As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steven Universe] 1. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY 2. SAY IT

19495969798100»

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is there a proper order of the episodes listed somewhere

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Boo, I don't like ronaldo

That's exactly what you want you to think

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Is there a proper order of the episodes listed somewhere

@Bobkins Flymo http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_Guide

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Rising Tides/Crashing Skies isn't a two parter, it's just an oddly titled episode.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Boo, I don't like ronaldo
    b54d528b9c15ae64c055ee04ab21e6c3.jpg

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I liked Ronaldo's spotlight episode bye a little of him goes a long way

• Options
    Yeah I'm ok with a ronaldo episode here and there I just wouldn't want him to be the center of a two parter

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Oh man did I wake up to some special SU goodness today. I've already watched the new opening like 15 times and watched the new episode twice in a row. Definitely my favorite episode so far.
    Pearl: "In a real battle Steven won't be there to save you."
    Steven: "Yes I will!"
    Pearl: "Steven...you don't know that."
    Steven: "Yes I do! If Connie is going to fight, we're going to fight together!"
    Connie: "That's right!"
    Pearl: "You shouldn't be anywhere near the fight. You're too important!"
    Steven: "I am not!"
    Pearl: "Yes you are!"
    Steven: "No!"
    Pearl: "WHY WON'T YOU LET ME JUST DO THIS FOR YOU ROSE!!!"
    Steven & Connie: "!"

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Steven_Universe_Season_2_Episode_62_Still.jpg

Speculation about this image:
    I'm pretty sure this is Rose Quartz fused with Amethyst. I initially thought maybe Rose finds out about Greg's preference for tall women and shapeshifts to a short form to tease him or something, but her hair style here has elements of Amethyst's hair. If I'm right, this makes Greg and Amethyst's relationship quite a bit more intriguing.

• Options
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

I'm pretty sure this is Rose Quartz fused with Amethyst. I initially thought maybe Rose finds out about Greg's preference for tall women and shapeshifts to a short form to tease him or something, but her hair style here has elements of Amethyst's hair. If I'm right, this makes Greg and Amethyst's relationship quite a bit more intriguing.
    I really really doubt that since traditionally fusions look nothing like either base gem

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular

I'm pretty sure it's
    Rose setting up an RKO

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Watching the episode again,
    When they first warped to the sky arena, there is another diamond pattern on the wall behind the warp. Reminded me of the windows logo, it had 4 colors yellow, white, blue, pink. In the jailbreak episode there was a similar diamond pattern on the gem hand ship, I think (either that or the homeworld warp...). But it it only had 3 colors. Pink was missing.
    The Diamond Authority? And the 3 colour one is after Rose dissents? I'm reminded of that theory that Rose is a Rose Diamond.
    Now I'm curious as to whether we'll see any significant amount of playing card themes for the gem factions. Four leaders, four colors, in a diamond pattern... I dunno, might be far fetched, but I'm calling it now.

• Options
    edited June 2015

I really really doubt that since traditionally fusions look nothing like either base gem

I was thinking that too. However, one of the descriptions for this week's set of episodes mentions Greg learning about gem fusion, so maybe the rules are different for her?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rose is about to throw Greg over her shoulder.

This is where Amethyst got her love of wrestling

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That's a reference to an Anime. Lord knows which one. It's also pretty clearly the end of the episode

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    That's a reference to an Anime. Lord knows which one.

uhh

aUrI8iI.jpg

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    When they first warped to the sky arena, there is another diamond pattern on the wall behind the warp. Reminded me of the windows logo, it had 4 colors yellow, white, blue, pink. In the jailbreak episode there was a similar diamond pattern on the gem hand ship, I think (either that or the homeworld warp...). But it it only had 3 colors. Pink was missing.

Nice catch.

I think that that's something like Garnet being a fusion that a lot of people sort of knew was coming, but finding the little hints everywhere was sort of neat.

I think it's pretty much a sure thing that
    Rose was one of the actual governing council of gems.

And the other three are still alive and kicking, and doubtlessly ready to kick it into high-gear if they think that "Rose is coming back."

Yeah after Jailbreak someone looked it up and found
    that Rose's gem looks a lot more like Pink Diamond

pink_diamond.gif

than it does Rose Quartz.

Rose_Quartz__1.jpg

• Options
    That's a reference to an Anime. Lord knows which one.

uhh

aUrI8iI.jpg

That was my first thought but the pose in the picture implies something else

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Sworn to the Sword
    Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Pearl is a little white knight/fedora-y. It's subtle though. And I don't think it is quite that exactly.

Kind of irrelevant but I can't help but be reminded of this by the episode opening:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSp3MM18pIU

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    eh, I guess Ronaldo just can't carry an episode

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    it was not great

he may be the weakest character for me

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Personally I really liked it. It's still really interesting to me to see what regular people know of and think of the crystal gems. Also the episode had some pretty funny, if subtle, jokes. (Like the descriptions for all the characters: "Intimidating Teenage Girl", "Gracious Host." Onion's "???????" was the best one though.)

Gundi on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Mayor Dewey
    Mayor Dewey

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    the rest of the episodes sound fun

maybe fun isnt the right word

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Personally I really liked it. It's still really interesting to me to see what regular people know of and think of the crystal gems. Also the episode had some pretty funny, if subtle, jokes. (Like the descriptions for all the characters: "Intimidating Teenage Girl", "Gracious Host." Onion's "???????" was the best one though.)

I really like the "Steven is Pregnant" callback.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Like other funny things:
    "I could see that the Crystal Gems had connections in the highest levels of local government."

Or also Ronaldo mentions Beach City as having a "subsidized wind farm" which is funny to me because that's totally something a small town would make a big deal over.

• Options
    YOU CAN'T MAKE UP DRAMA THIS GOOD

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    This was a pretty funny episode.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    ...I don't understand the negative reactions to this episode

it was great. it was like, classic simpsons level comedy.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Nice catch.

I think that that's something like Garnet being a fusion that a lot of people sort of knew was coming, but finding the little hints everywhere was sort of neat.

I think it's pretty much a sure thing that
    Rose was one of the actual governing council of gems.

And the other three are still alive and kicking, and doubtlessly ready to kick it into high-gear if they think that "Rose is coming back."

Yeah after Jailbreak someone looked it up and found
    that Rose's gem looks a lot more like Pink Diamond

pink_diamond.gif

than it does Rose Quartz.

Rose_Quartz__1.jpg

to further talk about it:
    maybe Rose was/is Pink Diamond. If she decides to dissent and rebel, maybe it would make sense that she would throw off her old name and choose a gem name that was similar and more in line with what she represents. She's one of the ruling caste, she can do that just for the audacity of it.

Maybe the name Rose Quartz took hold as a symbol for the Crystal Gem army and as a sign of derision and coverup for the Homeworld Gems because Diamonds don't rebel against the council.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    ...I don't understand the negative reactions to this episode

it was great. it was like, classic simpsons level comedy.
    Yeah, I had way more fun with it than I expected from a Ronaldo episode.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Mayor Dewey
    Mayor Dewey

F55EG6o.png
    blthYLG.png

• Options
    This thread has been a hell of a ride.

Who's making the next one?

• Options
    I don't have time to make a fancy new OP so I leave it to you the monsters I created

Fans.

Fans I created.

. . .

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    I don't normally make threads on PA, so its my first time, but I gave it my best:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/198832/its-a-great-big-steven-universe-out-there?new=1

This discussion has been closed.