As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[steam]: Her Story, told by Lethargic Corgis dreaming of their Final Fantasy.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Okay guys, I promised that during the sale we would explain more details about our Tournament Charity Drive, and this right here is the post!

For information about the charity drive aspect, please click Here

What is the tournament? What games are there? How do I take part? How do I send in scores? How are babbies made?

Almost all of those and more will be answered now! This tournament is a multi-game, single player, play on your own time, multiple bye, competition. I will give you a list of 8 games, you will be responsible for downloading them, playing the specific stages, songs, tables, areas, or whatever and posting your score to myself, or any of the other judges. All you have to do is take a screenshot (f12 in steam) of the score, send the screenshot from steam to us, and you're done with that game. Its easy.

All of these games are single player, you will not be competing against other people directly. You will have the full week to do all 8 games, so you can take them at your own pace. You will not need to schedule matches against others or ANYTHING like that. Just take 5-45 minutes out of a day to do each of the games and you're golden.

Each of the 8 games is going to be its own Genre, so if you're not the greatest racer you can still show how awesome you've gotten at Pinball or RPGs. We've worked hard to craft a playlist of multiple different game types, so I hope many of you will be able to enjoy this setup.

You'll have 3 byes(skips) for the games. If you don't own, or don't want to download and play a specific game, you can skip that game. If you have byes left over (You play 7 of the 8 games for instance) your remaining byes will cancel out your lowest placements on the scoreboards. If you get in the 3rd place bracket for 2 of the games, but you have 2 byes left, those 3rd place finishes wont count in your overall score, which will bring your average score up!

Now for the part you've been waiting for, the games list.

1. Bulletstorm (FPS) (demo Available)
    2. Pinball FX (Pinball) (free table)
    3. Monaco (Heistin' Arcadeish)
    4. One-Way Heroics (RPG)
    5. Bejeweled 2 Deluxe (Match 3) (demo Available)
    6. Audiosurf (Music)
    7. Spelunky (2d puzzleish Platformer)
    8. Trackmania Nations Forever (Racing) (Free Game)

You can do any of these at any time during the week of the 23rd through the 30th, with one exception. There will be a SPECIFIC day that all Spelunky runs must be made through the daily challenge. This will give everyone the exact same map and chance to get as high a score as possible. You only get 1 shot at the spelunky map for the daily, so it will be fair for everyone and your score will be based on one shot.

Those are the games list! We've tried to make them extremely different from each other, and while there are some that are about $8 USD, you can use your Byes to bypass the expensive ones, or you could put them on your wishlist and super classy people in this thread could gift them to you to help you partake in the tournament!

I haven't listed the exact levels or what not for the games listed here, because we wanted everyone to be more or less on a level playing field when it comes time for the tournament. I'll announce which day to do the Spelunky Challenges, and what tracks we're using in Audiosurf when the tournament gets closer.

One last thing, feel free to download/install/try out the games listed here, but don't put too much time into them if possible. There will of course be people with a lot of experience in some of the games, but we want to make it as fair as possible.

If you have any questions PLEASE PLEASE ask them ahead of time, I promise I will respond to every message I get, and if you ask a question in the thread put @CorriganX in there so I can see it and respond to you.

REMEMBER! To enter this grand tournament (AND WIN A PRIZE TROPHY FROM @Krummith THAT IS SUPER AWESOME) you have to donate $10 to the Child's Play Charity Donation Drive. If you've already donated but don't see "Yes" in the tournament column MESSAGE ME and I will update it with your entry!

I hope everyone is as excited for this as I am, and I hope everyone enjoys what we've whipped up for you guys.

<3 at all your faces.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @CorriganX But, how ARE babbies made?

akajaybay on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    ruayl9xghdc4.jpg

I tried to learn to play an instrument once. Many years ago. It went poorly and I never tried again.

@Big Classy has decided now is the time to rectify that life error.

Now... someone hand me a guitar and cover your ears. :D

(so much for "My PC is off and I'm out until the end of the sale" eh, Isy? :lol: )

Thanks! <3<3<3

Now someone just needs to send you a guitar and a Rocksmith cable! ;)

I forgot it required a real guitar. Dammit :(

Not content only sending games that COULD be backlogged, now isy is sending games that people literally cant play just to pad their backlog.

What a devious monster.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    ruayl9xghdc4.jpg

I tried to learn to play an instrument once. Many years ago. It went poorly and I never tried again.

@Big Classy has decided now is the time to rectify that life error.

Now... someone hand me a guitar and cover your ears. :D

(so much for "My PC is off and I'm out until the end of the sale" eh, Isy? :lol: )

Thanks! <3<3<3

Now someone just needs to send you a guitar and a Rocksmith cable! ;)

I forgot it required a real guitar. Dammit :(

There's a better-than-zero chance I can just borrow my kid's... ;) No worries! :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Not content only sending games that COULD be backlogged, now isy is sending games that people literally cant play just to pad their backlog.

What a devious monster.

Bitch ,I will send you Xbox one games. I'm not even kidding. Don't start none won't get none.

Seriously though that would be hilarious. Games for a console you don't have .

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

What a devious monster.

Bitch ,I will send you Xbox one games. I'm not even kidding. Don't start none won't get none.

Yet

steam_sig.png
    This got scary fast.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

What a devious monster.

Yet

Did that to shade with the wii u if I recall. Fun times.

• FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

What in the Hell did I just see!?
    Can please, someone do an LP?

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @chasm, not content to send me just one game, follows up with another.
    icgf49uw20uw.jpg
    Thanks for Trine 3!

steam_sig.png
  • KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Okay guys, I promised that during the sale we would explain more details about our Tournament Charity Drive, and this right here is the post!

For information about the charity drive aspect, please click Here

What is the tournament? What games are there? How do I take part? How do I send in scores? How are babbies made?

Almost all of those and more will be answered now! This tournament is a multi-game, single player, play on your own time, multiple bye, competition. I will give you a list of 8 games, you will be responsible for downloading them, playing the specific stages, songs, tables, areas, or whatever and posting your score to myself, or any of the other judges. All you have to do is take a screenshot (f12 in steam) of the score, send the screenshot from steam to us, and you're done with that game. Its easy.

All of these games are single player, you will not be competing against other people directly. You will have the full week to do all 8 games, so you can take them at your own pace. You will not need to schedule matches against others or ANYTHING like that. Just take 5-45 minutes out of a day to do each of the games and you're golden.

Each of the 8 games is going to be its own Genre, so if you're not the greatest racer you can still show how awesome you've gotten at Pinball or RPGs. We've worked hard to craft a playlist of multiple different game types, so I hope many of you will be able to enjoy this setup.

You'll have 3 byes(skips) for the games. If you don't own, or don't want to download and play a specific game, you can skip that game. If you have byes left over (You play 7 of the 8 games for instance) your remaining byes will cancel out your lowest placements on the scoreboards. If you get in the 3rd place bracket for 2 of the games, but you have 2 byes left, those 3rd place finishes wont count in your overall score, which will bring your average score up!

Now for the part you've been waiting for, the games list.

1. Bulletstorm (FPS) (demo Available)
    2. Pinball FX (Pinball) (free table)
    3. Monaco (Heistin' Arcadeish)
    4. One-Way Heroics (RPG)
    5. Bejeweled Deluxe (Match 3) (demo Available)
    6. Audiosurf (Music)
    7. Spelunky (2d puzzleish Platformer)
    8. Trackmania Nations Forever (Racing) (Free Game)

You can do any of these at any time during the week of the 23rd through the 30th, with one exception. There will be a SPECIFIC day that all Spelunky runs must be made through the daily challenge. This will give everyone the exact same map and chance to get as high a score as possible. You only get 1 shot at the spelunky map for the daily, so it will be fair for everyone and your score will be based on one shot.

Those are the games list! We've tried to make them extremely different from each other, and while there are some that are about $8 USD, you can use your Byes to bypass the expensive ones, or you could put them on your wishlist and super classy people in this thread could gift them to you to help you partake in the tournament!

I haven't listed the exact levels or what not for the games listed here, because we wanted everyone to be more or less on a level playing field when it comes time for the tournament. I'll announce which day to do the Spelunky Challenges, and what tracks we're using in Audiosurf when the tournament gets closer.

One last thing, feel free to download/install/try out the games listed here, but don't put too much time into them if possible. There will of course be people with a lot of experience in some of the games, but we want to make it as fair as possible.

If you have any questions PLEASE PLEASE ask them ahead of time, I promise I will respond to every message I get, and if you ask a question in the thread put CorriganX in there so I can see it and respond to you.

REMEMBER! To enter this grand tournament (AND WIN A PRIZE TROPHY FROM Krummith THAT IS SUPER AWESOME) you have to donate $10 to the Child's Play Charity Donation Drive. If you've already donated but don't see "Yes" in the tournament column MESSAGE ME and I will update it with your entry!

I hope everyone is as excited for this as I am, and I hope everyone enjoys what we've whipped up for you guys.

<3 at all your faces.

Just to specify here is the trophy in all it's glory!

Spoilered for pure awesome:
    yihz1fll71xi.jpg

The winner gets their choice of the two, and the circular area will have a graphic made by our own HiT BiT!

My envy goes out to the winner!

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    @AnakinOU struck me in the middle of the night!

1M3UcH6.png

Thanks so much! And it's so great to hear that you had a great time with your kids!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    So I'm probably out of the sale now, since I have exhausted the $25 I budgeted myself for the sale. I used the last to get Veneteca when I saw it because @Pixelated Pixie was touting its praises so much before, so even though it wasn't on my wishlist it was under $5.

Now I watch to see if anything amazing comes up, in which case I might begrudgingly sacrifice more of my money to The Newell.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Blargh, now I'm not even getting sale cards from crafting badges.

Annoying!

EDIT: also the game I'm in totally dried up. At some point around level 200 each round started taking 10-15 minutes. I'm at 250 now which is probably about where I was around the same time last night, but should be way further than that. :(

EDIT EDIT: good lord, some of you are at level 1000+ Yeah I totally got a bum game. Damn.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Oh Lethal League has 2 and 4 packs too.

So if anyone would like to do a package deal on Age of Mythology and/or Lethal League, hit me up on Steam or via PM.

Reposting for the evening crowd.

Regarding clicker game cards, a friend and I tested and can confirm:

1 card for starting a game
    1 card for joining a friend's game (must be different from the first)
    1 card for being actively in the game when level 10 is beat

If you've not been getting your card drops, see which of the above you haven't done.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Ahhhh. Actively in level 10 and "in different game" have probably been my issues.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    When it comes to this thread the word "proportionate" and the phrase "part of the deal" don't really enter into the equation much . . .

They have altered the deal.

Pray they do not alter it further.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So basically join a new one at the start and burn your points on nukes or whatever to finish floor 10 fast, then join the highest level friend one you can

steam_sig.png

If you've not been getting your card drops, see which of the above you haven't done.

Hmm...I have gotten a card for starting a game, but I've been in 3 games today and none of them have given me a card at 10, nor have the past 2 days.

I hadn't tried joining a friends game, so that's something to do I guess.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    So basically join a new one at the start and burn your points on nukes or whatever to finish floor 10 fast, then join the highest level friend one you can

Except it seems like it only drops cards on joining games, tomorrow I'm going to test this by game hopping around lobbies and see if I get more than (zero cards yesterday and) a single card from joining a game today.

I remember the first day I got 3 cards . . .

edited June 2015
    Spoit wrote: »

If you join a game at level 2000 will you get credit the next day for that level, or what will it do?

EDIT: "You cannot join a game more than 10 levels higher than one you've completed"

The Dude With Herpes on

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Hmm...I have gotten a card for starting a game, but I've been in 3 games today and none of them have given me a card at 10, nor have the past 2 days.

I hadn't tried joining a friends game, so that's something to do I guess.

That's kind of dumb. I actually can't join any friend's game. My level is too low (probably to high for the rest).
    If you’re Steam Level 5 and above, you’ll get a Summer Sale trading card at random intervals while playing, up to three per 24-hour period.

Pretty specific rules for 'random'. I'd rather vote.

edited June 2015
    It is funny, because the counter is telling me I've gotten 7 cards from the game, but I have most certainly not gotten more than 1 a day. Every card I've gotten has been from crafting badges.

Just tried joining a friends game, played a dozen or so levels, no card.

Also, "Todays Game" seems to only track your current game, so if you got to level 500 then join a level 0, and only get to 20 or something (not likely), it looks like tomorrow will only grant you the rewards for whatever game you were in when the day ended, not the highest you got?

EDIT: I think I'm shafted for today. Seems like most games are either super high level or just crazy slow. I'll wait for this new game and see how it goes, but I imagine my best bet is to just find someone with a game roughly my highest level (470) and join it before I go to bed. :( Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

The Dude With Herpes on

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular

What a devious monster.

Yet

Did that to shade with the wii u if I recall. Fun times.

Isy, you're a scary man.

Corrigan would just end up with a weird coffee table stack, though.

n57PM0C.jpg
    Not sure what to tell you. I was in a level 1100+ game that I had started early today, dropped out, joined a friend's new game, got a card. The moment we cleared level 10, we both got cards. This matched what we were led to expect from a 4chan thread on the subject.

YMMV?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Apparently answering innocent questions is a giftable offense:

5ZhOI0g.png

Thanks @mildlymorbid! I seem to be coming down with something...

Well, my first plague will be named after you and now you're on the list!

Not sure what to tell you. I was in a level 1100+ game that I had started early today, dropped out, joined a friend's new game, got a card. The moment we cleared level 10, we both got cards. This matched what we were led to expect from a 4chan thread on the subject.

YMMV?

I'm trying a fresh game with a friend right now, just waiting for players. I'll report back if it actually gives me a card this time (for the friend joining or level 10).

But yeah, these are very specific rules for "at random". :rotate:

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I've run into the same monster that is based on Furiousa from Mad Max Fury Road. First time it was simply "Charlize" most recently it was "Ultimate Angryosa"

I kinda want a data base of all the monsters.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Anyone played Blackguards 2? I'm thinking of grabbing it, but would love to hear others opinions on it.

oh h*ck
    edited June 2015
    Wow, and now the flash sales go from "eh" to "want over a handful". Dammit, Gaben, quit playin' games with my heart wallet.

Kalnaur on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I've run into the same monster that is based on Furiousa from Mad Max Fury Road. First time it was simply "Charlize" most recently it was "Ultimate Angryosa"

It is also sometimes labeled "Imperator"

dyuhlrunvmvx.jpg

I like dinosaurs. I like feeding people to dinosaurs. This has dinosaurs. Presumably this has people. I see this as a win.

Thanks @Slayer of Dreams for some dino goodness! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Turkson wrote: »
    Anyone played Blackguards 2? I'm thinking of grabbing it, but would love to hear others opinions on it.

If you like the first one, it's more of the same.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Still catching up with the old thread, but I wanted to pop in to the new one to tell everyone how awesome @Karoz is:

67yihoamnh40.jpg

I've been eyeing this one up for ages, Thanks!!!!

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, no card even starting a new game with a friend, and no card for getting past level 10.

I think I just am going to only get one card a day from the mini game, period. It doesn't seem to want to give me anything else.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Joy and jubilation, my router decided that it needed to zap itself, so no more Internet at home. Or FFXIV that I was playing. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

This discussion has been closed.