As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steven Universe] 1. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY 2. SAY IT

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    A revelation occurred.

Connie's parents think she is.getting super serious about tennis.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Also UG got Steven to use his shield

Fight me

dan I am okay with that being the case

but I'm curious if they ended up doing anything with it in a non-cross over episode as well

Nope!

Oddly enough, he didn't even bubble when in danger in Joy Ride.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Also UG got Steven to use his shield

Fight me

dan I am okay with that being the case

but I'm curious if they ended up doing anything with it in a non-cross over episode as well

Nope!

Oddly enough, he didn't even bubble when in danger in Joy Ride.

By if I mean in an episode they skipped for this marathon, since that was implied in one of the interviews about the steven bomb 2: electric bogaloo

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    whaaaat

• Options
    its like you don't even read my blog daniel
    I don't have a blog

• Options
    i have a blog

• Options
    abracadaniel.com

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    this episode was kinda... alright? didn't wow me. felt like it was just more of the same re: pearl

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    this episode was kinda... alright? didn't wow me. felt like it was just more of the same re: pearl

But for Connie it was a lot of surprises.
    Her outright devotion to Steven was surprising to see. Its interesting that she never objects to the idea that she should serve Steven as his warrior.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well
    she's also a child, and probably gets caught up in the single-minded enthusiasm/training that Pearl provides

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Also
    she has always been pretty desperate to find a role in the world of Cool Magical Stuff.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Also I mean swordfighting is pretty darn cool. I know when I was her age I'd have probably gone with just about anything to learn how to swordfight.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Also Connie has admitted that she feels like a nobody compared to Steven, so she wasn't that far off from that mindset to begin with.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    the emotional beats for Pearl may have been a bit rrepetitive, but teaching Connie to swordfight is a good plot and the song was pretty great

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I am always down for characters with little to no fighting experience getting a cool training montage and start wrecking shit so i liked this episode

There has never been an instance of that particular plot i've disliked i'm pretty sure

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    If only they could give Connie some kind of special sword from the gem homeworld.

Some kind of... space sword.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    the emotional beats for Pearl may have been a bit rrepetitive, but teaching Connie to swordfight is a good plot and the song was pretty great

I thought
    Pearl's song was too forced.

I loved the Jam song, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTBTd0W0NCA

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Jam song more like lil butler

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2015
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    This was such a pretty episode

also
    it's interesting how this episode furthers that Pearl isn't a fighter by design
    Jasper calls her a "defective Pearl" so I assume the gems have a caste system of sorts and Pearls are like supervisors or organizers given Pearl's personality.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Can someone explain the thing with pearl and swords to me

Like I know she's trained to fight a lot but her weapon is a spear

why does she collect swords and seem so into them

its kinda weird to me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

its kinda weird to me

Not sure but the default guess is....Rose Quartz used a sword.

Edit: 2nd thought, we now know she sorta idolizes knights and the iconic weapon there is also a sword.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Fair enough

Didn't like the song but otherwise the episode was excellent

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

its kinda weird to me

Edit: 2nd thought, we now know she sorta idolizes knights and the iconic weapon there is also a sword.

I think it fits Pearls character that she treasures the skill she had to practice and hone over the skill that was more or less baked into her being.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options

its kinda weird to me

I think it fits Pearls character that she treasures the skill she had to practice and hone over the skill that was more or less baked into her being.

Absolutely

I just wonder why she focused on swords and not the thing she can actually magically make and mostly uses in real combat

• Options
    well her spear has a long blade

kind of a sword spear

• Options
    Oh, an aside

I was ok with this being some repeated stuff for pearls character because yo that girl has some very serious issues re: Rose/Steven and they were explored before but didn't exactly get resolved

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    About Connie's sparring outfit...
    http://asidewalksymphony.tumblr.com/post/121646020761/i-know-everyone-is-saying-that-connie-is-wearing

fyb0osomqq2l.jpg
    Kalaripayattu is a Martial art which originated as a style in Kerala, during the early 13th Century AD. It is considered to be one of the oldest fighting system in existence.

• Options
    Yep, its a traditional indian martial arts outfit

very cool touch

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Connie is the best character.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Connie is a great character

Its been said before but basically someone could say pretty much anyone in the show is their favorite and I wouldn't bat an eye

the last show I can think of like that was probably ATLA

• Options
    About Connie's sparring outfit...
    http://asidewalksymphony.tumblr.com/post/121646020761/i-know-everyone-is-saying-that-connie-is-wearing

fyb0osomqq2l.jpg
    Kalaripayattu is a Martial art which originated as a style in Kerala, during the early 13th Century AD. It is considered to be one of the oldest fighting system in existence.

nothing is wasted in this show

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Watching the episode again,
    When they first warped to the sky arena, there is another diamond pattern on the wall behind the warp. Reminded me of the windows logo, it had 4 colors yellow, white, blue, pink. In the jailbreak episode there was a similar diamond pattern on the gem hand ship, I think (either that or the homeworld warp...). But it it only had 3 colors. Pink was missing.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Oh, an aside

I was ok with this being some repeated stuff for pearls character because yo that girl has some very serious issues re: Rose/Steven and they were explored before but didn't exactly get resolved

I thought we also saw her being a bit more than just moonstruck by Rose. This showed her devotion in a much more active role. It's ground we've already seen but from a different angle.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    When they first warped to the sky arena, there is another diamond pattern on the wall behind the warp. Reminded me of the windows logo, it had 4 colors yellow, white, blue, pink. In the jailbreak episode there was a similar diamond pattern on the gem hand ship, I think (either that or the homeworld warp...). But it it only had 3 colors. Pink was missing.
    The Diamond Authority? And the 3 colour one is after Rose dissents? I'm reminded of that theory that Rose is a Rose Diamond.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular

Nice catch.

I think that that's something like Garnet being a fusion that a lot of people sort of knew was coming, but finding the little hints everywhere was sort of neat.

I think it's pretty much a sure thing that
    Rose was one of the actual governing council of gems.

And the other three are still alive and kicking, and doubtlessly ready to kick it into high-gear if they think that "Rose is coming back."

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Cute Episode
    I always enjoy Steven and Connie on their "dates".

Seagull are a blight

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I'm a little confused about tonight's episode, the Ronaldo one--is it a two parter or no? My guide listing says it shares the same half hour block as Sworn to the sword.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options

Nice catch.

I think that that's something like Garnet being a fusion that a lot of people sort of knew was coming, but finding the little hints everywhere was sort of neat.

I think it's pretty much a sure thing that
    Rose was one of the actual governing council of gems.

And the other three are still alive and kicking, and doubtlessly ready to kick it into high-gear if they think that "Rose is coming back."
    So Yellow Diamond is likely one of the others

I wonder if all of the ruling council have names in that pattern, when it seems like all other gems dont

• Options
    I'm a little confused about tonight's episode, the Ronaldo one--is it a two parter or no? My guide listing says it shares the same half hour block as Sworn to the sword.

it is but I guess they're spreading it out over two nights then

• Options
    Boo, I don't like ronaldo

This discussion has been closed.