As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Love] thread, for exist's sake.

ASimPersonASimPerson Cold...and hard.Registered User regular
edited August 2015 in Social Entropy++
(h/t @WeedLordVegeta for the thread title)

Okay kids, it's the love and relationships thread. This is the place to go for help on getting a relationship or advice on your current one.

Capital job, last time out, let's keep it up. Just remember, no drama, and this is a 13+ forum. Have at it!

Bogey on

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2015
    I love pizza, and pizza loves me.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hello yes I was told to come here for the irl fightings

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'll fight you. So long as that fight consists of about a minute of good-natured smack talk followed by beers and then we leave as friends.

...I'm not good at fighting.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I'm seeing a lady, she has a kid. They are both pretty rad.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    So there is an IT company my group has been using for a really long time, and I had to give them a ring last week to get some new programs installed. I wound up spending an hour on the phone with a man with an enchanting Irish accent who apparently moved here a year ago from Dublin and it was actually a pretty nice conversation. And then he was at our workplace the next day and turned out to be pretty cute and I started hatching a plan to need some tech work done on my computer in the future.

....and then I came to work to find out that last Friday was the last day we had with that tech company and now we have a new one. I'm starting to think that I have some kind of Liz Lemon-based curse that won't allow me to have a love life until I've finished marathoning through 30 Rock.

At least... I added him on LinkedIn?

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

let's go

EzUAYcn.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »

let's go

*aggressively pre-brustles bristles*

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Huuuuug fiiiiight!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Awww, Geth :heartbeat:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

I would be quite wary of any hugs Geth offers.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

and it shows

I would be quite wary of any hugs Geth offers.

Would it be the same lifeless hug Olaf gives with his dead branch arms?

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    i have a new crush and it's got me all fricked up

I messaged some interesting women on OKC with things in their profiles like
    I enjoy long walks on the beach when I'm being carried and don't have to walk.
    Yelling at other people's kids

I sent them a message
    The beach is ever so far and yet I could carry you with ease.

What do you yell at other's kids for?
    What facet of pop culture do you find not that interesting?

I feel the odds are not in my favor in this adventure.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    probably not, they most likely get messages like that all the time. Try an anecdote about yourself next time like "This one time i drank everclear and tripped mad balls watching the 1981 version of clash of the titans"

probably not, they most likely get messages like that all the time. Try an anecdote about yourself next time like "This one time i drank everclear and tripped mad balls watching the 1981 version of clash of the titans"

I did that a lot in the past and got WTF and you are weird as replies
    So I tired a different path
    I guess I will go back to non sequitur messages again.

meh, some times it works, some times it don't. Back when i did the OKC thing it was either the simple, "Hey, how's it going care to chat?" or the brief side fact about my life messages that got the most attention. Pretty good success with a chat while they are online too.

This area has turned into a 9-5 area over the last 5 years it's both sad and fascinating.
    I am usually up at night and asleep when most people are awake.
    So I rarely see people online.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Love stinks

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Stop falling in love with farm animals and it won't stink as much.

Hacksaw wrote: »
    Stop falling in love with farm animals and it won't stink as much.

Heavy Petting zoo is a thing though

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    hot for zoosmell

• AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular

i love this post, it made me order pizza

Now it's something I do find odd and I have no idea what to do about it.
    Last night when I went to get a cart for my cardboard a woman was laughing and in generally a good mood stepped outside to get a cart stopped dead and stared at me not in horror but that look of drooling bliss.

It's just odd as I have no idea what to say other than Hi as they stare awkwardly at me

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Somehow I made my way to http://straightwhiteboystexting.tumblr.com/ for the first time tonight

It's a good read, and it's also made me painfully aware of my own bad texting/online communication habits, which I now realize I need to work much harder at improving

Like, nothing on the level of what you see there (god I hope not, anyway) but general shitty behavior like being too demanding of people's time, or focusing more on getting attention from others than actually listening and showing interest in them

It's also made me painfully aware of some of my own super cheeseball opening lines on like okcupid and stuff. Frankly how I ever got a single date is beyond me.

Reading a few of the messages that were posted in that tumblr is really depressing.
    The girl whom I am playing 20 questions with said I could ask her anything. I told her it's no fun to ask sexual questions or comments when I ask someone if they can fake an accent, what they thought of pineapple on pizza or if they found either fan fiction or pokemon collections more awkward than the other.

Where is the fun in saying sexual things to women when you can say things like the above?

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    So there is an IT company my group has been using for a really long time, and I had to give them a ring last week to get some new programs installed. I wound up spending an hour on the phone with a man with an enchanting Irish accent who apparently moved here a year ago from Dublin and it was actually a pretty nice conversation. And then he was at our workplace the next day and turned out to be pretty cute and I started hatching a plan to need some tech work done on my computer in the future.

....and then I came to work to find out that last Friday was the last day we had with that tech company and now we have a new one. I'm starting to think that I have some kind of Liz Lemon-based curse that won't allow me to have a love life until I've finished marathoning through 30 Rock.

If I were him I'd be really pleased with the LinkedIn add. You should endorse his skills :winky:

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

No no, this is good. You'll no longer have to see him in a work-based situation with all its potential trappings of awkwardness. Of course you'll have to come up with a pretext to contact him, but I'm sure there was something that came up in that phone conversation that you might need clarification on.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I am reading Aziz's new book, Modern Romance, which came out today

It's like a sociology book but funnier

Right now I am on the chapter about asking people out
    And how technology has added weird quirks to that

poo
    iJ2yFqV.jpg

poo
    I saw a comment about getting the book on Kindle they said to invest in the hard copy as it has graphs and pictures that the black and white kindle cannot do justice to
    SO glad I have a kindle hd

Oh no!
    Well I can view those on my computer

poo
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    A lady sent me a message on OKC.

This has never happened before.

Send help.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    A lady sent me a message on OKC.

This has never happened before.

Send help.

neg her shoes
    am I doing it right?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    In exactly a month I'll of been dating someone for a year.

That's kinda nuts.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I haven't gotten a message back from that poly trio yet :(

I haven't gotten a message back from that poly trio yet :(

How long have you been waiting?

Also, I just want to say that Poly-Trio sounds like a Pokémon.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Also if you say it real fast it sounds like an Italian name "ahhhh Politrio, my cousin..."

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm only allowed to have cats in my building.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.