As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Codename: STEAM] Speed Patch is now available on the eShop!

123457»

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The speed patch makes the game so much better. I seriously had a ear-to-ear grin on my face the first time I tested it.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    How do I go about pulling this patch for the physical version?

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Just go onto the eShop, look for Codename Steam 1.10 patch

Thanks!

Patch is live people! Experience the speed!!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • LitanyLitany Registered User regular
    Do I have to go through the demo again (with the full squad) to be eligible for the carry over to the full game?

Steam: Litany || PSN: Litany- || Nintendo Network ID: Litany
    I'm really liking this game so far! I only got through the first set of missions, but so far so good. I do think I might be playing much more cautiously then the game thinks I should. Hmm maybe I'll try the next level at a fast speed.

Litany wrote: »
    Do I have to go through the demo again (with the full squad) to be eligible for the carry over to the full game?

Nope. You can carry over whenever you'd like and transfer up to 9,999 coins.
    I'm really liking this game so far! I only got through the first set of missions, but so far so good. I do think I might be playing much more cautiously then the game thinks I should. Hmm maybe I'll try the next level at a fast speed.

I play super cautiously as well and wouldn't worry about it. You can redo levels later with full squads and newer members to reach the Turn goals.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I'm on the mission where I have to destroy the barrier alien. I was doing awesome, but completely forgot about the two bombers on top of the buildings along the side.

Needless to say, it wasn't pretty. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Oh hey so some people have the new Fire Emblem amiibos, does anyone have info about Robin and Lucina's abilities and stuff?

Time for a big assumption dump!

We know that DLC characters for Smash Bros (Mewtwo, Lucas, etc) are getting amiibos- and we have pretty good reason to believe that Roy will be introduced. If he is, he would likely get an amiibo- do you think they would add him as DLC to this game?

Probably not, considering it didn't do so hot but.... it would be cool.

• KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    This was released in Australia today so I finally tried the demo. Of course the speed patch is now in place, but I thought it was excellent.

Oh man I haven't touched the game in a while since i've been playing other stuff but despite beating the game I just found out about
    STOVEPIPE.

edited May 2015
    Okay so i've unlocked the thirteenth character, and in the process discovered something about grinding medals. There are a few places where you can grind for them (I think the best is the third stage in mission 5) but also- and this is something I wish i'd known-

Medals cap out at 9999 on any mission. So if you're playing on Merciless mode, you can safely stop collecting at 5000 because there is no more point after that.

Also, if you're curious about my grinding method:
    In the basement level, where the purple lurker is that you need to kill to complete the mission, there will be two perpetually spawning enemies. They'll keep respawning until you've "activated" the boss (by shooting the crate in the back of the room). Equip Fox with the ninja pack and have her just snipe them every round. You should be getting about 60 medals each turn from killing them, which is actually 120 in Merciless mode once the score racks them up. Make sure to kill all the other enemies so they don't interrupt you!

Tairu on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I really need to get back to this game. I blame Animal Crossing :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    Bought my actual copy. Learnt a few lessons the hard way, but I'm starting to get in control of things.

I'm not sure if using save points is cheating to not. I completely saved my team on the anti-air artillery monster mission by using 200 coins at a save point.

I'm also finding that using special moves early can make life much easier to take control of a level.

Kriegaffe wrote: »
    Bought my actual copy. Learnt a few lessons the hard way, but I'm starting to get in control of things.

I'm not sure if using save points is cheating to not. I completely saved my team on the anti-air artillery monster mission by using 200 coins at a save point.

I'm also finding that using special moves early can make life much easier to take control of a level.

Using save points to restore your squad is not cheating, hell it's almost necessary for getting those turn limit goals.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Until you have access to all of the characters and most of the weapons, the save points are almost necessary to survive

Boo.. So I got into a car accident today and my 3DS flew out of my pocket. Someone found it for me, but the cartridge slot is empty :( Bye Codename: STEAM :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Boo.. So I got into a car accident today and my 3DS flew out of my pocket. Someone found it for me, but the cartridge slot is empty :( Bye Codename: STEAM :(

:(

That sucks man. Who steals just a cartridge? At least you got your system back.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited June 2015
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

:(

That sucks man. Who steals just a cartridge? At least you got your system back.

I don't think it was stolen, I think it fell out if the system. But that means it's probably sitting in the mud in a ditch now. If I am super lucky it will have fallen out inside my car and I can probably find it when I go to pull my stuff from it. But judging by the mud on my 3DS (luckily ONLY mud, no actual damage), I'm guessing not :(

Warlock82 on