As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam]: Her Story, told by Lethargic Corgis dreaming of their Final Fantasy.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @ReverseCreations
    rghrf0gi1zuk.jpg
    Thank you for Greed Corp!

And keep on assuming. Assume away.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you very much to @Maguano for Eigengrau Menagerie! I'm not completely clear on what this is, either. It appears to be a puzzle/adventure game with a unique art style and approach. I'm looking forward to checking it out! <3
    fnQrbeH.png

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    So I guess gift sniping by proxy is still alive and well as @Stabbity Style apparently hired @Yoshua to murder me with Lethal League.

Gun-For-Hire-10.jpg

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @Spoit decides to hit me with an unprovoked gift.
    hum0dxrpt2lp.jpg
    Thank you for Ancient Space!
    spaaaace_by_k1000sl-d75tbhz.png

@ReverseCreations shows up with gift number two. Not Tree.
    fh9dfrmckb0n.jpg
    Thanks for The Forest!

But Then Nobody piles on with gift #3. The gift of Salt!
    1at0g8wv8fu1.jpg
    Thank you you mystery person you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Dogpile on @destroyah87? There's a lot of merit in that plan!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    And many thanks to @Berylline for the entirely unprovoked provision of Child of Light.
    Which looks like a heck of a lot of fun...may go and play it now actually!

• Options
    @Kalnaur sends a gift of something Old.
    uk6l7xbm2gzw.jpg
    Thank you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thank you so much to @CroakerBC, who immediately fired back with codes for Game of Dwarves and two DLCs! <3

• Options
    @Jazz shoots a copy of One Way Heroics my way.
    eimq3pc8g7xn.png
    Thank you! This looks fun, even if it's not the kind of game I would normally buy myself.
    The List grows longer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    hmm not sure what's going on here I see no reason why I would be sent these things from @Pixelated Pixie however thank you Pixie
    1puevxakp28r.jpg
    3eshlh17vz4g.jpg

And apparently the blame is on @Destroyah87 no less :D hmm

ReverseCreations on
    1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I should have known better than to accept a friend invite during the dale...

hB4bur9.png

Thanks so, so much to @Maguano!!

Sangheili91 on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well, @Pixelated Pixie and @Berylline both sent me Tachyon: The Fringe! Thank you Both!
    0fy0jsko9wjy.jpg
    Pixie's came first by less then ten minutes. So I'm going to accept that one. I think Bery can find a good home for the other copy. @ReverseCreations doesn't have it, for example.

EDIT: Well, I feel sheepish. I didn't read my email close enough. It was the other way around. Sorry Berylline! My apologies.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Oh for the love of Pete and Pete! @Berylline!
    mxpm8ukpx48y.jpg
    Thank you!

Though I feel I should point out there are better targets for all you crazy classy people. I'm probably going to be playing not much else besides FFXIV: Heavensward for the next couple months.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Though I feel I should point out there are better targets for all you crazy classy people. I'm probably going to be playing not much else besides FFXIV: Heavensward for the next couple months.

Irrelevant. Next argument?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

uhhhhhhhh.

Look. I think that's @Shade over there.

*runs away*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    I am so happy to check in on the thread after playing some Magic with a friend to see a @destroyah87 class-pile.
    He's so classy; he deserves it.

Now to enjoy some more ARK (courtesy of Destroyah) and contemplate my upcoming targets.
    Hoping to include a third volley at Child's Play soon as well.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    So in the game I happened to get dropped in to with @destroyah87 and @cardboard delusions , we're at level 1600+. Dizamn.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    I was wondering, Is it in poor taste to gift someone a game that isn't on their wishlist?

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Just wanted to thank @cardboard delusions for Titan Souls

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    @Pixelated Pixie hits me with Despair.
    c1k5mnaoxs0n.jpg
    Thank you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I was wondering, Is it in poor taste to gift someone a game that isn't on their wishlist?

I'd say it happens all the time. Now they could end up not being interested in it and not playing it but there are a number of games I didn't know I liked until someone gifted me and I tried them.

Give it a shot, the worst that can happen is they decline.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2015

It happens all the time. :biggrin: Wishlist gifts are just easier because it's assured the person will like them.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    There's not really a wrong way to gift. You can gift things that aren't on wishlists. Personally, I try to stick to wishlists as much as possible, but there are reasons I'll gift other things, such as there not being anything on the wishlist in my price range, or wanting to share a game I really enjoyed and think other people might, too. But, you can choose to gift however you'd like. People appreciate the generosity no matter how you go about it!

Edit: A little slow with this one!

Berylline on
  • Options
    What Bery said goes for me too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pretty much the same here. Or I just do drive-by gifts in Steam chat and enjoy the reaction.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    You can also look at a person's library. If they have, for example, BioShock and BioShock Infinite, but not BioShock 2, you can help them *ahem* complete their collection. :biggrin:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I gifted Despair to @ReverseCreations as a joke - I'd just sold a 14-cent card on the market.
    Then I sold a 10-cent one so I figured "hey, @destroyah87 doesn't have Despair yet either!"

The obvious thing happened. I mean, really ... Someone was going to do it anyway, right?

Proportionate response would have been to groan, make a face, send me a "FU" message or facepalm emote/pic, something like that. Amirite?

This - THIS IS NOT HOW ONE RESPONDS TO A 9-CENT JOKE GIFT:

udnfz4ktn6jy.jpg

fu73vxz4dt62.jpg

Thank you. So. Very. Much. Words, fail.

My most anticipated game since Skyrim....

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    Right on. I didn't want to step on toes during everyone's merriment. Carry on. Nothing see here.

*Whistles nonchalantly

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    A ha ha, well played @destroyah87. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Wow @Sangheili91 gifted me Pacman Championship Edition DX.
    Played this when i had a 360 and it is damn good, been meaning to pick it up again.
    Thank you!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    A ha ha, well played @destroyah87. :)

It gets worse (better?)

Of course you realize, this means war.

phglam2f8pvc.jpg
    pidrf0ris5zz.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pvwiarcwl0j3.jpg

GAH! IT WAS JUST A JOKE GIFT! STAHP!

I'm just going to go hide in a bunker somewhere now. I'll be back in July. MONSTERS!

Somebody needs to get a dictionary and look up "proportionate" for y'all.

Thanks @ReverseCreations!

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular

uhhhhhhhh.

Look. I think that's Shade over there.

*runs away*

GODAMIT @destroyah87 !!!

uhili9ikkzgx.jpg

@Berylline

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Oh Lethal League has 2 and 4 packs too.

So if anyone would like to do a package deal on Age of Mythology and/or Lethal League, hit me up on Steam or via PM.

• Options
    @TeeMan is still speedrunning through Super Mario Bros Lost Levels for his charity drive incentive! He's currently on level 8-4 if you want to stop in and watch!

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Already received more gifts than i'd argue i deserve! Not sure i'd be able to afford to repay everyone SO, I hope another small donation to child's play will do, you classy lot.

2a4vocj9bl45.png

Thanks so much again <3

Quical on
    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Beginning to think some people in here took Sean Connery's speech about retribution from The Untouchables just a little too seriously.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Berylline wrote: »
    TeeMan is still speedrunning through Super Mario Bros Lost Levels for his charity drive incentive! He's currently on level 8-4 if you want to stop in and watch!

Reminding us how brutally hard games used to be. (I still haven't signed up on Twitch, amazingly, so I'm viewing anonymously.)

Jazz on
This discussion has been closed.