As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Wrestling Thread] Is Experiencing Some Hard Times

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So DGUSA.TV is having a sale on all Evolve DVD's, 10 bucks each. Here's what's available so far out of the 44 total events

Evolve 1-19, 31-33

What the fuck Gabe.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wanting to see people in NXT isn't just about having them in what is currently the most enjoyable group of wrestlers to watch, it's also in the hopes (for me anyway) that they end up on wwe TV

and I realize Joe and Owens got inserted into the ME scene of NXT really quick but that's only because it's been like 10 years of people wishing he was in WWE and probably thinking he could be a world champion(I mean Joe here, IDK how long Owens has been 'big' but I'm sure it's almost as long)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    wanting to see people in NXT isn't just about having them in what is currently the most enjoyable group of wrestlers to watch, it's also in the hopes (for me anyway) that they end up on wwe TV

and I realize Joe and Owens got inserted into the ME scene of NXT really quick but that's only because it's been like 10 years of people wishing he was in WWE and probably thinking he could be a world champion(I mean Joe here, IDK how long Owens has been 'big' but I'm sure it's almost as long)

Owens was a big tag star from 2007 to 2009 but after his heel turn in late 09 he's been a huge singles star ever since.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Joe and Owens don't need promo class

they've got tons of moves and have wrestled everywhere

NXT is just practice for them

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Joe and Owens don't need promo class

they've got tons of moves and have wrestled everywhere

NXT is just practice for them

Everybody needs promo class.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    W09696.jpg

also ronpaulitshappening.gif

CHTs7P3WEAEnIWt.png

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    That's a real good shirt

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    9 years ago

https://youtube.com/watch?v=z_9dDqVp_pQ

They grow up so fast.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I was cleaning off my desk today and I found the only wrestling photo that I own, which is of Kevin Steen posing while chocking Ricochet on the ropes.

That man is going to kill John Cena again on Sunday.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Game 5 is on at the same time as MitB.

Sorry, wrestling. You lose.

• Options
    Same but for the Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, and Veep finales

• Options
    Thankfully MitB can be watched whenever after it airs.

Or not if it turns out bad.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    The Evolve stuff is this, and whether anything will happen, I don't know.

HHH is very aware of the NXT buzz and product not being able to maintain if 3-4 key people who should be on the main roster are brought up, and the self trained guys simply can't put together a touring show that will please the kind of audience they are drawing.

The idea is to fill the shows up with talent who can carry the less experienced guys and use Evolve type of guys to fill out the house shows and deliver quality matches in 2016 when in theory, all of the key NXT guys should be stars on the main roster.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Are you telling me that Solomon Crowe can't carry the NXT roster on tour?

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Maximum wrote: »
    Are you telling me that Solomon Crowe can't carry the NXT roster on tour?

Crowe's not house-trained, he was an indy vet when he was signed!

EDIT: I mean he's probably house-trained. Paper-trained, at least. But I mean he wasn't a homegrown talent.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    But is he potty-trained?

• Options
    Solomon Crowe can have great matches. When Meltzer says "self-trained" he means guys WWE has "self-trained". Baron Corbin and Dana Brooke can't carry a show, Kevin Owens and Sasha Banks can. That's why they're the champions right now. Even guys who are out like Sami and Itami are probably only going to get a brief NXT run before being called up when they return from injury. It's a good problem to have but NXT needs a steady supply of experienced indie wrestlers to compliment the developmental standouts like Enzo and Cass or Charlotte.

...but fuck all of that, this means we're one step closer to Zack Sabre Jr as NXT Champion.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Sasha wasn't an NXT original?

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Sasha wasn't an NXT original?

She was on the indys for about two years, but never really exploded on the scene. Same with Bayley.

I consider them homegrown stars in the same way Tyler Breeze is, even though he was on the indys for a little while as well.

• Options
    Angle/EC3 for the world title now advertised for July 1 Impact taping instead of Slammiversary, because the alternative was taping a month of Impacts set to air after a PPV days before the PPV happens and spoiling the result anyway.

• Options
    Maybe I should have said Becky Lynch. That's kind of a hard example to pull because this isn't really a problem for the women in NXT. Aside from Dana Brooke who is simply underwhelming as a total rookie all of the women they have on NXT tv are doing amazing. Besides it shouldn't be too hard to sign some talented women from the indies should that become a problem. Sara probably has a shortlist of people she wants to bring in.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    If that shortlist doesn't have Candice on it then Sara has FUCKED UP.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    If that shortlist doesn't have Candice on it then Sara has FUCKED UP.

Dubstep cowboys getting ballsplexed is ratings.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Here's what Owens had to say about Cena in a recent podcast interview
    “Anybody who says that he’s not a very good professional wrestler and a very good performer all around is kidding themselves. I know he gets a lot of years a lot of hate from a lot of people for various reasons, but anybody who denies the talent, John Cena’s talent in the ring is really in denial. He’s a fantastic competitor and you know if it wasn’t made evident by the match and we had at Elimination Chamber it’s going to be made evident again by the match we have at Money in the Bank. I feel like we brought out the best in each other at Elimination Chamber and we’re going to do it again this Sunday but there’s no way I’m leaving Columbus as anything but a winner.”

• Options
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I am starting to really buy Owens as winning this sunday.

Also reigns winning seems so obvious I'm looking for a turn but who... cheap heat called kingston the dark horse and I do see a shit load of fun in him winning. And there's some authority allegiance there if they wanna go that way

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    @WWE
    Congrats to #ToughEnough Competitors: Alex F, Hank, Josh, Mada, Patrick, Tanner, ZZ, Amanda, Daria, Dianna, Gabi, Giorgia and Sara Lee

• Options
    I want to believe that Dolph ran out at the end of Smackdown because he saw nobody was currently wrestling Kofi.

Oh, and somebody on Wreddit compiled a playlist of Lucha Underground's best matches.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Kofi and Dolph are like Highlanders; forever drawn to battle with one another, across the cosmos, for eternity.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Kofi is winning or I lose those pick 'em points 'cause I'm not swaying

• Options
    @WWE
    Congrats to #ToughEnough Competitors: Alex F, Hank, Josh, Mada, Patrick, Tanner, ZZ, Amanda, Daria, Dianna, Gabi, Giorgia and Sara Lee

Updates on who these people are

Alex F: 6'5 Russian, guy who caused earthquake in Planet Fitness ad, also was in John Wick and The Blacklist
    Amanda: Fitness entrepreneur
    Daria: MMA fighter, cohosts UFC Afterbuzz on Youtube
    Dianna: Covered of Oxygen and Muscle & Fitness, model, Monster spokesperson
    Gabi: Pro athlete for World Beauty Fitness & Fashion
    Giorgia: Also competed in WBFF, 8-yr gymnastics vet
    Hank: Mercer University football player
    Josh: Former Green Bay Packer
    Mada: Personal trainer of Jason Momoa
    Patrick: Coach and wrestler at Mid Atlantic Wrestling Association
    Sara Lee: Power lift competitor
    Tanner: MMA fighter
    ZZ: LB (linebacker) for Nicholls University

• Options
    Speaking of, have the pick'ems been posted yet?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Moose just did a bionic elbow at the GFW debut apparently <3

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Just got to freelance wrestling's one year show, middle of the first match

By god this bar is packed and loud and hot as hell

It is perfection

• Options
    Speaking of Pick'ems,

With the Money In the Bank ladder match occurring this show, we still need participants for the match. There are 7 spots available, and best promos get a spot, so get cracking.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Nirya wrote: »
    Speaking of Pick'ems,

With the Money In the Bank ladder match occurring this show, we still need participants for the match. There are 7 spots available, and best promos get a spot, so get cracking.

I'll translate for my associate/rival, El Geebs:

"I am definitely not the Geebs you already know wearing a crude luchador mask! I am my own person with my own hopes and dreams! And my dream is to be in this ladder match, which I have certainly never been in before! I most definitely have never won it in my lifetime, unlike Geebs, who successfully won the ladder match and later cashed in his contract and won the title! Boy, what a competitor Geebs is! Anyways, I can definitely win this match and I am great! Long live El Geebs!"

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    My heart says Kofi, but my brain says it's going to be Roman.

This discussion has been closed.