As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hollywood [chat]s

HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academysumma cum laudeRegistered User regular
If you have never listened to Comedy Bang Bang! you might not know the Hollywood Facts

Beast and I will explain

W707Ist.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL94bfVLou4

Do your facts and know your stars guys!

(timely OP note: ps fyi btw xbone sux lol hth)

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
NNID: Hakkekage

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    @Echo If you have a gaming PC, one good reason not to get an XBox is Steam Link.

Maybe maybe not.

But it'll be enough for me to not get one.

• BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    nice

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    On widescreen this post looks blank at first

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Haaaaaaaaaay brooooooooooos

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh shit the new MGS5 trailer is rad.

Also teenage(?) Liquid and Solid Snake's

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    nice

doojg doojh doojh doojh

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tomb raider was already xbox exclusive. Fable has always been. It's just saying xbox xbox xbox. Not unexpected.

If FO4's mod support is exclusive to xbox, that would be a big win.

The new inafune game has potential, I guess, but xbox isn't very big in Japan or with fans of Japanese games, right?

I only saw pics of holo lens. It looks like a neat way to simulate board games, but for video games it seems like it would just be less immersive than watching on a screen. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Hakkekage wrote: »
    nice

doojg doojh doojh doojh
    well it's hollywood facts and we're goin downtown..goin to, inglewood now

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I have listened to three comedy bang bang episodes and one is the episode with andy samberg where they sing that song an outrageous number of times. I was in tears laughing in the car. None of the other episodes lived up to that, so I stopped listening.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

how does this work?

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    what even is this [chat]

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    so this i s what it takes to drag Beawt into a chat

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    What even is this

nice

doojg doojh doojh doojh

everybody do your facts and know your stars there's glitz and glamour and lots of bars

nice

doojg doojh doojh doojh

everybody do your facts and know your stars there's glitz and glamour and lots of bars
    get a drink, at a club...then go walk in front of chinese theatre

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    sp

space[chat]

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    nice

doojg doojh doojh doojh

Get a drink

at a club

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

how does this work?

you only actually see it through the hololens and i guess they've just mocked up a projection to show you what he's seeing

nice

doojg doojh doojh doojh

hollywood facts

take out your diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks

nice

doojg doojh doojh doojh

hollywood facts

check out the facts it's the hollywood facts

dfzn9elrnajf.png
    I have listened to three comedy bang bang episodes and one is the episode with andy samberg where they sing that song an outrageous number of times. I was in tears laughing in the car. None of the other episodes lived up to that, so I stopped listening.

have you listened to the one where HR Giger possesses Cake Boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAvVirvZQY

It is one of my absolute favorites

not including some classic Harris Wittels bits (RIP Harris)

nice

doojg doojh doojh doojh

hollywood facts

check out the facts it's the hollywood facts

BRO

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

how does this work?

you only actually see it through the hololens and i guess they've just mocked up a projection to show you what he's seeing

Take a gander at the cameraman's equipment

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ok, now I get it. It seems like the big deal isn't actually that its AR. It's that they are doing something other than an FPS with a VR style display. I think you could do the same thing in a much more immersive way with a VR headset, BUT regardless, having the world be down and walking around it is much more interesting than just playing an FPS. I would like to play a strategy game or city building game like this.

edited June 2015
    there was a time where this was a tick of ours and if someone said nice we couldn't NOT go through the whole song...no matter where we were in public.....

it was troubling...and fun...and sad

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
    Eddy wrote: »

how does this work?

Take a gander at the cameraman's equipment

yeah, i figured it was something like the camera was also using a hololens, so if you're sitting in the audience you aren't actually seeing that live, but on the screens

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

how does this work?

There was a cameraman walking around with a modified camera that had the hololens built into it I think.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

how does this work?

this.

you wear a headset like you do with the rift, only you can see through it (it is transparent) and a screen overlays stuff in 3d space into reality.

the kinect-style trackers are baked-in to the headset, so it is from you to the world instead of from a fixed point tracking you.

They have done a lot of demos of this tech for non-gaming things at places like BUILD. this tech is fucking impressive.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Of course, there's no way I'm not buying Fallout 4 for PC.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Any Harris' foam corner is great

Any farts and procreation is great

Marissa Wompler was amazing until they used her for the 50th time

Bill Cosby bukowski was great while it lasted

Lauren lapkus as traci reardon was amazing and her "sentiment off" might be the funniest thing CBB has done

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    so this i s what it takes to drag Beawt into a chat

i think after 3 years it's obvious that it always takes me to drag beast anywhere

I am the secret ingredient

the catalyst

the ass kicker

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    That was very impressive, although I do have to echo the "The 3DS can already do that, it's just nobody cares" thing.

I ate an engineer
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Lauren lapkus as traci reardon was amazing and her "sentiment off" might be the funniest thing CBB has done

PFT always has strong, consistent characters

Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and Cake Boss may be the best of them though

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Ok, now I get it. It seems like the big deal isn't actually that its AR. It's that they are doing something other than an FPS with a VR style display. I think you could do the same thing in a much more immersive way with a VR headset, BUT regardless, having the world be down and walking around it is much more interesting than just playing an FPS. I would like to play a strategy game or city building game like this.

My problem with ALL of the VR solutions, oculus included, is that it necessitates leaving earth. you put a thing on your head that completely blocks out the outside world.

Sitting on the couch and playing a game when you have other people who may or may not want to talk to you or pets to pay attention to or stuff going on in the kitchen or whatever seems like a huge hassle and a major fail point.

Hololens never replaces reality, it just supplements it. If summer wanted to ask me a question she could. The TV could still be running a camera in the game so she knows what is going on even if she does not see exactly what I do.

It seems a bit more real-life friendly.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    The limitation of the table doesn't actually make sense for purposes of playing the game. Better to just see the whole world in VR, but from the same perspective of floating above.

Dungeon Siege played that way would be unbelievable. Like real time LotR movie battles.

y2jake215 wrote: »

PFT always has strong, consistent characters

Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and Cake Boss may be the best of them though

Pft is so consistent I can't even count him

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Hololens?

I like the sound of that.

This discussion has been closed.