As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[steam]: Her Story, told by Lethargic Corgis dreaming of their Final Fantasy.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Man I cracked and bought Wolfenstein for $15 to see how the new CPU handles it.

It's 44GB!

Fuckin' megatextures man, I swear.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Man I cracked and bought Wolfenstein for $15 to see how the new CPU handles it.

It's 44GB!

Fuckin' megatextures man, I swear.

Most of that size is monologues

BJ Blastowicz loves his monologues

steam_sig.png
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Man

I kinda thought I was through with Steam sales - The last 2-3 years I haven't bought much of anything. This year though is wrecking me, already bought three games, and probably going to buy three more. And its only the third day.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Somebody sell me on Korra? I love Platinum generally, but I've never watched Avatar/Korra and I've heard it's a pretty mediocre game.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Wonder why Natural Selection 2 has such an inferior deal.

It's had better discounts on free weekends. Plus it's three years old.

RT800 on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    eVCuKYT.jpg

@NailbunnyPD is gift bending up in here. Thank you!

Is this game within cannon? If so, when in the show does it take place? I've only seen up through season 3. I picked up season 4 when it came out, but I just haven't gotten around to actually watching the damn thing.

It takes place between Season 2 and 3. It's canon but nothing really happens except for one big boss fight.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    As I was trying to fall asleep last night, I realized that the new flash sales had probably changed over, so I got out my phone to see what they were. Turns out there were some games there that I was interested in! But I refuse to purchase a game while I am in bed and trying to fall asleep, so I'd wait until this morning to purchase something.

This was a mistake.
    xxbb82128olj.jpg

Thanks, @TeeMan!

• BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    What do people think of dreamfall chapters? Tempted to pick it up. I liked the second game but it was a bit janky from memory.

@danx I'm really enjoying it so far. I've only played the first chapter at this point (Two have been released), but I'd definitely recommend it. They got rid of the sub-par combat from the second game. It's much more of a regular adventure game, although they've picked up on some of the current trends in adventure games, such as you having to make decisions which will change the direction of the story. So, as long as you're good with purchasing a not quite complete game (which will absolutely without a doubt be completed, but the episodes are being released several months apart), then you should absolutely pick it up!

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    The game may not meet the last milestone.

I know I haven't been involved in this very long, but this particular sale event feels like a big letdown.

edited June 2015
    Just a reminder to everyone eyeing the Shadow of Mordor daily deal that BundleStars has a far superior deal. $19.99 gets you the game + all the DLC, whereas the Steam version will cost you $24.99 + none of the DLC.

edit: I stand corrected!

SteevL on
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Also a huge thanks to @DaxterMax for Rituals! <3 I'm really interested to try this one. The description calls it a "puzzle-exploration-adventure about the relation between civilization and nature," which sounds pretty great to me!
    sj14AsD.png
    I'm sorry to hear that you've been so busy and I hope that all is well!

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Thanks to both @CroakerBC and @Ashe for Apotheon!

pgTQzKq.jpg

Croaker's came in first, so Ashe I hope you can find a new home for the copy you sent me.

The art from this, which I agree is stunning, Ashe, is by a forumer. I'll see if I can remember who and edit it in here. Still, bloody awesome that another wonderful something has its roots in the PA community.

Thanks to you both! Much appreciated. <3

EDIT: It's @McGibs! Check out his amazing mech art in his Skeletoids thread.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Yay, just got my other 2 cards. Thanks for the tip @Pixelated Pixie!

camo_sig2.png
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Thanks to both @CroakerBC and @Ashe for Apotheon!

pgTQzKq.jpg

Croaker's came in first, so Ashe I hope you can find a new home for the copy you sent me.

The art from this, which I agree is stunning, Ashe, is by a forumer. I'll see if I can remember who and edit it in here. Still, bloody awesome that another wonderful something has its roots in the PA community.

Thanks to you both! Much appreciated. <3

EDIT: It's @McGibs! Check out his amazing mech art in his Skeletoids thread.

Ah, great, thanks! I can remember admiring his work before. Fantastic stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The game may not meet the last milestone.

I know I haven't been involved in this very long, but this particular sale event feels like a big letdown.

It's a shame, because on paper "Play a browser game to unlock bonus sales" sounds like a pretty awesome idea.

The problem is that the browser game is awful to play.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Regarding clicker game cards, a friend and I tested and can confirm:

1 card for starting a game
    1 card for joining a friend's game (must be different from the first)
    1 card for being actively in the game when level 10 is beat

If you've not been getting your card drops, see which of the above you haven't done.

So I tried joining a game of a lower level friend and it worked. So there's that. Of course you lose everything, but I guess if you make it the last thing you do, it doesn't matter.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Talking in chat about the Nintendo Smash direct thing this morning I made a fatal mistake:

vvl1mp10xe1j.gif

the Result:

z35ny829vqez.gif

Thank you @Darmak you classy classy bastard.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    @Shogun is a class act. Thank you. <3<3

a4xajc4t2g2a.png

Also it is time for me to spend all my budget in one go now. Always fun.

1.png 186.8K
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    @Halfazedninja: Axiom Verge is neat, it's no Metroid. It'll tide you over for a bit though :)

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited June 2015
    SteevL wrote: »
    Just a reminder to everyone eyeing the Shadow of Mordor daily deal that BundleStars has a far superior deal. $19.99 gets you the game + all the DLC, whereas the Steam version will cost you $24.99 + none of the DLC.

Nah, the Steam one has all the DLC. It's the GoTY edition. It's 5 dollars more expensive, but it's not THAT much worse of a deal if you're like me and prefer to buy on Steam.

The package info:
    Full list of content includes:

- The Lord of the Hunt Story Pack
    - The Bright Lord Story Pack
    - Test of Power Challenge Mode
    - Test of Speed Challenge Mode
    - Test of Wisdom Challenge Mode
    - Test of the Wild Challenge Mode
    - Test of the Ring Challenge Mode
    - Endless Challenge Mode
    - Test of Defiance
    - The Dark Ranger Skin
    - Captain of the Watch Skin
    - Lord of the Hunt Skin
    - The Bright Lord Skin
    - Power of Shadow Skin
    - Lithariel Skin
    - Hidden Blade Rune
    - Deadly Archer Rune
    - Flame of Anor Rune
    - Rising Storm Rune
    - Orc Slayer Rune
    - Defiant to the End Rune
    - Elven Grace Rune
    - Ascendant Rune
    - One with Nature Rune
    - Guardians of the Flaming Eye Warband Mission
    - The Berserks Warband Mission
    -The Skull Crushers Warband Mission
    - The Bloodhunters Mission
    - The Flesh Burners Mission
    - Photo Mode

That's all the DLC.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited June 2015
    Axiom Verge looks amazing. I'm not surprised it's not a part of the sale, though. It just came out last month.
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

Nah, the Steam one has all the DLC. It's the GoTY edition. It's 5 dollars more expensive, but it's not THAT much worse of a deal if you're like me and prefer to buy on Steam.

The package info:
    Full list of content includes:

- The Lord of the Hunt Story Pack
    - The Bright Lord Story Pack
    - Test of Power Challenge Mode
    - Test of Speed Challenge Mode
    - Test of Wisdom Challenge Mode
    - Test of the Wild Challenge Mode
    - Test of the Ring Challenge Mode
    - Endless Challenge Mode
    - Test of Defiance
    - The Dark Ranger Skin
    - Captain of the Watch Skin
    - Lord of the Hunt Skin
    - The Bright Lord Skin
    - Power of Shadow Skin
    - Lithariel Skin
    - Hidden Blade Rune
    - Deadly Archer Rune
    - Flame of Anor Rune
    - Rising Storm Rune
    - Orc Slayer Rune
    - Defiant to the End Rune
    - Elven Grace Rune
    - Ascendant Rune
    - One with Nature Rune
    - Guardians of the Flaming Eye Warband Mission
    - The Berserks Warband Mission
    -The Skull Crushers Warband Mission
    - The Bloodhunters Mission
    - The Flesh Burners Mission
    - Photo Mode

That's all the DLC.

I stand corrected! I've edited my post.

SteevL on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Someone woke the giant...

8UNE8Lv.jpg

Thanks, @Isorn for Oddworld Pack. Take note, thread, of Isorn's demonstration in the gift notes of his comedic chops, known worldwide for their subtlety and biting wit. :)

Much appreciated, you Titan of Class. Merry Steam Sale to you! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @Isorn bestows upon me a mystery gift.
    gwd01stks0ha.jpg
    Had to check my email to see what it was.

It's Age of Mythology! Thanks!

I played this quite a bit back in the day.

steam_sig.png
    @Big Classy Accept your gift! I still have Old Blood sitting in my inventory. You can't escape me!

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Burnage wrote: »
    Somebody sell me on Korra? I love Platinum generally, but I've never watched Avatar/Korra and I've heard it's a pretty mediocre game.

You were misinformed. It's got mediocre (or rather practically nonexistent) narrative, but mechanically it's a solid Platinum experience.
    It's obviously a budget title, but there's still enough of the depth you expect from one of their games. For the £3 it's on sale for right now it's a blatant steal frankly.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    @Big Classy Accept your gift! I still have Old Blood sitting in my inventory. You can't escape me!

Steam might be having issues. Took me four tries and a reboot to force Trine 3 on destroyah last night.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    guys be aware @isorn has a list and hes going through it right now

thanks for 7 Days to Die!

edit: HES GOT DLC TOO DUCK

(thanks for the Diamond for PayDay 2!)

Shogun on
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I'm not even a participant in this Summer Dale, but @Isorn still gifts me a copy of Halfway!

Thanks, you huge classhole <3

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @Isorn got me in his rampage too! Thank you so much for Grow Home. <3

I'm TERRIFIED of heights, and wavered back and forth a LOT trying to decide if I could bring myself to play it. Even watching a stream of it, when the dude fell off a ledge it made my stomach lurch. I'm really interested in playing it, but i'm going to have to work up my courage for it. The game itself looks amazing, but im still scared, even right now. D:

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    !!!!

@GnomeTank just sent me Shadows of Mordor GOTY edition! Holy crap, dude, thanks!

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    !
    And then @Isorn sends me Desperados right after! Thanks, man! Gonna do it up Wild West style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6iuDjYjrs4

Stabbity_Style.png
    CorriganX wrote: »

I'm TERRIFIED of heights, and wavered back and forth a LOT trying to decide if I could bring myself to play it. Even watching a stream of it, when the dude fell off a ledge it made my stomach lurch. I'm really interested in playing it, but i'm going to have to work up my courage for it. The game itself looks amazing, but im still scared, even right now. D:

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything that doesn't scare you.
    Horror games, heights, geese; is there no end to your laundry list of phobias?

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    @Isorn just hit me with LUFTRAUSERS.

Goddamnit I haven't been paid yet. I need to get paid.

Thank You!

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @Isorn is relentlessly classy today! Thanks for Shantae: Risky's Revenge buddy!

iB7ycJC.jpg

Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything that doesn't scare you.

He's also afraid of being in a racing lobby with anyone even remotely competent.

• rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I've been trying to stay out of the sale but that doesn't stop @Isorn's class! thanks a lot for the Age of Ultron pinball table :)

steam_sig.png

He's also afraid of being in a racing lobby with anyone even remotely competent.

That would explain why I keep getting invites to play Sonic Racing--wait...

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    And then another! @Iolo classes me up with a surprise! I have indeed not heard of this Iolo. My only defense is that all of my attention has been stolen lately by Dominions 4 and Elite. :P

mjr4wX9.jpg

I'm dying to find out what this is now, thanks Iolo!

That would explain why I keep getting invites to play Sonic Racing--wait...

Shots fired.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

Well then. Future charity drive incentive detected...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
This discussion has been closed.