As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hollywood [chat]s

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »

All of these classes occur during business hours, even in the distance learning section.

So basically you can only take these classes if your company is involved in your education which basically doesn't happen.

It's like the only way to escape poverty is bankruptcy.

Are you just trying to snag like a bachelor's?

I'd be looking at bellevue college for both lower prices and more flexible schedule.

I already have a BA in English, but that's not getting me anywhere.

Bellevue college is the least horrible, yeah. Just none of it is really easy to take.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I have the best girlfriend

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Options
    jmcdonald wrote: »

All of these classes occur during business hours, even in the distance learning section.

So basically you can only take these classes if your company is involved in your education which basically doesn't happen.

Unless you have student loans

That is delayed bankruptcy. :p

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    What did Obsidian guy say about Pillars? I caught the tail-end of that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    is it possible to get food poisoning in like fifteen minutes

omg what did i eat

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Every time I start getting stressed and anxious about my PhD progress I take a deep breath and remember that I am fortunate enough to not be bankrupting myself doing this

thanks, not-America, yer doin' a bang-up job

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Seven years.

Seven goddamn years.

I am an old, now.
    Come to me, younglings, let me speak of the before time, the long, long ago.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

omg what did i eat

possible, certainly. possibly an allergic reaction though?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    eX0vj2e.png

but what if she did it Cass?

what if she did it

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Every time I start getting stressed and anxious about my PhD progress I take a deep breath and remember that I am fortunate enough to not be bankrupting myself doing this

y would u get stressed

ur not even doing a real subject ur research cant fail because ur mice all get playgoo ffs

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Jesus

The Rays lost to the Nationals 16-4 tonight.

Damn it, Tampa.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

omg what did i eat

allergic reaction seems unlikely as i ate pizza and i eat pizza all the time

but it was two day old pizza

shouldn't be questionable i wouldn't think but my stomach feels asplodey

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That lady's name is not nearly blurred enough.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Alternatively I should just give it all up and become like a barista or something and focus on learning French so I can move to Quebec and get involved in a more affordable education system.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Scheck - what did and is Fearghus saying?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

I'd be looking at bellevue college for both lower prices and more flexible schedule.

Bellevue college is the least horrible, yeah. Just none of it is really easy to take.

Oh hmm.

Yah I dunno then.

Become an IT?

This is the only advice I know how to give.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

y would u get stressed

ur not even doing a real subject ur research cant fail because ur mice all get playgoo ffs

Uh excuse me my research involves getting a bunch of mice to play Kancolle and measure their moé levels

so many dead mice...

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Seven years.

Seven goddamn years.

I am an old, now.

From now on you are a seven year old because I imagined my friend's seven year old saying this and it amused me greatly

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Anyone in chat do the camping thing?

I need to buy stuff. Is Coleman still a good brand?
    I know many of the powerhouse brands of yesteryear have succumbed to cheap Chinese profit margins.

What do you need to buy? Tent? Backpack? Rain coat? Stove?

Car camping, so I don't need a hiking pack or anything.

Gonna need a tent, sleeping bag, probably a lantern.
    Stove is covered.

Ask @BEAST! Tomorrow what brand the tent and sleeping bags he got recently are

We used them over memorial day weekend and they were great

Tent super easy to pitch

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    That lady's name is not nearly blurred enough.

she's daring isis to come find her

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Hey what do you exercise people think about this; I'm trying to calorie plan:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/21575-many-calories-burned-elliptical-machine/

Alternatively, see this

http://www.shape.com/fitness/cardio/how-inaccurate-are-calorie-counters-gym

Are those livestrong numbers accurate-ish? I'm seeing similar numbers, but then I'm reading that they're notoriously inaccurate. I'm at a moderate resistance on it though and I'm averaging around 135 strides/min.

On the other hand they are relying on people saying so for the numbers and the effects of different things. Which I am sceptical of. I'd want them to be quoting a paper rather than "Michele Olsen, PhD" or some dumb fitness guy from some dumb magazine who made up some dumb workout system.

So, while I think the thrust of the article is correct and some of the facts about how the machines calculate things (such as assumptions on weigh, or whether they take in BMR) are likely true, I am pretty sceptical of the numbers or degree of effect.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    phd programs usually don't bankrupt u in amerikkka

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

i actually missed it because i was talking to a bro but i noted he was dere with a paradox guy

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I know many of the powerhouse brands of yesteryear have succumbed to cheap Chinese profit margins.

What do you need to buy? Tent? Backpack? Rain coat? Stove?

Car camping, so I don't need a hiking pack or anything.

Gonna need a tent, sleeping bag, probably a lantern.
    Stove is covered.

Ask @BEAST! Tomorrow what brand the tent and sleeping bags he got recently are

We used them over memorial day weekend and they were great

Tent super easy to pitch

Phrasing.

• Options

y would u get stressed

Uh excuse me my research involves getting a bunch of mice to play Kancolle and measure their moé levels

so many dead mice...

omg... moéce...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Literally every PhD program in engineering I looked at would pay anybody who got in. Thanks, STEM college in America!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakks - I totally get that, but FFT got a new translation when it came to psp that really brought it out of the lol90's translation came and the gameplay, story, and job system are really top notch. If you are ever looking for a game to play, you really might want to consider it. You can borrow it and my psp if you ever want. It's also on iPhone now and looks really nice (but the controls are honestly awkward).

Maybe in a few months

Do you know what my friggin games line up is

I have the chrono trigger port for DS just waiting in line

I can't prioritize

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    A calorie is a measure of heat like a degree or a thermometer. To lose calories, just get very cold.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

A letter to my future self
    Am I still happy? I began
    Have I grown up pretty?
    Is Coleman still a good brand?
    Am I still friends with Colleen?
    I'm sure that I'm still laughing
    Aren't I?
    Aren't I?

Elendil on
  • Options

Oh hmm.

Yah I dunno then.

Become an IT?

This is the only advice I know how to give.

I live in Seattle.

There are toddlers who can out-IT me around here.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Seven years.

Seven goddamn years.

I am an old, now.

From now on you are a seven year old because I imagined my friend's seven year old saying this and it amused me greatly

I've been called worse things by better men.
    This may stand.

sig.gif
  • Options

i actually missed it because i was talking to a bro but i noted he was dere with a paradox guy

Now I'm dead.

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Hakks - I totally get that, but FFT got a new translation when it came to psp that really brought it out of the lol90's translation came and the gameplay, story, and job system are really top notch. If you are ever looking for a game to play, you really might want to consider it. You can borrow it and my psp if you ever want. It's also on iPhone now and looks really nice (but the controls are honestly awkward).

Maybe in a few months

Do you know what my friggin games line up is

I have the chrono trigger port for DS just waiting in line

I can't prioritize

I have the same problem.

• Options

omg what did i eat

crampy waves of pain, or continuous? how disabling is it, can you still get up and walk around?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    phd programs usually don't bankrupt u in amerikkka

let me rephrase: not only is my degree costing me zero cash dollars, I am getting a government scholarship to do it

suck it, American't

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Everyone should have a sleepy dog on their lap.

It's the best.
    Upy1xkwl.jpg

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i am going to watch space jam

i swear it is for comedic joke writing purposes

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    "So, we're trying to do something new and bold with Hitman …"

NO! Keep Hitman simple!

• Options
    scratch dogears for us, aioua

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

omg what did i eat

crampy waves of pain, or continuous? how disabling is it, can you still get up and walk around?

crampy and bloaty

seems to be passing though

This discussion has been closed.