batman looks like a Play Arts figure, unless it's an actual Play Arts figure. I just don't like the kitchen sink approach they've taken after Asylum. Asylum was simple, to the point, streamlined, and just flat out good. I understand wanting to outdo yourself, but sometimes you get lost along the way.

• ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    I like the new Batsuit, looks very TDK.

• McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    Little too much like Iron-man for me. Supposedly you start the game in the Asylum/City suit and then don the new one. Hopefully, we can go back to those, since we can change skins now.

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
    It's not uncommon for Batman to increasingly edge towards power-armor as he gets older, just to make up for his age plus the physical stress his knight job has put on him.

I'm sorry. I saw the pun, and couldn't resist.

that physically pained me

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    that physically pained me

I need a medic

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

Batman's job is basically "get shot at and punched by every known criminal to ever exist in Gotham". I was him I would be rocking a fucking Gundam (which Jim Gordon is basically doing as the current Batman in the comics).

Man I hope we get Jim Gordon Batman skin...
    1zld7av.png

Hey, it's Battflek.

1. I do not like City using a sandbox.
    2. Combat feels better somehow despite not being radically different from Asylum. Maybe it's because have a lot of freeflow experience under my belt and know which upgrades to grab first.
    Laughing my ass off at Batman saying "I'm a man of my word." literally after lying to Talia. A+ writing there.

YL9WnCY.png
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    1. I do not like City using a sandbox.
    2. Combat feels better somehow despite not being radically different from Asylum. Maybe it's because have a lot of freeflow experience under my belt and know which upgrades to grab first.
    Laughing my ass off at Batman saying "I'm a man of my word." literally after lying to Talia. A+ writing there.

Batman is super deceptive, so it comes as no surprise. I mean.. his parents ARE dead.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    He is a man of his word.
    His word is 'no killing'.
    If he gives his word about killing someone, that's an okay lie, because he's a man of his word on the no killing thing.

edited June 2015

It is better. Better recovery on all moves, standardised attack timing within certain ranges (ie most close up moves have identical timing, most two person lengths away have same etc, so you can predict your timing easier) priority for Batman over thugs (some attacks will cut off incoming attacks), and the thugs telegraph their attacks properly (talking about thug movements before the counter icon pops up).

It isn't radically different on the surface, but if you know what to look for its been substantially overhauled underneath.

Morninglord on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Batman's job is basically "get shot at and punched by every known criminal to ever exist in Gotham". I was him I would be rocking a fucking Gundam (which Jim Gordon is basically doing as the current Batman in the comics).

Man I hope we get Jim Gordon Batman skin...
    1zld7av.png

Daaaaamn. Gordon is ripped.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    Batman's job is to spend as much money as possible beating up mentally ill hobos who are in a weird competition to come up with the most ridiculous theme.

Why do you think Arkham security is an oxymoron? Bruce is sending them fat bribes so he can play with his new toys. Truly, Batman is the real villain.

YL9WnCY.png
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Batman's job is to spend as much money as possible beating up mentally ill hobos who are in a weird competition to come up with the most ridiculous theme.

Why do you think Arkham security is an oxymoron? Bruce is sending them fat bribes so he can play with his new toys. Truly, Batman is the real villain.

https://youtu.be/Cd1sIwCLtIc

Relevant and funny.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Any place I can find a list of confirmed people who are in the game?

Like, penguin, catwoman, blah blah blah?

Joker is secretly the main villain

Arkham series is a subtle nod to Mega Man.

YL9WnCY.png
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    Any place I can find a list of confirmed people who are in the game?

Like, penguin, catwoman, blah blah blah?

Based on the trailer coverage so far:
    Heroes: Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Oracle, Gordon, Catwoman I guess. Red Hood in main game I am not sure on.
    Villains: Scarecrow, Two Face, Poison Ivy, Firefly, Riddler, Penguin, Arkham Knight, Harley.

Beyond that, it's anyone's guess and who knows how much each will actually show up. Plus people being in trailers might be total bollocks as they all end up being Joker.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    You forgot Azrael.