As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sir Christopher Lee dies at 93

2»

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear to god if there is not a movie about the organization he was a part of "For ungentlemanly Warfare" then Hollywood has fucking failed us. Though first they'd have to declassify what this organization actually did.

The Guns of Navarone.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    It's been 70 years since the end of WW2, I can't imagine that there can be anything that the British would gain by keeping Christopher lee's antics a secret.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Lane-Christopher-Lee-690.jpg

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    It's been 70 years since the end of WW2, I can't imagine that there can be anything that the British would gain by keeping Christopher lee's antics a secret.

I'm guessing they did some inglorious bastards type stuff and its more keeping it quiet because it was really awful.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    His voice and Opera style just went so well for symphonic metal.
    @Foomy as a request, could you please link to the Official Youtube Channel instead.

It seems a little ungentlemanly to link to an unauthorized full recording of his album in a thread created in his memory.

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Damn, after watching the EE of RotK, I thought to myself, "man, that was a bit much" after Saruman's death.

Actually, it's rather in character considering all the deaths Christopher Lee has faced. Apparently, people love setting him on fire.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Or having him fall off of things, he tended to get stabbed and fall off of a lot of things.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    God Dammit, The Onion

Is it really satire or parody when it's posting the truth? :-P

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Archangle wrote: »
    Foomy wrote: »
    His voice and Opera style just went so well for symphonic metal.
    @Foomy as a request, could you please link to the Official Youtube Channel instead.

It seems a little ungentlemanly to link to an unauthorized full recording of his album in a thread created in his memory.

Interesting. He looked so frail and in bad health in the video linked on the prior page, he looks far better here which is a year after that. Must have been one of those days.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod