As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great Big E3 Thread of Announcements, Leaks, Hype, and Doom!

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Microsoft has come out to tell everyone to forget their previous conference, all those games are coming to PC so just get one of those with Windows 10.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Microsoft has come out to tell everyone to forget their previous conference, all those games are coming to PC so just get one of those with Windows 10.

To be fair, that phrase was used a lot during the xbox presentation already.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Promote more cross-play and cultivate the Xbox ecosystem with Windows 10 and you'll bet your ass I will buy into a One

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for the announcement of the all new Games for Windows Live initiative that will be bundled with all of these.

• Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    One thing about Hitman 6 is that his face does not look as cool or menacing as it used to. Maybe he's younger in this or something.

f87e4c672dcac4032e3751d2a06c4554e68c742a_1_690x207.jpg

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Cool. If they're putting out the ultimate edition maybe PC will get Gears 4 at some point.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Pretty heavy tease for either Gears 4 or more remakes coming too.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Yo forget what you heard.

THIS IS THE GAME OF E3 RIGHT HERE.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the announcement of the all new Games for Windows Live initiative that will be bundled with all of these.

i think the Xbox app is basically filling in for any Games for Windows type system.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    This is really feeling like MS round 2 with the PC master race vibe coming from the audience.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Not really paying attention but giantbomb thinks Hololens is really rad. They weren't shown anything game wise, but for the non-game stuff they were shown they thought it was rad.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    I just hope this isn't like their Halo on pc thing. Yeah here's a game once in a while, you happy?

Phil Spencer was being super cagey. It sounded like they don't know what other stuff they want to put on PC.

Everyone wants Halo. But Microsoft can't afford to put Halo anywhere but Xbox.

So... the original Gears again.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Microsoft seems serious about PC... it's hard to buy in fully because they've seemed serious about PC many many times but it's seldom lasted for more than a few months.

The lines keep blurring between the two platforms and Microsoft will do their customers well by embracing that blurring from both sides. Make Xbox more PC-like (stuff like mod support is a Good Move for this), and allow for Xbox-style experiences on PC (they seem to be making good moves here with releasing Xbox exclusives over to PC and the new Xbox hub in Win10).

• Options
    Eve Valkyrie looks cool. Hope VR delivers.

• Options
    KI and Gears on PC is huge, they're never going to put Halo on PC though.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I'm liking this Day 9 guy. He's asking some actual questions to people with questionable history like Spencer and Dean Hall about some issues they probably don't want to talk about.

Had some other questions in general I found interesting too about less negative issues too. I'm not certain it's the best venue for all of it, but he asks some interesting mechanics related questions you generally don't get answers for until closer to release.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Day 9 is great. I will watch any game he's casting.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I can't wait to combo the hell out of all of you!

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The lines keep blurring between the two platforms and Microsoft will do their customers well by embracing that blurring from both sides. Make Xbox more PC-like (stuff like mod support is a Good Move for this), and allow for Xbox-style experiences on PC (they seem to be making good moves here with releasing Xbox exclusives over to PC and the new Xbox hub in Win10).

I think this instance will stick a little better because Microsoft's design philosophy has fully shifted to an attempt to unify every device into the Windows ecosystem. It'll be interesting to see exactly how far they go with it

• Options
    edited June 2015

I think this instance will stick a little better because Microsoft's design philosophy has fully shifted to an attempt to unify every device into the Windows ecosystem. It'll be interesting to see exactly how far they go with it

I agree. They've tried in the past but the problem they've had different versions of windows, API differences and internal stuff pulling everything apart. For a long time MS had divisions which didn't want to work together or communicate. They've been moving away from that culture but the Nadalla switch put the final nail in the coffin and they've finally got their shit together. The old MS seems finally dead. If they were doing this stuff 10 years ago they might actually be able launch products like the Zune and phones with some success.

danx on
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Obsidian doing well and being happy with Paradox warms my cockles.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    The Sims: Hipster Edition?

• Options
    PLANET COASTERS. I MUST HAVE THIS.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    The Sims: Hipster Edition?

Not Rollercoaster Tycoon.

• Options
    Rollercoaster Skylines it seems.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    When I saw that, I was trying to remember if the Rollercoaster Tycoon license got sold off.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Atari has it and is making a total shit version. The trailer was so badly received they put out a press release that they were going back to the drawing board or something like that.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Roller Coaster Tycoon World is in the making and they actually released a super duper shitty trailer a while back.
    The response to this was overwhelmingly loud and Atari responded here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzgAhPffWsM

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    Ugh, now I want to play gw2 again.

• Options
    I don't think IO interactive were listed as being there, so I now have some small hope we'll see some other Square people there.

• Options
    I dig this PC conference.

• Options
    Hahaha this is pretty candid and great

• Options

Yeah, it's fun, low key.

• Options
    HEY JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT WE WERE BEING SPONSORED BY AMD

• Options
    Ugh, c'mon AMD, you should have limited your PR to one sections guys.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Only bad part of this is this AMD shit

GPU promotion is not interesting

Butcher on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

A good host helps a lot.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    VR!

4K!

FURY!

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Small video cards are the future, for some reason I guess. Moar games please.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
This discussion has been closed.